Why is windows the best operating system?

Why is windows the best operating system?

Attached: wangblows.jpg (3840x2160, 952K)

Because it just works?

Attached: 1532028753460.png (741x568, 29K)

It's not the best at anything but if you're a normal human with a job, a family, or anything else that would keep you from spending the time to learn how to use a better OS, then it's a decent experience that can do roughly everything you need it to. Happy????

Because it's lightweight, free and open source.

because it's not made by fat sweaty uneducated neckbeards and trannies in their spare time

Because GNU/Freetards (or rather GNU + Freetards) can't come up with something good for regular people to use, not a broken riced up shit with non-working features.

/thread

WINDOWS IS OBJECTIVELY TRASH!
STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE!

Attached: 245.jpg (1333x900, 80K)

is it? I'm using windows 10 past 3 months (came from arch linux)
I feel weird using it
it just works for video games though, can't complain about it
but there are some retarded things like constant notification that my headphones are plugged in, when it's not
downloading updates whenever it pleases (had to delay them and use only important updates so my files won't get deleted)
have notification for every software when it has updates
have to update software manually
UI is ugly
explorer.exe sometimes hangs when uploading picture
when browsing other HDD, which is connected via SATA, it has to load before opening it
virus scan notifications
can't hide individual folders/files from history (have to turn off history entirely)

at least it has workspaces now
so far, not impressed

>has shitty computer
>complains about the OS on it

quads of truth.

However,
>when browsing other HDD, which is connected via SATA, it has to load before opening it
the drive is likely going into sleep mode. Non-system drives often do this. You're probably getting a delay because the disk is being spun back up.

so, how fast computer has to be for windows?
HDD is 7200RPM (not sure if hwinfo shows that, haven't checked)

Attached: Capture.png (985x587, 107K)

Yeah, I know, but haven't noticed this on arch linux

I genuinely truly think it has the best window manager of the in terms of comfort and ease of use.

>Best window manager
>Windows
Wow hot take

I kind of meant file explorer there and said the wrong thing but with W10 the window manager is also pretty damn good.

I notice that windows often spins down drives after they haven't been accessed for a little while. I bet it's done with power conservation in mind.

It isn't the best, it's just so widely used every same human thinks windows when it comes to operating systems. And there are a lot more well founded software for it therefore it's hard to overtake it.
But by no means it's the best especially when you look at the sphagetti code. But for the average user and people who rely on stability chose windows. By no means it is the most stable one either but it just werks.

file explorer is shit. To highlight: - can't hide individual folders/files from history
- sometimes it hangs when uploading picture
to add to this
- can't unpin default locations from sidebar
- can't put custom locations where I want it to on sidebar (can only pin folders to quick access)

not sure why by default desktop would do this, I've even turned off auto sleep function

doesn't matter, anyway, can't wait for Zen3 to upgrade my CPU and go back to linux

Because you are deluded.

Attached: 1538210365831.jpg (3840x2160, 424K)

my favourite feature of explorer is that it completely sizes up when it cant connect to a network drive

Attached: e37757cd.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

p.s. how to use explorer tabs? I remember some time ago reading that windows finally got tabs in explorer, how to enable it?

another funny thing:
- when you right click on folder in explorer, it doesn't automatically selects folder and brings its' menu, but shows general right click menu

Peped and greenpilled

>comes installed in most prebuilt PCs and laptops along with a product key
>supports virtually everything
>alternatives aren't normalfag-friendly and/or don't support popular programs
if it weren't for the third one, it would probably the worst

>supports virtually everything
tell that to windows 10 and hardware it doesn't support anymore
inb4:
>soon to be deprecated windows 7

It does, but it has a weird mask for it, though.

Attached: rclick.png (390x209, 12K)

oh... it has to be in icons view
if it's list or details view, it doesn't

wait... what the hell, now it does work
OK... figured out... you have to click inside the folder to open menu for folders, if you click on the window title (for example) it brings general menu

here's list view, i think it's the same for details

Attached: rclick(17).png (578x236, 48K)

I see now...
that is weird design choice

Agreed, also I've checked for details view, if you click on the detail info like the date or size, it will open up the folder menu. But if you click the empty space between detail columns it will not.
fugg

>microsoft design

fpbp
/thread

Attached: update truck.jpg (750x734, 149K)

until you want to open more than 3 applications

at least you have more than 3 applications to open

The only thing that comes remotely close to Windows 10 Explorer is Dolphin (usually part of KDE). I've yet to see anything better.

Oh and please someone upload that picture of the GTK file picker that doesn't have thumbnail preview since more than 10 years.

Attached: HeroJojoshII.jpg (201x201, 13K)

Because MacOS is for absolute retards and Linux distros are still broken as Windows 10 updates.

Fucking this, type any unexistent FTP address on the url bar and enjoy watching explorer freezing for several seconds or even crashing. Same with scratched CDs and corrupted flashdrives. Microsoft needs to get their shit together, stuff like this happens since XP

Explorer doesn't have multitab support.

It really doesn't though.
this is pretty much correct
quads of "YOU JUST PLUGGED A DEVICE INTO THE AUDIO JACK!"
that was even a meme amongst my friends 12+ years ago in school

What are some things that, on a technical level, Windows does better than Linux?

trick question
it's not

Spy on it's users?

Attached: worksonmymachine.png (200x193, 30K)

that is not a meme, I've disabled notifications with realtek audio console, otherwise it pops up randomly
has to do something with case, probably, because this started when I changed computer case

post benchmarks

> constant notification that my headphones are plugged in, when it's not
disable notifications
>downloading updates whenever it pleases (had to delay them and use only important updates so my files won't get deleted)
disable updates, if you want to update enable updates -> update -> disable updates
>have notification for every software when it has updates
disable notifications
>have to update software manually
99% of software that's really need's to be updates have updater included
>virus scan notifications
disable windows defender

all of other shit is real, but what i've listed is just few clicks to get fixed
and there are tools to reduce clicks from few to one

Audio in general, hardware support and compatibility.

yep, brainlets stuck forever

XP 32-bit. Yes.

>doing all that shit
I thought it was supposed to "just werk".

last good one was 8.1

10 went full retard when they fired their testers and started rolling untested code to users

i cannot imagine how retarded their management must be to make such idiotic decision

do you think I haven't resolved my issues and still using windows with constant headphone notifications?
I was listing things I found different from arch linux and to oppose OPs "best OS"
it is not best OS if something as stupid as this happens

>software has it's own updater
you still have to use updater for each software to update. There's no one unified updater to check and update every software (by default at least). As someone coming from arch linux it is manually in my dictionary.

NTFS's MFT
Powershell
Assistive tech
Software installation/management
Dragging a picture link into the upload box automatically downloads the picture into Temp, and uploads it to post

>Why is windows the best operating system?
And by that you mean anything pre 10.

>muh security holes operating system is better
hackers are constantly hacking your computer, you know

No, they are not if you aren't a brainlet you absolute ludite.

you just don't know it
I'm in your computer right now, browsing your furries folder
you have sick taste, user...

it's the power of the sheep, they are convinced it is and no matter what you show them they would still think it's the best, just like apple

Windows easy to use, looks nice which is subjective, easy to get software for and share/backup the installers, familiar, preinstalled, has better battery life when compared to ubuntu, actually works instead of intermittently works, graphical interface instead of having to use plain text everything interface for the majority of things, I don't play games but there's that, its default choice, no one with think you're a sperg, its been easy to solve any issues like getting rid of botnet or stupid full start screen for me although not for everyone, office which isn't included but still, included software like snipping tool, paint, steps is nice/reasonable to get started, its just something you use to do what you want/need and then nothing, it doesn't impart any cult or fanatic brainwashing like Linux and Mac do, its a useful tool not a key part of your personality/image, use it then move on with other things.
I'm not editing, hope you enjoyed the rambling.

Attached: Waffles the Cat, Wow! Check out this super cute art by Chun! See___.jpg (500x500, 55K)

this is most uneducated post in this thread.
good job, user

user, how to enable tabs in windows explorer?

Because there's cinnamon swirls in every bite?

Totally. I updated to a stable release and it deleted the options menu. The fucking OPTIONS AND ALL OF THE SYSTEM TOOLS. Restore point was disable. I was on an admin account, and it locks me out of my own damn system. Fuck that broken ass OS. Also recovery mode broke.

Attached: photo_2018-12-04_16-53-12.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Likely because you didn't configure the drive to ever spin down. gnome-disk-utility is a nice package to handle disk related things

Sounds like faulty wiring to me. Something is making a connection when it shouldn't be

/thread