Hi, interviewer here. Just want to let you know that I would not hire you if I saw you using CamelCase...

Hi, interviewer here. Just want to let you know that I would not hire you if I saw you using CamelCase. Stop using CamelCase.

Attached: 1200px-CamelCase.svg.png (1200x991, 112K)

Nobody wants to work for your Pajeet company that pays 20k a year.

> interviewer
> like, actually pretending on Jow Forums that his job 8/5 is to interview people and not to do any actual programming work
> while knowing anything about programming
Topkek. E for effort.

>the only language still using snakecase-only is C/C++
dont worry, I wouldnt waste my time at a shop stuck in legacy languages

java: GodisNowHere
C: godisnowhere
c++: god_is_no_where

lisp: god-is-here

god_Is_Now_Here

niggersTongueMyAnus

Only C is legacy.

do companies force you to use their own naming methods?

t.student

snake_case is the only style that makes sense for C and C++ BECAUSE you'll have to use it to stay consistent with the stsndard libs desu. Camel case in std is one if the gross things about rust

fpbp

>t.student
That is a nice distribution you got there, user.

>consistent with the stsndard libs
Call me crazy, but for a time I made a point of *not* staying consistent with the languange's convention, to make clear what was my stuff and what was the fault of others. I also tried naming my variables and classes in a language other than English. I stopped after getting tired of getting yelled at.

No one would actually look at code if they're an interviewer or hiring manager.

Modern C++ is mostly snake_case at least in the standard library and boost

You used it in this post, hence ypu should resign and quit

Attached: wright_in_a_benis.png (904x542, 26K)

It's basically arbitrary. Just follow your language's or library's or company's standard, whichever takes precedence.

Attached: 1526068587302.jpg (600x600, 187K)

Hi, interviewer. I'm unironically your future director of human resources and will fire you for being transphobic towards zer, you're both single what's the issue.

Yes, obviously, so you can use other's work and in turn make your work usable by others. If naming conventions are a showstopper for you... you are not built for programming.

CamelCasing is used in ECMAScirpt 6. It's a necessity.

that's PascalCase dipshit

what a waste of a thread

They're likely to want you to stick to whatever style guide they've adopted, but no sensible interviewer would reject somebody for writing in a certain style unless it's a really stupid one like calling all your variables bob1, bob2, or naming everything like AcCoUnTs or some shit.

>Not using CamelCase
>Modern day
Nah

OK. See you on the unemployment line in 6 months Mr Interviewer. When you select candidates based on such stupid things, your company is going to have BIG problems.

Open GL casted this plague on me.

>Not using whatever-the-fuck-this-is ala Common Lisp.
lmao @ u

>Hi, Interviewee Here. Just Wanted To Let You Know That I will Continue To Use CamelCase Regardless Of Whether Or Not You Enjoy It Because Your CEO Is A 5 Year Old Fucking Moron Who Probably Does Use CamelCase For His Letters And You Can't Do Shit About That

based anti-CamelCase interviewer

wtf everyone here doesn't know how program except this guy holy shit Jow Forums is retarded for real

Kek

>C: gd_isnwhr

>camelCase

>c++: god_is_no_where
you mean god::is::no_where

What's this trash fire called Camel Case anyway?
Call me uneducated, but give me a brief rundown of what the fuck is it.

I regret needing to look it up.

good. all languages should be all caps by default anyway

XboxGamertagNamingConvention

.net epic