Is this the best on the market in terms of performance and reliability?

Is this the best on the market in terms of performance and reliability?

Attached: IntelC++Compiler-240x210.png (240x210, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

colfaxresearch.com/compiler-comparison/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Of course, don't forget to compile all your proprietary software products with it to get optimal performance on Intel™ Core™ CPUs™ (everything else will be throttled to hell for no reason, though)

bullshit it is GCC

Maybe for vector math, scalar handled just fine or even faster by gcc/vc++

It's not my prof. had done extensive tests on compilers and Intel had best results by far.(I am not OP btw.)
It was 3 years ago so something might changed though.

I would be interested to see the results. I'm sure for some things it is better but overall I think Clang or GCC would come out on top. Probably GCC.

It's shit. It can't even parse initializer lists and other modern constructs properly. It implements something quite different than C++.
And each time we got it to compile (with a million workarounds), the performance was not significantly better than gcc or clang.
Ditched it and never looked back.

Trust only benchmarks, not anecdotes like

see first post

As far as I am aware, the best C++ compiler is actually the .NET compilers. If anything is Microsoft's greatest achievement, I would vouch for the Performance of .NET applications. .NET is also very extensive and surprisingly cross compatible.

I happen to not like Windows or most of the microsoft suite.

Sometimes I have to use Visual Studio for college work, and I don't like using it. Microsoft Office Visio is the best program I am aware of for drawing ERD's / Database Schema's or UML diagrams. Other than that, Microsoft Excel is probably the best program Microsoft have made.

Your teacher is a dumb faggot.

actually wait, I forgot about MS Paint. I grew up with this. Have found memories of drawing Frosty the snowman for Daddy when I was a toddler. Win95 version is still the best. Wish it was available on MacOS and Linux

>falling for the GCC meme
Clang or btfo

You could have just googled for benchmarks and gotten your answer. I'll save you the trouble: GCC wins by a significant margin, Clang a far second, and Intel compiler dead last. Not surprising since the Intel compiler generates nearly double the instructions for some reason.

>compile

>proprietary

Luckily, Micro$oft and Apple keep saving cucks from the arcane arts of compiling, and thus only the ancient wizard programmists are the ones who compile with a blessing from Shintel.

>performance and reliability
it landed several lawsuits against Intel, so yeah, that's what you call reliable and performant.

>using big bloated compilers

tcc

That's why I dont use GCC.

Too bad there's no good .net languages. F# is okay, but it's no scala or haskell that's for sure

Source?

Heck, that's actually unexpected. I thought Shintel would at least manage to make their CPUs look presentable in common benchmarks.

>not using based Delphi compiler with inline assembler

colfaxresearch.com/compiler-comparison/

>no good .net languages
w-whats wrong with C#?

shoo shoo pascal shills

It's OK, but it lacks the features I'm interested in, mainly the FP features and effects. While you can implement monads etc in C# it's not pretty or fast. At least you guys are getting pattern matching