Why does everyone seems to hate webdevs

why does everyone seems to hate webdevs
pic kinda related

Attached: average JS dev.jpg (1200x1024, 110K)

It's in your head

jealousy
They can't cope with the realization that they got memed into wasting years of their life learning C/C++ while zoomers earn twice as much after completing a 2-week JS crash course.

this

>2-week JS crash course.
what kind of course would this even be
Asking as someone who only knows base html5/css3 type of stuff

low complexity job that nonetheless requires a ridiculous amount of memorization because web shit constantly changes

Bare C is nowadays only used in embedded stuff, which generally pays more than webdev.

This.

here is your open source bro

They give me hope that even I can get a job. After seeing all the retarded bullshit they do.

>Hired by client to make a new site.
>Migrates DNS and break email in the process

>Demand root privileges because their services require it.
>Completely hose the system. Sysadmins must restore from backups.

>Demand memory quotas are removed.
Server becomes unstable from running out of memory.

You never give root privilege to them, if you do then your sysadmin is dumb fuck. tell them to use docker compose and modify the Dockerfile in production.

or give them a virtual machine

or give them a fisher price laptop so they can pretend as if they're doing anything while keeping their retardation away

i fucking wish we could

This is why we need CoCs.

>what kind of course would this even be
A retarded one.

For basic webdev tasks you don't need to spend two weeks learning javascript, since most of your scripts are going to be one-shot one-liners, ie:
document.querySelectorAll(".button").forEach(e => {
e.addEventListener("click", () => { e.classList.toggle("on"); });
});

Simple js syntax and a rudimentary understanding of DOM will get you going.

On the flipside if you want to write complicated js programs (software/ apps/ games/ etc) you are going to need far more than a two-week course because that would cover general programming concepts.

I wouldn't say people "hate" web devs. Programmers (even the turbo-autists on Jow Forums) are some of the most lax people in existence.

If I had to highlight it though I'd say:
- They do surface-level work that doesn't really appreciate the discipline. Making the dropdown menu do a pretty animation when you click it is "programming" like using a bike pump makes you a mechanic

- Even in the context of making this pretty, they don't really get the science of it. "Graphic design" is a science, believe it or not. And they kind of tend to violate basic rules of visual hierarchy

- They redesign things twice a month depending entirely on what the cultural zeitgeist is at any minute

- The entire thing is based on the foundation of JavaScript, HTML and CSS. Things that are laughably archaic and in today's landscape require 12 layers of framework convolution Frankenstein'd together to turn it into something useful.
It's not their fault that all modern browsers refuse to adapt, but this is the result

- Pretentious faux-adult reddit politicising horseshit shoehorning social justice into every crevice of their field

I hate webdevs because they charge too fucking much

t. former webdev

I used to brand myself as a web developer but had to change my image when I realised the I was being lumped in with these kinds of people.

Because it's so easy that it's the only field brainlet SJWs can insert themselves into. No capable and reasonable man would come near it.

*starts twerking*

Probably because there's a perceived low barrier for entry and knowledge threshold. Plus when some people think of webdevs they probably are picturing front end devs playing with HTML (even though it's way more than that).

Also stack elitism/autism.

Attached: callem.png (1212x535, 646K)

Webdev cancer contributes nothing worthwhile to society. It's just new ways to datamine people and build up a userbase to do so and sell them ads.

>splitting hairs about which sitting in a chair and reading / typing your life away in order to complete a segment of someone else's vision job is harder
This must be the tippy-top of retardation.

>Writing embedded software for a fancy toaster
>Contributing to society

This guy gets it.

>making critical embedded components for airplanes/boats/cars
>shitting up the internet with tracking and malware
yep, same thing

That's so sadly true :/

>making critical embedded components for airplanes/boats/cars
Lol I bet that's what you're doing bud.

>t. söy js code artisan

because webdevs are responsible for the mess that is web 2.0
fuck you, die in a fire whoever makes these retarded 200MB RAM websites, fuck you

Don't you guys have RAM?

>I want you to make a competitive thing that are current without utilizing any of the advancements in hardware in the last 3 decades
ok

Your websites are less functional (for the user) than web 1.0 pages, webdev. 10MB of tracking JS is not useful.

>10MB of tracking JS is not useful.
To you.
Have you considered the possibility of a world existing outside of your head?

The majority of people disagrees with you.

>To you.
Yeah no shit. Like I said, not useful for the user.
Majority of webdevs*
Most people when asked straight up would prefer things be faster and not to be tracked.

Normies love dynamic sites and all that shiny bloat.
Yes if you could have the same at a smaller size shure they would love that, but they don't want web 1.0

>not useful for the user.
Once again, just a for second, imagine a world where you're not the only user and rectifying your conflation of function and speed is not the primary goal of every webdev on the planet. Just for one second, see how it feels.

>Have you considered the possibility of a world existing outside of your head?

Yes, but since I cannot see beyond my senses it's irrelevant.

Because they're the worst and their techs are the worst ever made too.
Literally nothing of quality exists simply because it's not possible. The tech burden is too heavy for anyone to do something efficient, easy and fast.
rust code transpiled to wasm MUST succeed and totally replace js.

Because web devs have no clue on how to actually program. They just cram a million different dependencies and frameworks into a project and call it a day.

That and the fact that javascript is a horrible fucking language.

hurr durr

> dynamic sites
Everyone loves those and they don't need to be bloated.
>all that shiny bloat.
Shiny bloat is one thing. Invisible bloat is another.

You are not telling me anything I don't know. Webdevs primary goal is pleasing their boomer masters. I'm just saying it's shit.

>walking forward in total darkness
>approaching a wall
>cannot see it
>wall is irrelevant
>continue walking
>hit wall with face
>upset at guy who built the way
>tell him his job is shit and he just slaps bricks together on an online message board
Is this the genius of being a programmer everyone says webdevs can't reach?

ITT:
>REAL programmers use punch cards. Everything else is for script kiddies.

>I'm just saying it's shit
I love it when people state the obvious and blame someone who has fuck all to do with the decision making process for creating a perceived shit environment.
Refer to my example below for clarification
You must be a titan of your industry with vision like this.

>Unironically defending botnet and data harvesting
Kill yourself

>web developers

Attached: 4L_0L7wI0vf.jpg (1300x650, 84K)

Did you get your DEFCON pass ready for next year, Mr.anti-establishment?

Eh, fair enough. I'm just here to complain about the state of the web.

Again, you are contributing to something that makes people’s lives worse. How does it feel to subtract value from the world?

Ya, it basically is retard.

confirmed for underage

>having an absolute definition of value
>wasting Omnipotence on Jow Forums
Talk about subtracting value from the world, sheesh.

Are you upset that making shitty blackbox components with boutique crypto processors to verify that people are buying OEM replacement parts is any less intrusive?

Hell the new in thing, IoT, is about connecting your precious embedded bullshit for some dubious SaaS business model.

epic post sir have my gold
edit: thanks for the gold!

>changing goalposts
sasuga underage-kun

That's what I thought.
Good fucking talk.

how do you edit posts???

You need a 4channel pass

I have a degree in Physics and know C/C++, but my career and hobbies are based in webdev because webdev projects seem to net a greater connection with other people.

Fight me.

>values connection with other people
>degree in physics
You need a hug, not a fight.

>Not doing your programming with a Turing machine made out of legos

Attached: c2f.png (667x670, 648K)

>caring this much about what others think

How is that changing goal posts? Embedded ducks have the same kinds of masters as webdev cunts. All they care about is hitting big growth metrics, year to year, every year. It just so happens that embedded cucks have more creative anti-competitive and consumer unfriendly ways of fucking consumers over.

because it takes more skill than just straight up programming. you need to be able to design, implement, test, and finalize websites that are just getting more complicated as the years go on. it's not just a matter of "oh, throw some html and css on the page hurrr" anymore.

>t. needs this

Attached: isodd.png (1189x758, 47K)

>weekly downloads
>1,425,671
what the actual fuck

Attached: 15024497971152.png (550x535, 198K)

>shows dependency that any actual dev wouldn't use
Yeah, because brainlet devs don't exist outside webdev.

Attached: furdervaterland.jpg (440x460, 22K)

The absolute state of web dev

It's probably a dependency in dependencies in dependencies used in millions of projects.
That's how NPM works.

I see it the other way around, web devs are seen as idiots with no experience, often pajeets, no job stability, and low pay

The reason this package exists is because JavaScript is shit; you have no guarantees that you’ll even be passed a number because there are essentially no types. This is why JavaScript becoming more and more necessary for the modern web is a terrible thing.

I'm pretty sure this is what the CoC mandates.
Unless... Are you saying we need project-mandated weeb shit

That picture never fails to make me laugh.

As has been said before, [optimizing speed and resources] is not about performance, it's about latency. I don't want to have to wait for pages to load or button clicks to register.

This. Shiny, nice websites absolutely can be written to be fast and small, but almost all web devs have no idea how anything works so they just glue everything together until it works with no optimization

This

Wow, this is actually the most ruthless shitposting I've seen in a while

If you're using is-odd to check for if what you're getting is a number I have a tip.
Even numbers are also numbers.

Did you know that the npm package is-even depends on is-odd?

function is_odd(n) {
if (isNaN(n))
return Number.NaN;

return !!(n&1) && (n|0) === n;
}

wow that was difficult

>no actual dev
>1.3mil weekly downloads
go back to wordpress mr "actual dev"

>using bitwise operators in js.
What are you trying to prove?

>is_odd isn't even guaranteed to return a boolean
well memed retard

Why wouldn't you?

It's how the Math library works in JS, so that's what I usually do as well.

>snake case
>depending on a global function
>returns a bool or NaN
>only checks in the int32 range
>when numbers in JS are doubles
function isOdd(num) {
var mask;
try { mask = 1n; }
catch (ignored) {}
switch (typeof num) {
case "number":
if (num !== num) return false;
return num % 2 === 1;
case "bigint":
return (num & mask) !== mask;
default:
return false;
}
}

Same reason you wouldn’t write it in assembly.

It’s more complex, and has no real world benefit.

> Debugging code written with bitwise operators in js, just so someone could prove that they know how to use them.

Time waster.

>typeof returns string
What the fuck is going on in this language?

>>snake case
Force of habit.

>depending on a global function
>returns a bool or NaN
As I said, I took the standard Math library as a reference for how things should behave. You will find that most of its functions return NaN if you provide non-Number arguments.

>>only checks in the int32 range
See the first comment in the chain. It clearly states it only works up to MAXIMUM_SAFE_INTEGER (though the actual name is MAX_SAFE_INTEGER), which means that bitwise operations work just fine.

Are you actually unironically comparing bitwise operations to assembly? It's something that every programmer should have at least a basic grasp of.

The least significant bit being a 1 for all odd numbers is neat feature of base-2 you'd be a fool not to take advantage of.

The OR operation might be slightly more obscure, but all it really does is cast to int so we can check whether or not it's an integer. Which, by the way, actually is _significantly_ faster than both parseInt() and Number.isInteger().

What is your image now?

>Jow Forums
But we're on 4channel

I'd be the best web dev because my gui would show exactly what you need only. And present options without obfescating them behind 2 menus 4 drop downs

What's with obfuscating simple options now adays behind layers of garbage

holy fuck I bet someone just killed themselves after reading this