What brightness and contrast settings are you guys using on your monitors? Currently 40-40

what brightness and contrast settings are you guys using on your monitors? Currently 40-40.

50 looks better but it wears my eyes out so fast.

Attached: monitor-brightness-filter-adjust.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

100-100 pleb

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

but seriously though? I am genuinely curious believe it or not, that's why I made the thread.

I have this stunning monitor and sometimes it feels like a shame not to pump the contrast to 50 cause it makes everything look more vibrant.

50 brightness
0 contrast

any contrast would destroy my eyes and rape gradients. zero was the only option

144hz 1080p 27" tn panel btw.

wouldn't zero contrast also rape gradients?

>not calibrating your monitor properly with a device
Never understood why people spend all that money on monitors, TVs, and graphics cards, but never properly calibrate it for the best image quality.

Best image quality isn't always what is optimal though, at least not in terms of brightness and contrast, because you can't stare at the most vibrant and best looking option for 10 hours a day because you will burn your eyes off.

Some sacrifice has to be made unless you have iron eyes or something.

120 cd/m2 is pretty fucking standard for monitors and tvs. I have all my shit calibrated to that and looks great.

nope. the contrast boost isn't linear so reducing it preserves some details while I get crushed black & whites with it set to something like 50

60/70

another great example is the url field in google chrome. with contrast set to 50 it would almost blend in with the other part of the tab bar

-8 (yes i set it to 0 but it still wasn't enough)

64/64
Bit bright at night but I can't see it properly in daylight on settings any lower (my pc is next to a window)

Attached: MillaisJE_Mariana.jpg (2260x2771, 2.37M)

How much do you guys stare at your screens? I seriously cannot do 50/50, I've tried but it is too bright.

50-70. It's an older display and I don't like high brightness anyway so the brightness is alright, but I had to fake up the contrast a little because it's only 1000:1 technically.

Not 24/7; I do stints of office work, shitpost and watch movies mostly

Attached: pepecomputer.jpg (234x250, 20K)

100/50
its really sunny

Do I just have a really bright display? I would fucking die if I used 80 or anything close to it.

50 / 50 is fucking bright, anything beyond that is excessive. My old monitor I could do 80 / 80 but this one is way too bright for this.

my monitor has 350 cd/m2
what % should I have the brightness on to reach this ideal 120 cd/m2?

you need a colorimeter to measure your displays brightness. what it says on the box dosen't mean shit

basically 50 / 50 is way too fucking bright for me.

I'm trying 40 / 45 right now (40 brightness, 45 contrast) and it is better but it still might strain a little much in the end. I want it to look good but I also want my eyes to be comfortable.

60-50
scratched the shit out of my monitor with a fountain pen so pissed at it either way

Monitor brightness is at 10 as it is the setting that produces the best white temperature and works the most for color accuracy