Why are we focusing on planets?

Unironically, asteroid mining and meteorite defense are the most relevant space projects based on potential gain. Imagine spending your budget trying to colonize the moon and Mars when the estimated $700 quintillion in resources and mineral wealth contained within the asteroid belt would enable a quantum leap in overall productivity.

Attached: AsteroidVX1.jpg (590x462, 29K)

Jews

There's so much diamonds and gold and metal and shit on meteorites that the whole of earth's economy would be destroyed by the sudden abundance of these "rare" resources

truth. wouldn't establishing solar farms on Venus be the first step so we can then go to Mars to set up base before mining the asteroid belt?

Jews would love $700 quintillion shekels, so that's definitely not the case.

We don't have to mine the entire belt's worth all at once.

...oh yeah...send up probes first to do that shit...nevermind

I'm so glad fucking Jow Forums sorted this all out. Thanks, frens.

Im pretty sure theres no diamonds
You need high pressure for diamonds to be made

>You need high pressure for diamonds to be made
Space is a vacuum. Doesn't that mean it's high pressure?

...no
it means the litteral opposite

Thats not how it works

Oh, okay. I honestly didn't know, hence why I was asking.

I think I remember reading Einstein said that being in space would feel like continuously being in a free fall. That would make sense then.

We are not mining asteroids because they are further away than the planets and they are harder to land on. We are not currently trying to profit from space exploration. We are gathering data to see if our current theories are correct. It would be extremely costly to get the materials from the asteroid and back to earth.

Attached: (111).jpg (750x1000, 283K)

Also the density of asteroids in the asteroid belt is very low contrary to popular belief

>Astronomers estimate that the average distance between two asteroids in the asteroid belt isabout 600,000 miles(966,000 km). This isabout 2.5 timesthe distance between the Earth and the Moon.

>establishing solar farms on Ven
Venus is literally full of clouds though. It's also high pressure and high temperature

Whats the point of solar farms on venus if we will have fusion before we would be able to achieve that anyway?

>Whats the point of solar farms on venus if we will have fusion before we would be able to achieve that anyway?
We might not it's hard to predict the future. We could just put solar farms on Earth if we needed energy anyways. (Although with global warming Earth might become Venus anyways)

With current technology it takes an assload of time to get to mars, even the moon. It would be more economic to get mining operations on the moon first, plus you get the added bonus of helium 3 for fusion energy. Colonies on the moon could actually start today, we have the technology to support a colony at that relatively short range.

Well because is easier to get on a estatic rock than a moving rock that might just have rock on it

Attached: que me dijiste.jpg (700x762, 114K)

I doubt we wont have fusion before 2nd half of 22th century
Alot of people say we will have it within next 50 years but im not so optimistic about that