So I currently have pic related, if I wanted to upgrade to a real laptop, what would you suggest?

So I currently have pic related, if I wanted to upgrade to a real laptop, what would you suggest?

Size preference: 11", need it to be portable, mainly use it at work for fucking around instead of working
Budget: As little as possible
Needs longish battery life
No Chinkpads

Attached: AcerChromebook.jpg (1229x929, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_9_7_(2018)-9142.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your phone

Just install some kind of linux on it the hardware is fine the software is the problem.

Check dell's outlet if you live in britland.

Just buy a windows 10 cd key for like 5 bucks and just install that.

I already have Linux on it, the problem is the hardware is so anaemic it can barely run Linux. It's got a Celeron N2840 and 2GB of RAM.

Chrome OS is linux, you can run Linux programs on it

Thinkpad X230.

It has a 16GB eMMC, Windows is not happening on this device.
Unfortunately not a Britbong, I'm a Leaf.

>buy a windows 10 cd key

Attached: 1538815766013.png (225x225, 10K)

>telling somebody who isn't a business to pay for Windows

Attached: 1480135615278.jpg (1080x1920, 216K)

sounds like you need less bloat 2gb is plenty

Check eBay for grade A refurb laptops, they're usually fine save a few very minor scuffs and are generally a lot cheaper than buying brand new

Developing in .net stack is far easier on Windows, though with Advent of net core it's okay to use loonix as well.
Inb4 omegalul sharptoddlers - unity, typescript and .net are huge, and Ms stack is widely used in fintech.

You're not going to get better specs with an 11 inch screen.
I'd recommend a Surface Go for basic stuff and an actual desktop for real work.

Simply streaming music immediately consumes 40% CPU, and the mere act of having more than 4 tabs open in a browser slows the entire system down to a crawl.

iPad 6th gen with a keyboard.
gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_9_7_(2018)-9142.php

So does anybody have any non-troll answers?

Any laptop with a modern ryzen cpu shall do for work/school.

Has a decent igpu. so can play some light games without hassle; maplestory, runescape; games that school students can play while studying.

I mainly use this laptop to post pictures of cartoon frogs on a Japanese inspired imageboard. I ain't using this for "work" or "school".

Buy a Thinkpad.

any particular model you have in mind? I'm open to Thinkpads, but I don't actually know very much about them.

Listen to less bloated music like chip-tune midis, and you shouldn't have more than one tab open at a time. People are much worse at multitasking than they imagine

I've got a 14" Dell E6400. Cheap as shit and nearly indestructible. Nice keyboard too.

Attached: wifematerial.jpg (684x565, 56K)

>any particular model you have in mind? I'm open to Thinkpads, but I don't actually know very much about them.
Depends on your needs.
X230/T430 are good for most people.
My main one is a W530, but it's kinda big for most people.

Visit /tpg/ sometimes.

After looking at the X230, it looks like it'd be perfect for my needs, and used ones are relatively cheap on Amazon. Thanks user