Is it better to buy a Mac Mini or iMac for a home office setup...

Is it better to buy a Mac Mini or iMac for a home office setup? I prefer Mac OS as it’s a fully POSIX compliant Unix system, so please don’t suggest pajeet shit like Windows 10.

Attached: 5BCFB763-CD2E-4876-8F68-B6FF219C996F.png (936x480, 145K)

>cuckslab

Unix is dead. Linux is the new unix.

linux was always unix you brown nigger

>mac
>posix compliant
mac even changed their /home to /Users

Attached: SHHHHCLUNK.png (450x450, 48K)

POSIX is a group of standards that determine a portable API for Unix-like operating systems. Mac OSX is Unix-based (and has been certified as such), and in accordance with this is POSIX compliant. POSIX guarantees that certain system calls will be available.

Essentially, Mac satisfies the API required to be POSIX compliant, which makes it a POSIX OS.

All versions of Linux are not POSIX-compliant. Kernel versions prior to 2.6 were not compliant, and today Linux isn't officially POSIX-compliant because they haven't gone out of their way to get certified (which will likely never happen). Regardless, Linux can be treated as a POSIX system for almost all intents and purposes.

>reddit spacing
go back

Attached: SHHhhHHCLUNK.png (450x450, 51K)

Just build a hackintosh

used my damn cuck stamp too early

Why not both?

now that is a shatpole approved solution

GENIUS, above the BAR you could say.

Attached: NasasBrightest.webm (1280x720, 934K)

do you have redpill stamp?

Attached: SHHhHHHhHHCLUNK.png (450x450, 61K)

All but one release of Mac OS X (now macOS) has been certified as Unix by The Open Group, starting with 10.5:

10.14 (Mojave)
10.13 (High Sierra)
10.12 (Sierra)
10.11 (El Capitan)
10.10 (Yosemite)
10.9 (Mavericks)
10.8 (Mountain Lion)
10.6 (Snow Leopard)
10.5 (Leopard)
At any given time, Apple's page on The Open Group site only lists the current version of macOS and sometimes the previous version, but all of the links above were at one point found via that page.

OS X's status as a certified Unix is called out in Apple's Unix technology brief, which also has other good technical bits in it that will help you compare it to other UNIX® and Unix-like systems

Late 2012 was peak Mac Mini
>Easy to dismantle
>Swappable RAM
>Up to 16GB RAM
>2x2.5" drives
>Reasonably powerful
>Practically silent with an SSD
>Cheap for a Mac
>Ultra portable
>4xUSB ports instead of Macshit ports
I'm using one as my desktop, it's a lovely silent machine, but shit for gaming if you're into that. Also runs Mojave straight from the app store

Attached: macfapple.png (470x495, 21K)

as always Jow Forums shows the swarm of pajeets and uni rejects with no useful information ever

I would go with the mac mini if you already have a nice screen (e.g. 21:9 ones are awesome for development), otherwise imac (used both for professional development in the past, now on a MBP + 21:9 34'' config)

well since I'm the only fag in this thread who doesn't mind apple I'll actually give you an answer
get a 2016 or 2017 iMac used in good condition, they have much better CPUs and cooling and you get the 4K retina display for the same price if not cheaper, the Mac mini is an underpowered little shitbox that'll overheat and crash like the fucking Hindenburg every 30 minutes

>apple store sales ass. tier information
>useful

do you not care that youre using a glued together overpriced hot piece of blinged up trash?

Attached: thinker.png (1500x1500, 122K)

Mac mini is perfectly adequate. I have several. They are small and quiet. Just get a decent monitor, which will be much cheaper if you don't buy one from Apple.

Ignore all the inevitable Mac haters in this thread.

Not that user, but older Mac hardware isn't bad. It was around 2014 they started welding all their hardware into unrepairable slabs of aluminum

Attached: 1543942347370.jpg (800x600, 156K)

It’s worth it for the user experience and support network you get from apple products.

Build some mini ITX cheap build with onboard graphics and put hackintosh in there, it'll run better for much less.

If I’m going to run Mac OS I’ll do it on a Mac.

Enjoy your inferior overheating piece of shit then

no I personally use a hackintosh as a dedicated productivity machine because I want to be able to repair it myself when something inevitably goes wrong with it and not have to rely on the retard bar to put a screwdriver through the logic board and shrug their shoulders at me as they hand it back to me with a warranty void sticker discreetly tucked under it, but I understand that there is a market of people who want the simplest experience possible and by the laws of capitalism there will always be a product to cater to that market

Buy the iMac in that case...
The only thing that apple does really well is their screens...
The mac mini is a laptop minus all the useful parts and my experience is that the motherboard is really crappy on the minis
So the Ram CPU and SSD is working at 15% but the system still lags and takes forever to load stuff.
(The same problem came up in the first run of the dongle-MBP 2016)

Why is the Posix part important to you?
I always find it funny that 9/10 people who brings this up dosent really care about unix or posix.
"Its Unix/POSIX certified!"
"But it doesnt even have a packet manager and the X-window compatibility is really crap!"
"Well i cant use Linux because i only use my computer for the Adobe Suite!"

Get the iMac and pay as much for it as you can , consider the pro one!
Since 9/10 problems with newer Apple products is that they are obsessed with making everything small
consequences be damned, so unless you get the best in the line your machine WILL underperforme.
So unless you are part of the main audience for apple computers: Stay at home moms and bloggers, you will have problems with the lighter versions of their computers.

And last thought you should consider something like Buddhism or Christianity instead of Apple to fill that void.

Good luck user.

hackintosh = systems for people with much time and no money, so basically 99% of Jow Forums

if you work however, get the proper one OP

It runs just as good on non-standard hardware and you can update it so it stays relevant. Considering how long it took for them to update the minis I'd be cautious on buying one that isn't specced the fuck out.

>with much time and no money
It only takes long to set up if you're a brainlet. It's more about control than money honestly.

why would you ever need more than the new mac mini specs for a home office? unless you

a) game on mac (lol)
b) work with graphics / rendering

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Attached: mac_mini_vs_hades_nuc.png (1625x1568, 915K)

yikes, id be embarrassed having that damn manbaby crib toy on the right in my house.

id have to put elec tape on it or something, i sometimes think manchildren want to be gross.

Attached: oknotok.png (1974x1214, 2.38M)

It takes much time if you're not capable of copying and pasting files. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't know how to open a terminal, to be honest.

>computers are furniture, children

A second hand Mac Mini is gonna cost you less than a decently specced Mini ITX PC, be much more portable, and is guaranteed to run MacOS without hassle.

Attached: batemanthinking.jpg (940x529, 104K)

see specs, also you can turn off ALL rgb lightning

Why would you need a Posix compliant machine for home office?
If the demand really was home office then a Windows based computer would be the only logical system!

And the problem with using older Macs is that you will get pushed out of the supported raster and the "It just werks" no longer apply and i believe that the 2012 models are next and i would guess that they will include the 2013 models there as well.

So if you want the Apple system but cant pay the premium for it. well then your in the wrong market.
Mac ages like milk, not wine.

i myself wouldnt mind, im just saying that glowing neon skull would turn a pussgina into the great sahara desert and quite literally crumble and blow away in front of me.

lol wtf are you a paid salesman for extremeskullz INC or something? lmao

macOS with updated coreutils is pretty comfy desu

"i dont want to have that led on"
"Well you can turn it of..."
"Are you sooommmeee kind of SHILLL?!?!?!?! XDXDXDXD"

Whats wrong with you user?

Attached: 1540178219043.jpg (400x800, 246K)

Hackintoshs are fine until an update fucks your system. Which will happen frequently.

uh, nothin, you just got really technical there about it was all..

>can't even maintain 3.2 GHz base frequency
>constantly hitting 100C
of course

Attached: shiiieeeet.jpg (884x1591, 180K)

Precisely appropriate to turn women away from your boyfriend. Those rimjobs ain't for him to run away.

>why do you want your machine to be posix complient

Leave

why does it look so gay?

Attached: Macron_Geared_Up.png (860x484, 580K)

turning your lights off is too technical?
Are you a mac user or is this bait?
Perhaps both?

Attached: bait.jpg (474x476, 18K)

They are both very similar. If you get the mac mini, you will have to get the lg ultrafine display, as that is basically the only screen with the right resolution. If you get the imac, you need to make sure the default height isn't too high for you ergonomically as it cannot be adjusted any lower. You will also have to get an ssd as the default configuration is usually a hybrid drive.

Not him but the mac mini really has nothing redeeming about it. You're gonna have to bootcamp windows 10 enterprise to get any use out of it anyway so why not just buy a barebones SFF PC with better specs like that nuc?

good one, i shall tell boss skullz and get you raise sir :)

same of course

(awful lotta nervous samefagging for someone whos ~not~ a salesman!! xd)

Also, go to Apple and compare the quality of the lg ultrafine to the built in imac screen, just to make sure they are the same.

>are you a Mac user

Are you implying UNIX users are stupid winbaby?

Attached: 3791D5E7-3D30-445D-8F4D-7F21C74E8877.jpg (619x442, 49K)

I want to buy 5 mac minis and stack them ontop of each other at some point in my life.

will have to reach a point I will actually use that processing power thou. hope I pull my life together and do some thing useful.

I didnt say that!
I said that Mac people REALLY DONT CARE about Posix. its only brought up to sell the Apple OS.
If Linux was the Posix compliant os in this debate then the Mac people wouldnt even know what Posix is!
No MacOS user would migrate to say BSD if the next version of MacOS would not qualify for the Posix or Unix certification. Its just a bragging right. in general: NO APPLE USER ACTUALLY CARES!

They'll throttle heavily, see
You're better off building a mini-itx am4 desktop pc, slapping on a 16-core processor and running it at base frequencies.

Attached: huge.png (1119x719, 633K)

Trying to defend Unix with a Non Unix user whos creating a OS thats not Unix certified, not Posix compliant.
What do you want to say user?

>Open source UNIX foundation

POSIX-compliant, Open Brand UNIX 03 Registered Product
Open source kernel based on FreeBSD and Mach 3.0
64-bit OS using LP64 data model
Support for multiple CPU and GPU cores via Grand Central Dispatch and OpenCL
Hand-tuned, standards-compliant scalar and vector math libraries
Standards-based networking

Complete IP-based architecture supporting IPv4, IPv6, and L2TP/IPSec VPN
Rich zero-configuration discovery and naming via Bonjour and Dynamic DNS
Interoperable file serving via NFS, AFP, SMB/CIFS, and FTP
Powerful Apache web services
Open Directory services built on LDAP and Kerberos for single sign-on
Comprehensive UNIX user environment

Standards-based graphics built on PDF (Quartz), OpenGL, and H.264 (QuickTime)
Full-screen terminal with xterm-256color support
Familiar UNIX/Linux utilities (such as emacs, vim, and bash)
Free Xcode developer tools based on Clang/LLVM

Why does it have a proprietary power cable? At least the Mac Mini uses a standard.

He’s clearly using a Mac winbaby

>Ryzen 3600
>3.6GHz base clock
why tho

see
Even with a gruesome 100% cpu load on all cores it's able to maintain 3.9GHz TURBO frequency on all cores which is 800MHz above the base. To top if off temps aren't even reaching 85C which is insane for something smaller than a mac mini.

Partly this is due to better cooling but the nuc has a dedicated power brick capable of feeding up to 230 watt peaks of power. The mac mini has an internal PSU that probably suffers from overheating as well

Attached: stresscpu.png (1920x1200, 328K)

I am an apple user simply because it’s posix compliant and reminds me of BSD.

Maximize 7nm silicon efficiency. Remember these clocks are higher compared to coffee lake when you account for at least the 10% projected IPC uplift. More like 4ghz on coffeelake.

It still looks gay and doesn’t run Mac OS, which was something OP stipulated he wanted. Stop shilling your manbaby toy.

see

Because it looks gay. Also the Mac mini has had really good reviews.

Well youre the exception that proves the rule.

Then why don't you simply run BSD? Its made by nice people who don't ass-fuck you at every step of the software lifecycle.

Systemd distros are not POSIX compliant, no need to even pay tje certification tax, yet redhat/poettering claims that posix gets in the way of the PC.
While Apple, is fully UNIX compliant. This just makes redhat projects like GNOME a joke.
Apple did not use Usuablity/UX/justwerks before engineering quality. Redhat is just full of excuses to spread its cancer unauditable software futher. With its NSA holes.

It’s no where near as polished and I like the build quality on apple hardware.

Here we go!

Attached: MacBingo.png (1024x768, 110K)

>comparing redhat, an enterprise systems software company to Apple, a consumer tech company
>GNOME is a redhat project
>implying Apple wouldnt rat you to the NSA at the drop of a subpoena.
>Still insisting POSIX compliance is worth anything on a desktop OS made by people who ditched their server software rendering its unix properties mostly moot.
8/8 bait.

Mac OS is a polished unix experience. Deal with it Pajeet.

see

Gnome is a red hat project.

Apple took the FBI to court to protect a literal terrorists right to privacy.

>posix compliance isn’t important

Leave Pajeet.

You know what really shits me is Apple just hoped everyone would adopt "retina", but literally fucking nobody has so if you buy the mac mini, you have one single monitor that you can get - the one they sell in the store from lg.

No it isn't and you know it. Apple has essentially abandoned mac os and let $1/hour pajeets tale the wheel.

Attached: drop_down_menu_0.gif (600x338, 2.18M)

Two points more in the bingo!
Thanks user!
And btw im a blonde blue eyed white christian male thank you very much!

I doubt ‘home office’ would have it at 100% load. The Mac mini would be perfect for what OP needs.

>sorry, your faulty screen coating isn't covered by the warranty. Despite the fact that tens of thousands have reported this, we view it as an individual problem.

It really is a very nice fully posix compliant unix environment. I don’t know why that upsets you Pajeet.

No it wouldn't because there's no dedicated GPU so HW accel even for office stuff would be abysmally slow. God forbid he want use any photo/video editing software.

That must suck. Never had anything like that happen when I’ve needed to talk to apples repair department.

Prove to my what you use from POSIX.
>protip: you cant.

lol you dont need a dedicated GPU for any of that shit.

If by that you mean filled to the brim with software vulnerabilities and glitches making it unsafer to use than a dollar store bike lock then yes, yes it is.

Attached: Kevin_Backhouse_Video_of_my_PoC_for_CVE20184407._It_crashes_any_macOS_High_Sierra_or_iOS_11_device_t (1080x606, 598K)

Modern intel integrated graphics are more than enough for home office or photo editing.

No I mean it really is a very nice fully posix compliant unix environment. I don’t know why that upsets you Pajeet

>Apple cuts your GPU rendering power
>Apple fills your OS with GPU wasting Gaussian blur
kek

Calm down iPajeet, go get someone who speaks english.

Yes you do because intel "hd" graphics has 10% FP32 of a dedicated graphics card which is used for HW accel. Prove me wrong.

I'm sure it hasn't, since you just walk over from sales down the loop and talk to your buddy in the department, shill.

If you're editing 2MP photos, sure.

Sure is, has all the history of being a broken unsafe trash heap.

Attached: derp.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Lol that doctored video is some Hollywood hacker shit

Prove you wrong? Fucking office applications don't need a dedicated GPU you stupid fuck.

Not coment owner.
Apple as a company is whats upsets me.

The CVE is included in the tittle. Go check it out yourself.