Confirmed: neXtbox and PS 5 will be both using "Zen 2 + Navi" APUs inside, solid 60 FPS at 4K HDR

wccftech.com/xbox-scarlett-4k-60fps

The Scotland highlander madman was absolutely right about everything once again:
youtube.com/watch?v=qgvVXGWJSiE

Attached: AdoredTV.jpg (500x500, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X-vs-Intel-Core-i9-9900K/3958vs4028
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Sony-LLVM-Ryzen-Improvements
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>wccftech
Go back to 9gag faggot.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, DELID 'DIS RIGHT NAO Jow ForumsOY!!!11
Like a clock.

Keep your toys on your own board.

>He's actually THIS buttmad
Kek

Attached: RmaTurdKuso.png (885x471, 3.18M)

>a'rite guis how ess goin'
Close tab immediately

U seem MA

About what? I don't give a shit about your x86 brand wars or whatever the fuck.

>S E E T H I N G

Underage video game babies go back to /v/.

Attached: 1542380403591.jpg (192x246, 10K)

SEETHING

literally every console last decade (except the switch) has AMD hardware on it, that's no news. What IS news tho is seeing microshit and snoy NOT taking rushed decisions for once, and actually waiting for a big hw perfomance leap before figuring out their prototypes. The OG PS4 and xmeme one were the exact opposite and therefore literal housefires.

>another youtube eceleb thread
fucking retarded niggers

>Resolution and framerate is determined by hardware

Not true!

>he clicked the video instead of the website link
hi zoom zoom

Confirmed..
As if consoles makes would have chosen intel and Nvidia... Remind us how well it went the last time

>Zen2

Jesus christ. That's an 67% IPC uplift over the Jaguar cores currently present in the Xbox One/X and PS4/Pro consoles.

Assuming a base clock of say ~3GHz to maximize power, you'd be looking at something like an 75-80% performance uplift over last gen from CPU to CPU. Also, because Navi is still a continuation of the GCN uArch (as rumor has it), it would mean that Xbox One/X titles & PS4/Pro titles would be able to run on their successor platforms with very little port efforts.

But this also means that publishers can RERELEASE last-gen titles on the new-gen at 4K60 native by simply releasing the PC version of the title with minor tweaks for console spec for a full $60 price tag.

Every game in the current-gen that suffers from majory CPU bottlenecks will basically see that disappear COMPLETELY.

>Remind us how well it went the last time
Switch.

>According to a video reportfrom renown Microsoft insider Brad Sams (Executive Editor ofThurrott.com), the Xbox Scarlett console, which will release in 2020, will be using Zen 2 and AMD’s next-generationGPU technology. The aim would beto have games running at 4K resolution and 60 frames per second. This would alignwith earlier rumors on the PlayStation 5 hardware, which pointed to an eight-core Zen CPU and a Navi-based GPU. Once again, both next-gen consoles by Sony and Microsoft could be powered by AMD technology.

>67% uplift
Jaguar is FX, mang. And jump from FX to gen1 Zen was already 54%. Zen+ is a 12% jump from gen1 Zen. Zen 2 is a 34% jump from Zen+. Now add all of that up.

Jaguar was its own uArch, but it was based off of Bulldozer.

Zen1 was a 52% IPC uplift over Piledriver. Zen+ was an additional 3%, and Zen2 I'm running with a 12% uplift (conservative, 15-18% would be amazing admittedly) because its a complete redesign instead of just a node shrink + clock up.

I'm talking strictly about IPC here, not total CPU performance; but I'll get to that in a second. Adding up all of the above, we get a 67% IPC uplift. So if you took a 3GHz Bulldozer or Jaguar CPU, and benchmarked it against a 3GHz Zen2 core (8c/8t configuration for fair comparison), Zen2 would perform minimally 67% better at equal clocks.

However, 2.3GHz seems to be limit of what Jaguar's uArch was capable off even when it was die shrunk from 28nm down to 16nm. So inherently, there's a 700MHz per core performance gap. Additionally, we know Zen's voltage sweet spot is at exactly 3.0GHz and 3.3GHz (on a low power process). Zen2's 7nm will be on a Leading Performance Process, but that's not to say that as a result, it can't do very good with power and thermals at lower clocks too.

3.3GHz would be a really good starting point and excellent for power/perf/watt. Though I imagine that Microsoft & Sony both will likely aim for 3.5GHz baseline. It's a nice even cutoff. Assuming a 3.3 baseline though, the 1GHz clock difference AND a 67% minimal IPC uplift over Jaguar, would would get you to 125-130% superior performance to Jaguar cores which were in Xbox One/X & PS4/Pro.

WHICH, is what will make 4K60 on consoles a reality. IT ALSO APPEARS THAT THIS TIME AROUND, both Microsoft & Sony are putting their fucking foot down (finally imho), & mandating games MUST run at 4K60 min.

That way, one of the oldest and dumbest fucking memes in internet history "24 fps filmic/cinematic experience" will die. With good reason no less, high framerate matters. The reason WHY is due to HDR, @ 60fps it's absolutely breathtaking--there's NOTHING quite like it, & if games did that; oh man.

>Jaguar was its own uArch
It's literally re-badge of Bobcat, mang.

>Zen1 was a 52% IPC uplift over Piledriver

>Zen+ was an additional 3%

>Zen 2 I'm running with a 12%
Cray already confirmed at least 26 via engineering samples, foreseeing 34 in final product.

>34%

Attached: sam.jpg (1280x720, 34K)

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF what you say is true about IPC uplifts with Zen2, like dead fucking serious and not trolling me right now.

The $129.99 3300X 6c/12t Zen2 will basically be able to compete with the 9900K. The 229.99 3600X will BTFO it, the 329.99 3700X will basically be a colony drop, and everything there after will be devastation so great, I have no words for it.

Did you even watch/listen to presentations at Next HoriZen?

I did, but I didn't walk away with a 26% IPC uplift over Zen+, I saw that it was a 25% expected performance uplift over Zen+. Performance uplift is IPC AND clock speeds. My understanding was that the IPC uplift was closer to 15%. Which is significant, but nothing mind blowing like 26-34% expected.

>IF IF IF IF IF IF IF
Always ALWAYS remember that AMD's R&D themselves awaited roughly only 36% from FX to gen1 Zen. Yet, it turned out to be SO GOOD that it exceeded everyone's even most optimistic expectations by a magnitude of almost x2 factor. Same is currently going on with Zen 2 in comparison with gen1 and Zen+ - AMD sandbags massively with estimations of 14~22%, while Cray ALREADY stated they had 26% with their ENGINEERING samples. Now just sit and wait for the final atomic bomb to drop. Do I seriously have to remind you all AGAIN that TSMC's 7nm Zen 2 yields are ALREADY 89~90% of PERFECT bins (the rest goes to PS 5 and other consoles). In comparison, Inturd's current 14++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ housefire i9 yields are, like, I'm not even trolling or joking any, somewhere in a 35~40% field.

Oh, I guess we misunderstood each other, then. I was clearly referring purely only to OVERALL performance, the PPC (Performance Per Core) NOT "just IPC", so I don't know why the hell you got an idea I was talking about IPC for all this time. I wasn't. I was referring to Zen's performance as a wholesome product in comparison to others, not at a mere IPC increase level. Gen1 Zen has 54% performance increase over best FX, Zen+ has 12% PPC increase over Gen1, Zen 2's PPC will be 26% at the worst case and 36% or even more (maybe even 40%) in comparison to Zen+.

Someone, please shop this into three big ones against the Inturd cat, tank you.

Attached: 18d9d1f83ff78fe07b502b6c2146199fbdb69d8b74bb0dc4e415b956239ef701.png (620x573, 385K)

You need to go up 2 levels desu. If the PPC gains hit 34% as this user: states, the Core i9 9900K won't compete with the R7, not even the R5, but the R3 6c/12t chips.

The R5s will outperform the 9900K by anywhere from 10-15%, and the R7s will outperform the 9900K by 15-20%, and the TR chips will increase that gap probably by as much as 30-40%.

Can you please fucking learn English.

Oh, I'm sorry for using a comma instead of a semi-colon you grammar nazi.

Attached: dumpster-fire.jpg (4699x3133, 2.64M)

butthurt faggot. Games are technology too

>the Core i9 9900K won't compete with the R7, not even the R5, but the R3 6c/12t chips
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X-vs-Intel-Core-i9-9900K/3958vs4028 Housefire9 already barely holds 20% over 2700X and only due to "MUH NIGGERHURTZ on industrial chiller". It won't compete even if PPC increase be in single digits...which isn't happening with Zen 2 even in the most worst case scenario, as most worst case was already outlined by 1.8GHz clocked engineering samples of EPBYNC 2 that were shown recently. And we already know, according to Cray, that EPBYNC 2 can do AND hold stable 2.35GHz on ALL 64 CORES and 128 THREADS *****WHILE ON AIR*****. Extrapolate that in reversal manner to 16 and 8 cores down from 64 while upping maximum all-core capable stable clocks...oh yeah, babeh.

Attached: d760cfe5fd8e6ee02ee845132c9797624ecd6dae385aedf563ecd1f610b48918.gif (435x284, 2.07M)

Aaand they're useless because pcs offer better performance at a lower cost.
Funny how a few years back console owners were all like "Graphics don't matter! We have better games than you!" and today all they are talking about is "4k 60fps".

> what is the ps3?
dumb as fuck m8.

>they're useless
Not when you want to play a 100% exclusive. And don't you even dare to start with the "PC can emulate". That shit won't fly for decades with PS 4, PS 5, and etc.

> very little port efforts
it will be a lot of effort as game engines
are designed around a certain video architecture.
> Every game in the current-gen that suffers from majory CPU bottlenecks will basically see that disappear COMPLETELY.
nobody believes that for a moment. the only way this could be done is if games were rebuilt from scratch. knowing the jews at sony as well as i do, they'll do nothing except make an emulator. the bottlenecks will probably still exist.
> comparing frame rates with cinema
> thinks a standard stretching back a century is an 'internet meme'
you're nothing but a ranting fucking lunatic that has NO FUCKING IDEA what they're talking about. every post of yours is a fucking dumpster fire of misinformation and AMD shilling. it's absolutely hilarious and embarrassing to read.

>Aaand they're useless because pcs offer better performance at a lower cost.

This isn't really that true anymore. PCs are no longer looking drastically ahead of their console counterparts like they used to 10 years ago, the gap is still there but much closer to the point where there isn't really even build you can put together that can beat consoles at their current price point (when they are launched, not right now).

PS5 is using Zen+, not Zen2.
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Sony-LLVM-Ryzen-Improvements

>May 2018
Things changed drastically since then, imbecile.

Things get locked down years before release.

the fuck is the point of an xbux anymore now that all their exclusives are also on PC? what the fuck is even the point of consoles now that they all have PC components?

You are a retard.

Jaguar is Bobcat my senpai

Compiler flag is for like zen arch, means better for next Zen processors

Bobcat is FX. Jaguar is just a re-badge of Bobcat with sliiiiiiiiiiiiiight factory OC.

Bobcat isn't FX, you're absolutely retarded if you believe that
The entire architecture is radically different, from not having any of the shared front end clusterfuck to being much more balanced all around
The differences in IPC and power consumption should make it obvious to any brainlet

If a Console is just a bunch of commodity PC hardware, what's the point of it?

>Bobcat isn't FX
Holy shit you're a total fucking lamer.

Exclusives, easy plug-&-play, TV adherence.

kys dumb zoomer

Attached: 7 Core comparison to Jaguar_575px.png (678x381, 125K)

Do you actually believe what you’re saying?

NONONONONO ROME IS A LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

i am 100% sure you are Jim. press J to greed Jim

Attached: 1541538120178_0.jpg (818x693, 91K)

Reminder Jim is always right.

>Jim
>Adored
>Jim
>Jew Killer

Stupid things are for stupid people.

Salty.

>Exclusives
>for gimped desktops
that time is over

Finally
4k 60fps on consoles sounds like a dream come true

That's just for interim development. The dev machines are using the R7 2700X and discrete GPU, which will be close to the final package. PS5 won't come out until 2020.

based

>4k/60
Completely delusional. Consoles NEVER hit their advertised targets. Remeber how the PS3 was supposed to be 1080p? Even most PS4 games can barely hit 1080p/30, much less 60. PS4 Pro is garbage, barely hits 1440p/30.

Because the Jaguar cores are bottlenecking the fuck out of the GPU. The biggest failure of current-gen consoles is that the CPU is massively weaker than the GPU, unlike the previous gen where the CPU was massively more powerful than the GPU.

Xbox Scarlet & PS5 intend to return to the roots and be much more like PC wherein you have a very powerful CPU paired with a solid mid-range GPU, with lots of RAM between to feed both. Then, when you optimize for that hardware over the course of 5-7 years, you can hit 4K60 consistently in all capabilities.

Not when you're Sony and Nintendon't.