Just bought a new gaming pc

>Just bought a new gaming pc
>play a few games but its meh
>Would rather spend my day ricing a linux desktop while listening to music
whats my problem

Attached: 1540693355857.jpg (526x701, 90K)

Sounds like you enjoy customizing and optimizing systems, why don't you find a game that lets you do that as an objective, like factorio or dwarf fortress?

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, darkly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Not OP but I'm in the exact same situation. I feel like if I'm not utilizing the gpu all the time then it was a waste. Never tried factorio maybe I'll do it when I get home.

>factorio
Wew be careful with that one. It fucked my shit up senpai.

modern games are garbage

Yesterday I thought about downloading some retro games, but I feel obligated to play something with sick graphics because otherwise I am wasting my GPU.

I know Dwarf Fortress is not a retro game, but same logic.

> why don't you find a game

WHY DON'T YOU FIND A JOB, OP?
But anyway. Do what you want to do, modern games on PC are crap, some indies may be OK, I don't see a point in asking "why do I like this and not that".

Then do that. Much more rewarding than a game imo. There's nothing wring with not being that enthusiastic about vidya, if anything its a good thing.

I used to play vidya all day, but I just can't get into it anymore

Most things aren't as fun as they used to be. Maybe I am just too old, maybe this is some mild depression, I don't know.
I just work and then I might watch a movie or something, but I am not really passionate about it, I just need something to pass the time.
Games are too much work, it's weird they actually require almost no real energy but I still can't be bothered.

>mfw too brainlet to play dwarf fortress

Attached: baka.jpg (454x558, 55K)

you aren't 12 anyore. gaming sucks. it appeals only to mentally retarded (literally) manchildren

mine shitcoin, crack paswords, fold proteins, look for aliens with seti, play around with tensor flow and next time save your money and don't buy a gaymur card

Get into graphic design or something, user. Sounds like creativity is your kinda thing.

Attached: DD4waUsXcAAHIwL.jpg large.jpg (1258x1134, 196K)

I became disinterested in most games a few years ago too.

You're allowed to enjoy whatever you want, user.

You know what else is childish? Being a pretentious fag who thinks he's superior just because he doesn't like video games.

get VR

No they're not. Just look for the good games

Lack of an authoritive figure in your life that you respect

vr is a maymay

Fuck off

cope fucking gamer manchild

Fuck off cunt. Hating Vidya doesn't make you superior to anyone. You sound like a fucking Applel fag

Yea, hating vidya is a bit cringe. I mean I don't enjoy games anymore, but to each their own.

your problem is being an attention whore that doesn't post anything interesting

>factorio
My friend got sucked into it completely. Literally his second life now. Dangerous stuff.

It's a quote from the Bible you fool

Well you see user, I don't read the Bible because I'm not a fucking idiot.

yes but it's also fun as fuck

Just play the few games you like when you feel like it. Personally, I sometimes run TF2 or BF3 just to relax a bit. Other than that I usually work on my own little programming projects, listen to music and browse the web. Feels good man.

I really feel like playing from time to time when you really want to is much more rewarding than just launching those new AAA games just because you're bored.

utilizing the gpu all the time is expensive

Just run Wind Waker in 8K with HD textures.

What do you do in VR? I only used gear VR, but after that I didn't feel the desire to upgrade to something better.

>Factorio
The one game that actually made me break away from TF2. I have way too much time put into Factorio it's not even funny.

Almost my same exact experience

Give me the gayming pc then

It's not even hard what the fuck mate

>have a really shitty computer
>use it mainly to post on Jow Forums and play dota 2 at lowest settings, along with server management
>finally get a decent computer after stop being a degenerate and get my life together
>Reinstall Steam, Install Dota 2 and some other games I got on sale
>Literally ONLY play dota 2 and post on Jow Forums at this point

The $600 Jow Forums machine meme from /v/ was real dudes

oh fuck, there's so much...
Gear VR is just a glimpse to what VR offers. Controllers alone make it a great experience, having your hands in VR and ability to interact with objects is amazing. Holding a gun in your hand, moving it 360' all around you, bring it up to your face to aim, close one eye, squeeze the trigger to shoot - it's lightyears ahead of traditional mouse aim-and-click controls
Threre's plenty of games. Games that you'd probably wouldn't even pay attention to otherwise, but VR makes everything so much better. I fucking hate platformers but I had a huge smile the entire time I played Moss - the game environment is beautiful, pictures don't make it justice. Not even close
There's something for eveyone in VR - social games, shooters, driving/flying sims, platformers, horror games, lot's of great porst of traditional games too.
If you ever feel jaded from gaming VR will make you excited again, no doubt

Attached: 1_59EoGw2pryVtr9k7MUAqww[1].jpg (2000x1124, 365K)

$600 is not even that expensive though, some people pay that for a gpu

Gaming on pc is retarded. Game on ps4. Better yet, get a life.

normalniggers gtfo

Attached: Konata-on-Computer.jpg (428x267, 13K)

People like you make me laugh. You do realize the gaming industry is massive and almost every person you come into contact with is most likely a gamer right? Seriously look up the fucking figures, just about everyone plays games and a lot of them are middle aged or older and have perfectly functioning lives. Get over yourself, fag.

Get into tes modding, any game. VR skyrim will probably tax most gpus, and is infinitely moddable, which is what you really want.

DONT DO IT
Factorio is a serious addiction

Modern gaming sucks. Retards dump thousands of dollars on hardware that's the best for games that aren't even fun anymore. Most of the stuff actually worth playing won't require more than a low-end PC.

When stating personal opinion, don't attribute it to everyone else. That just makes you sound ignorant

>build $2k PC
>only play LoL and only because my friends play it too
>spend most of my time on Jow Forums instead
worth it

*4channel

it is a fact user

Attached: 1542946397510.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

just cause you got older, jaded and joyless doesn't mean millions of other people, especially younger ones, feel the same.
Gaming industry is booming, people enjoying games and having fun. You had your fun already. It doesn't last forever

>places games
>listens to music
>"doggo"
It is summer in Australia user.

Attached: 1544103608205.gif (350x233, 348K)

Try $1500 with two monitors

Play classic wow servers occasionally and LoL when my friends want to play. Other than that, I just browse the web and watch movies.