How long until Firefox switches to Chromium base?

How long until Firefox switches to Chromium base?

Attached: 480px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png (480x480, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/focus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fucking never what the fuck

All browsers are now using Chromium for its base except Safari. But Safari is using Webkit rendering engine which Blink is fork of, so it's quite similar to Chromium rendering engine.
Firefox is last man standing and it's becoming less and less relevant.
Lot of web developers literally don't test their products in Firefox, worked in companies like that.
They won't be able to resist for long.

Firefox literally supports about double the shit chromium does, and you are telling me you know what developers want? Bitch I can see why you ain't one right through your fucking sperg posting. Chromium is literally irrelevant and less open source, as the people behind it are very authoritative. Are you a college student or something? It's the only group of people I'd expect to hear such prolific bullshit from. Same group that uses a whole web-browser as a text editor a.k.a. Atom. Learn your fucking tech man, Firefox is here to stay forever.

hopefully never

Icecat wouldn't be practical on chromium base.

>Firefox is last man standing
Ff is turning slowly since version 27.0 to chrome.

t. Seething sjw shill

>How long until Firefox switches to Chromium base?
Why would it? Firefox is the best it's been in years as far as being a fast, capable, and competitive browser. It rakes in tens of millions a year in licensing fees, and if it ever decided to do a big donation drive, there are tons of people who would donate to support it, since it's the last browser that cares about your privacy and has robust ad-removal.

Developers complain all the time about Firefox's inspector pain being slower, harder to use, and not having the features that Chrome's does. Maybe if you had a job you'd have talked to some of them.

>How long until Firefox switches to Chromium base?
They will be dead long before then, Firefox desktop marketshare is below 9%, and Google is the company paying their bills through the default search deal, when they leave that deal it's over.

Meanwhile they keep pushing shit like Pocket onto their dwindling marketshare instead of doubling down on privacy and performance, what a fucking waste.

You know, we can tell when you're regurgitating canned lines from a sales pitch. Tell your higher-ups they should lurk moar.

Don't you fucking say that, not even jokingly

>Firefox is last xer standing
fixed it for you :^)

>Chromium is literally irrelevant and less open source
Another delusional faggot from Jow Forums

never because it'll lose its only selling point

Google gives them hundreds of millions or theyd have gone out of business long ago. They make all their money off search engine referrals like all (((browsers))).

Why? Mozilla is pouring quite a bit of work into Firefox's backed, and there's no good reason to tear that out and replace it with Chrome.

I'm the first one to not like Mozilla, but what alternatives does one have? Chromium is in the hands of Google and it being OSS doesn't mean much (see: voice recording botnet downloaded as a binary) and other FLOSS browsers are too niche to have proper support on pages (they manage to be decent just because they're based on Firefox/Chromium, but they also carry on their issues). Until Firefox is proved to be botnet, I'll stick with it. When the day comes, it'll be hard to make a new choice.

You're a seething SJW shill?

Hopefully never.
I can't have too many Chrome tabs opened at the same time, and every single fork of Chromium can't run 720p60 yt videos on my end, while Firefox can.

>All browsers are now using Chromium for its base except Safari.
That's just wrong. I am using a QtWebEngine-based browser and I am developing plug-ins for it. Why would you say something so naive?

Never, considering Servo is better.

Firefox looks and runs better than Chrome on MacOS.

Attached: 1542854375943.jpg (5760x3240, 3.87M)

Good god why. I would hate that shit so much.

What you're referring to as Firefox is, in fact, Chromium + SJW.

Who the fuck cares ? Macfags use Safari.

I mostly use Firefox on my Hackintosh but tbqh I was pretty surprised at how decent Safari is.

> integrated with proprietary services such as google translate
OH NO NO NO
Firefox want's the same, though.

No one uses Safari since Mojave.

why?

>less relevant
firefox is the fastest browser right now soo im absolutely sure it is as relevant as it gets

never
spidermonkey is still the reference js interpreter

Firefox looks much better than Chrome on any OS.

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/focus

qtwebengine *is* chromium based

hopefully never.
Remember Rust?
It's comfy and I like the documentation.

there was a ghacks article just last week about how this year was the most profitable for mozilla on record.

wtf nightly channel functions far better and eats a whole lot less then the release version. 65 is where it's at.

how hard would it be to program a web rendering engine from scratch?

>Doesn't know what an API is

Fucking lunatic this one

The rendering engine is well matured, it won't switch.
Wrong actually, web devs have now began paying attention to Gecko again, because of the splash that Quantum made. So many turbo normies now use Firefox. Hail Gecko, it'll prevail. Obviously there's no contesting that the chromium engine is more optimised than gecko, but I don't notice it on my desktop. But on phone's I feel it, the bad optimisation is just breathing on your face. So, I use Bromite, the chromium fork on android.

i give it three more years before they swallow google's cock balls-deep. hopefully palemoon is ready to take over firefox's old role.

I already commented on this in a previous thread but around three to four months after microsoft releases their chrome based browser it will be announced. I'm basing this on general long term direction companies and governments want technology to go.

True, but it's much harder than it used to be to make Firefox look good since the quantum update rolled out.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 132K)

>Firefox literally supports about double the shit chromium does
imagine being this wrong

Attached: file.png (414x269, 29K)

Don't forget installing adware extensions

Let's hope never, as more competitors = better for end users.

>implying they haven't been converting to chrome since they changed to the chrome version numbering system

I wasn't even referring to your plugins in the first place *shrugs*

impressive
you just proved their near-convergence in HTML 5.x/and ECMA-262 support

fresh pasta is fresh

10/10 will steal

Right click pocket icon and all extension icon and choose 'Remove from Toolbar'! It will be cuter!

they still got money so we are probably fine for awhile just on that.