Spill water on notebook

>spill water on notebook
>take to repair shop immediately so they can clean it and do repairs to the logix board if necessary
>1 week goes by
>we couldn't fix it sorry
>my keyboard keys now have wrinkles

What did they do the keyboard? Does water actually causes that on plastic or something? I dried all visible water

Attached: P_20181207_010821_1.jpg (3211x2267, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j_tBsMCNEa0
youtube.com/watch?v=e2r-g8EaTfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Macshit
Found your problem

ribbed for your pleasure

They used a heat gun lmao

WrinkleBook

Attached: 1528618769269.gif (689x720, 375K)

>What did they do the keyboard

Probably stuck it in an oven to dry it out and dried your keys lol

The components on the logic board dissolve/decompose when in contact with water.

>macshit

youtube.com/watch?v=j_tBsMCNEa0

should have bought a Thinkpad.

If it was Tekdry then your book and cooked
Also
>mac uses fucking plastic so weak it wrinkles from water and heat
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MACTODDLERS JUSTIFY OWNING THIS SHIT!? inferior components, materials, and quality.

Attached: 3-humped-traitor.png (274x250, 161K)

they stupidly took a heat gun to it and shrunk the coating on your keys a little bit.

Not only that, but all the ThinkPads and similar laptops have modular keyboard parts, for fast replacement. You'd no longer need to pay someone whose job calls them a "Genius" to melt your computer.

>non macshit desktop that lays on its side with no cover because case too small.
>Dropped a taco on it.
>Hotsauce and cheese get sprayed by graphics card fans.
>Everything still works years later.

This. Comedy Gold.

How the fuck do you drop a taco into your computer?

yup, didn't even look at the pic and that's the first thought I had when I read "wrinkles"

what type of black magick is this?!

Thinkpads have drainage channels in the keyboard and chassis so the water just flows to the bottom. Newer ones still do but they have lower feet so sometimes they get wet anyways.

>1mm key height
Lol

kek'd

Attached: 8736482047891324.jpg (800x764, 87K)

Sad but probably true.

presumably he was holding it then made a wucky fucko boingo and then he wasn't holding it and it was in his computer

>The components on the logic board dissolve/decompose when in contact with water.

That would be a very Apple thing to do but no, they just have water-sensitive stickers everywhere and if they turn pink they deny service. Electrical damage from water is not caused by the water itself but the fact that it carries current and shorts out components when there's power. With the way Mac laptops are, there's no way to completely depower the system without disassembly, so any spill is guaranteed to destroy the computer even if you unplug it and turn it completely off.

Don't use expensive devices if you are retarded

>don't be an apple customer

Actual Mac fags that don't take it up the butt haven't purchased a MacBook in years since all Apple has pushed out recently has been worse than before.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1516561809224.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

>Actual Mac fags
>don't take it up the butt
Pick one.

based

based

>You'd no longer need to pay someone whose job calls them a "Genius" to melt your computer.

Attached: 1395332786065.gif (250x250, 993K)

Attached: 1543363842877.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

fpbp

the right thing to do after water spill on macbook pro is immediately remove power, disassemble, and submerge components in 99% isopropyl for about 24 hours, then let em dry for 48h.

Did it with mine, it worked 90%

see

based

based and redpilled

Probably this

Lmao what a shit repair shop wtf

A bit overkill with isopropyl submersion if its only a water spill. Simple disassembly and letting it air dry would suffice.

top kek, for sure they just blasted the laptop with a fucking heatgun, lord have mercy

Can confirm, spilt many a coffee inside of my thinkpad.

>they just have water-sensitive stickers everywhere and if they turn pink they deny service

No they don't.

OP clearly went to a rinky dink repair shop who doesn't know shit.

He meant that the logic board have stickers that change color when exposed to humidity which is entirely true

Not if it have come in contact with thwe motherboard unless the whole thing have been coated properly. Corrosion can be a killer with SMD components, even a small amount of contaminants can change resistances and capacitances for instance.
Of course one may get lucky.

Haven't seen those on PC motherboards, is that Apple exclusive or am I just going blind?

>logic board have stickers that change color when exposed to humidity which is entirely true

Just because some Youtube spergelord says so doesn't make it true.

Based And redpilled

Lots of manufacturers use them for portable devices, you wouldn't see them on a desktop motherboard.

>shorts out components

Not what happens. It's corrosion that kills mbo.

Why do mactoddlers keep getting BTFO?

Attached: 1523659167969.png (612x716, 694K)

based

MACTODDLER BTFO

Attached: 1542935647361.jpg (832x832, 111K)

based

yikes

Attached: USB_3231529b.jpg (620x387, 130K)

Getting fucked in the ass is the natural state of mactoddlers.

This has got to be bait. Post pics of the keyboard wrinkles pls.

Attached: 1544053010700.png (334x506, 358K)

Macfags BTFO

Attached: 1542427804518.gif (200x200, 2M)

Probably a hair dryer actually

this

based

Happy Hanukkah

>macbook
>disassembly

sorry user lemme just "upgrade" to a refurb 2006 thinkpad :^)

OY VEY

based

basically

it's right there in the picture
are you blind?

youtube.com/watch?v=e2r-g8EaTfY

Then don't fucking spill water on the damn thing you twat. They just informed you of your stupidity.

Attached: bing.png (896x479, 643K)

I recently spilled tea (w/ milk and honey) all over my Dell laptops keyboard. Immediately turned it upside down and hard powered off. Took it to a repair shop so they could see if it was damaged, they took the whole thing apart, cleaned every inch on the motherboard and CPU, ran every diagnostic possible, and ran my hardware on an external PC to check for damage when running without actually booting up my laptop. They said from the get go they could tell nothing was wrong with it. Few days and only $45 later, they fixed it all 100% (if there was even anything wrong with it in the first place). Don't even need to replace the keyboard. Idc what people say, Dell is based and Macfag laptops they said are their biggest issue there because the laptops suck cock and are almost impossible to fix. So glad I took my superior laptop to an actual good repair shop

Attached: download.jpg (194x259, 8K)

Water spilled on my MacBook keys and they got little blisters that went away after a few weeks.

The fucking CBC says it's true you shill. They dissected the fucking Macbook on the actual donkey shitting news. The entire country knows Genuis Bars are a fucking scam now.

You get what you pay for. And by that I mean if you're dumb enough to buy THAT you're dumb enough to pay for the repairs twice.

i keep my macbook looking fresh by not using it at all

Spilled soda on my thinkpad.
Thinkpad keyboards are set in a tray with drainage holes that go through the entire chassis
Then I fapped to cartoon dragons.

That's the same spergelord who said it "on the news"
Still isn' true.

>applel

you twat, post original pic, please

based

>only $45 later
Pretty good price for completely tearing down a laptop.

just pour alcohol next time, it makes water evaporate faster

>he didn't get AppleCare+
Retarded poor person detected

>>he owns apple products
Retarded poor person detected

>Owning an iPhone or an iPad is a strong indicator that someone has a high income, according to a study from the National Bureau of Economic Research, with both of Apple's mobile devices found to be one of the most common wealth status symbols of all brands and products.

Attached: 26678-38421-wealth-status-iPhone-l.jpg (660x553, 117K)

no, here all the nigs use inig

I live in constant fear of my current (late 2013) Macbook Pro dieing, since I don't want one of the terrible new Macbooks with their shit keyboards, but I also want to keep using OSX. I'm hoping they eventually go back to the old design after rage at the new one gets to be too much.

Get a mid 2015 one