I can't believe how shitty every "gaming mouse" on the market is...

I can't believe how shitty every "gaming mouse" on the market is. I had a razer naga trinity for 3 months before it started double clicking, got it replaced two times and still had issues every time within 2 months. So I switch brands to Logitech and get a G900, fails within 6 months, but this time it was fucking sextuple clicking to the point it was unusable. I had that mouse replaced 4 fucking times and one time they even "upgraded" it to the shitty G903 which failed even fucking faster.

Anyway, I'm done calling to get a replacement and explaining the same thing to some minimum wage designated shit-street-shitter every god damn month, has anyone had a gaming mouse that lasted them over a year? Preferably one with 4 side buttons

Attached: 1JZ-01EC-00001-Z01.jpg (640x480, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eDoXMJyimDU
microsoftstore.com.cn/accessories/pro-intellimouse/p/mic2521
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My Zowie still going since 3 years, only 2 side buttons tho

I have a naga since 2014 and it's still going strong

I can't believe you haven't repair it.

Razer Deathadder 3G and 3.5G are still going strong for nearly a decade now. My Zowie mice have no problems (fk1, za11, and Am). Every Steelseries mouse has died, except for the Kinzu v1. I've used my Microsoft WMO as a daily driver for nearly 6 years in total. Gave my brother the Logitech MX518v2 5 years ago and he still uses it today.

>I can't believe how shitty every "gaming mouse" on the market is.

The only good mice are "gaming" mice. Everything else is shit.

Funny, I've had a Steelseries Rival for a few years now and it's been good. My MX-518 died twice and there wasn't anything I could do to resurrect it, but my ownership of that mouse also coincided with the time in my life where I payed the most games.

The g900 and g903 are known for that problem and a fix is known too

>omron switches
Found your problem. too bad they're in fucking everything.

Anything branded as "gaming" is a rip-off. It's like Apple shit, but for Wintoddlers. If it is marketed as "gaming" then it is just inferior parts packaged and labelled to appeal to a certain subsection of people who believe it gives them credibility and social status.

I've not had any Rivals, but I've had 3 Sensei's that given to me NIB, and at least 2 Xai's. I adore the shape of the Xai and Sensei, but they would die every 3 months. My Ikari also kicked the bucket a year and a half ago, but besides that I guess it lasted. Just like anything in life: ymmv.

I also checked up on my brother to ask what he's using currently and apparently the MX518 I gave him, this year it has started to randomly cause his Windows to play that bell noise you get when you plug/unplug a USB device, it's still functional but every 15 minutes you'll get that shit raping your ears apparently. He's moved onto a G603 now.

My G403 is completely fine after over a year. It had reverse scroll issues but logitech told me to download a software update that fixed it.

But regular mice often lack as many mouse buttons and have greater input lag when using them wirelessly.

Because nobody but children care about "input lag" or lots of buttons. The added buttons are useless and work to the detriment of the mouse as a whole. Gamers just gobble up any snake oil they can to justify their cult like behaviour. They are just as bad as the cult of Apple.

Plz fren, tell me

Asus Pugio

My rival 300 has been working fine for 3 years.

Because you're one of those stupid enough to pay for a new mouse when you can just open it and fix double clicking yourself.

I've been using the same Razer mouse for half a decade, and I opened it like 4 times to fix double clicking. I'd never buy something from Razer again, but at least the razer keyboard and mouse I own are incredibly easy to open and repair.

G600 user reporting in.
Bought it in 2013, still works to this day.

The only gaming mouse worth its salt, anyone who says this mouse is shit is either a Razer faggot or degenerate who can't maintain their mice properly

Deathadder Elite has been great the entire 2 years or so I've had it. No issues aside from scroll wheel getting a little squeaky.

I have the current steelseries sensei 310. been a great mouse but I do admit, there are a decent amount of complaints of double clicking happening. but the majority due appear to be fine. mine has.

prior I had a few logitech mice. the g pro, g502, and g403. all had issues within the first year. scroll year started to skip, plastic on one started to shine, and the other tracking issues. got jittery.

only mice I've owned that lasted while was a Microsoft mouse I forget the name of, the original mx518, the original laser steelseries sensei, and my razer diamondback from 2005. pretty much mice from years ago.

I am hoping my sensei 310 lasts though. I really love it.

>sextuple clicking
this is a shitpost

I know this is unpopular, but i had a roccat mouse that lasted 4 years and i now replaced it with another roccat that seems even more durable. Both have 4 extra side buttons

>The added buttons are useless and work to the detriment of the mouse as a whole
>features are a bad thing
i see, you're an applelfag in disguise

>double clicking
how do you fix it? I never knew you could. be great if you can help.

I've been using a G900 since launch and it works flawless. I play very low sens and I've banged it on my keyboard many times as well.

Anyone got a good tutorial for fixing double clicking? i have a logitech g400s with that issue.

I had a deathadder 2013 until iy started double clicking this year and I replaced it with a logitech g502. My new one is fucking great aside from having a couple poorly placed buttons, which I just disabled

youtube.com/watch?v=eDoXMJyimDU
The reason double clicking happens is that what makes the "click" is a small curve in a metal piece that, over time, loses its shape. All you have to do is give it back its shape slightly, put the metal piece back into place (Hardest part if you have normal sized fingers and no tweezers or something along those lines) then it's just putting the mouse back together.

any of you got g pro wireless? thinking of wireless options that arent actual garbage.

g603 is on sale for £36 right now on amazon, has same latency as usb wired and high quality omron switches

My logitech g502 is also going strong after about 3-4 years. It's the non-rgb one

Ordered one yesterday after my second naga went crazy with tracking issues.
My only concern is the 3rd click button, i think it's gonna be uncomfortable.

or you could just buy a new switch, not like it super expensive.

Had the Razer Deathadder for 2 years before the scroll wheel started having issues.

Been using the G502 for 6 months with no issue so far.

Have a 5 year old g502 only thing that broke was the mbb clicker a while back so I remapped it to the big side button comfy as

Had a Logitech G5 from 2007-2011, then a G9x from 2011-2017, then an old shitty HP mouse until I bought a G502 on sale a few weeks ago. The G502 is very comfortable, I hope it lasts a long time.

>tfw they discontinued the GOAT MX510

microsoftstore.com.cn/accessories/pro-intellimouse/p/mic2521
Soon™

I have a G400 that must be 7-8 years old at this point, I had to replace the cable once but otherwise it works perfectly. I also have a G502 that's 3-4 years old and it works flawlessly, though the paint on the wheel chipped away and it looks ugly as fuck.

zowie za12 is about a year old now. the sides are slowly getting glossy

You'd prefer de-soldering the previous switch, resoldering a new one on top instead of opening the switch, curving the small piece of metal, closing it back for the total cost of the screwdriver needed to open the mouse?

take the same amount of time, and will last longer, why wouldn't you if it takes seconds and costs pennies

Take the same amount of time? Are you serious?
A normal person without the know-how to replace the entire switch can repair a mouse for literally $0, and you're suggesting people buy a soldering iron, new switches, and try to replace the whole thing?

Why are you so intent on spending money when you don't need to?
"Lasts longer" is a lot of bullshit, because a manually fixed switch will always last longer than a new one.

If you want to solder new switches, more power to you, but don't go suggesting it's the most effective way to fix double clicking.

>a defective switch that has lost tension and needs to be bent back into place last longer than a new piece.

please kill yourself

when you play fps you need that good sensor tho. really does make a difference between a 15 dollar mouse and a fk2.

Good choice, You'd be surprised, that third button kinda acts like a ergonomic groove for your pinky to sit on, it's kinda weird to picture but its surprisingly comfy

My razed naga epic has lasted two years so far. It’s not the products that are bad just your use.

>Defective
Did you even watch the fucking video you idiot?
You can curve the metal piece far much by hand than what you'd get from the factory, which means it'll take longer for the bend to go undone again.

The average person doesn't know how to solder a replacement, but fixing the switch by bending back the metal strip by hand is something most people are capable of doing.

Have a G500 with that same exact problem. I think just about every Logitech mice has a good chance of getting that problem. For the G500 specifically, supposedly different methods exist but whether which one truly fixes it is unknown. I'll list some.

-Open the button in question and bend the spring to give it more resistance.
-Clean the spring.
-Remove particle build up inside the button.

If you go with anything involving removing the spring, prepare to have a tough time putting it back.

> Talking shit about my mouse

Attached: 1544234956522.gif (200x331, 711K)

G602
Bought on release, still in use.
Repaired it twice now. Fixed the left clicker and replaced the middle clicker with one made in the 90s. Also replaced the rubbery palm rest with some leather after it fell apart. Fucking love it. Battery lasts for weeks to months depending on use.

> be a metal leaf
>your entire purpose is to provide tension
>Fail at it

IT IS NOT DEFECTIVE!!!!!!!!!

The only problem I've ever had with my Razer Deathadder Chroma (4G) is dust getting in the wheel sensor causing scrolling to fuck up, but it's easy to take it apart and fix it.

I bought a £13 Nemesis Kata that I'm pretty sure is a chinky mouse and it's been good for like 4 years.

Ive had a razer naga epic since 2014 and the only issue is the button labels have worn off, maybe you’re just not using them right.

THis is why I used to buy shitty brands, they last me a year or so before one major button fails.

I decided to try a Logitech G203, let's see how long this lasts..

Slot tech here.

It's way easier to replace the switch. By my standards, a "normal person" has a soldering iron at home, even if it's a cheap hot-rod made from chinese piggu-iron bought from Radio Shack some 20 years ago.

Around that time you also bought some solder. And it probably was the good shit. None of that lead-free RoHS-compliant garbage.

Heat the iron, touch the switch pins, pull the sucker out slowly, put the new switch in, same orientation, same way.

Done.