How would you explain programming to your parents?

How would you explain programming to your parents?

Attached: jenga.jpg (1200x795, 94K)

I wouldn't have to, they both grew up on COBOL

"I write programs".

Then how would you explain it to my mom?

"In order to create apple pie, you must first invent the universe."

Half the job is reinventing the wheel, half the job is making cars with differently sized and shaped wheels somehow drive straight and not kill everyone.

I make computer programs.

Chewy, but, good

Electricity is literally magic so no way.

they both were software developers

Writing a screenplay script, but for a computer.

Compare it to a step-by-step plan/recipe, introduce some basic logic and give a simple example.
It's not rocket surgery.

It's like a burrito.

*unzips dick*

See, mom, its just like twitter. You make 140words tweets (statements) at a time then post them on your twitter board (file). You can like things by doing x++ or downvote using ×——. You can subscribe to other twitter accounts using #include, and even read their own posts if you have acces to their profile (source). You can create hashtags using #define so everyone knows what you mean without you having to tweet it again.

Explain basic transistor theory using a small circuit board as an example. Now image it with so many transistors it can reconfigure itself on the fly to emulate any number of smaller circuit boards.
A computer program is the instuctions or blueprint for how it should reconfigure itself and behavior

"Oh that sounds interesting but can I also create new objects in your computer, son?"

black magic

More like Lego.

i have a slave
a make orders he do it
al the order he undestud he do exactly and never reject
together we goto world domination

Attached: IZAURA.jpg (731x1000, 97K)

Not everyone has a removeable penis trudeau..

HAVE A SLAVE I MAKE ORDERS HE DO IT ALL THE ORDERS HE UNDERSTOOD HE DO EXACTLY AND NEVER REJECT TOGETHER WE GO TO WORLD DOMINATION

Show her applications on her desktop or her mobile phone. Point out how all of these were made by some person. Tell her that the way that these applications are made is through something called computer programming. Explain that computer programming is like writing a recipe, except instead of making food, it's for creating applications.

Keep it simple and relate to other real world things she's familiar with.