Why are profile pictures on websites always circles these days? What happened to square profile pictures?

Why are profile pictures on websites always circles these days? What happened to square profile pictures?

Attached: Untitled.png (663x267, 41K)

i want to be a trapezoid

Circle is best shape fuck off

they aren't. Every image inside computer system is square

A circle is the shape of attention

But we are still forced to only view the cut-down "circular" versions of them. That's what OP meant, autismo.

edges are out

>Every image inside computer system is square
That statement is false.

circular image crops the image to focus the viewer on the center of it, it's a pretty basic technique to simply enhance the emotional response to the image but it cuts the creativity a square image gives to the creator, so basically it's a dirt cheap way to make users images to "look better" but actually it just crops the both ends of creativity where you lose the most horrible presentations but also the most creative ones to bump the majority

It's fucking cancer and ruins my avatars.

it looks better tbqhwyf

>being this edgy

Show me something that is not a square, I dare you

because profile pictures are selfies 9 times out of 10 and it's basically saying that, much like circles, focusing all of your attention on yourself is pointless.

Did you just assume my SHAPE shitlord?

Waste of space UI design happened.

thank ms skeltal

Psst... look up definition of square and rectangular.

Oh..
Eh...
Ok
Yeah, I'm wrong, sorry for being retarded

Because circles and everything are
> b e a u t i f u l
and graphic designers

>Implying you have to store data in a grid
Are you fucking retarded user? Ignoring that SVGs and other vector graphics exist, I could right now define a storage scheme for a circular image that starts with an array of length 1, goes up to make a semicircle, then goes back down to 1.

Attached: fuck.jpg (800x450, 54K)

>camera lenses are circular
>user wants square photos back
CANT STOP THE PROGRESS TRAIN

>lenses are circular
Damnit user, I just told the other user they were retarded, and now you go and fuck up worse than they did.
Say it with me: Image Sensor

If you wanna see something cool, make a userstyle for every website with
/* AGENT_SHEET*/
* {
border-radius: 0px !important;
}
in it.

Camera sensors aren't circular.
Circular lenses mean the light gets refracted in an even pattern which makes for optimal size lenses. You could do the same with rectangular lenses but to get even refraction for the sensor you'd need a larger lens.

It's to attract female users. Women can only relate to holes.

>you don't have to store data in a grid
>we start with a grid of length 1

Attached: 1534735652299.jpg (400x346, 80K)

Also your head is more circular than square and they want your face there.

In a range of 1-10, what's your IQ?

possibly higher than people who didn't suspect that post -might- have had an element of the satirical, I'll wager.

Because the entirety of silicon valley is a sucker for mAtErIaL dEsIgN or whatever fuckall buzzword they use to put less effort into proper UI

Attached: eeeeeee.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

It's old tech user. You are limited by your monitor, not your computer.
I hope these come back someday.

Attached: arcade.jpg (640x480, 55K)

It's a limitation of the scope camera.

good point

It's not the shape that bothers me. It's how they always zoom in stupidly and can't change it. Wasted so much time deleting and re-uploading pictures on GroupMe and LinkedIn because of it

CSS border-radius happened

THEY SHOULD BE RECTANGLES WITH FACES STRETCHED

Fashion.