Windows is the worst operating system change my mind

windows is the worst operating system change my mind

Attached: windows.png (768x576, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/11/latest-windows-10-update-breaks-windows-media-player-win32-apps-in-general/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's worst yet we don't have anything better

OSX

mac's os is better, they just have terrible hardware and there are too many apps which only support windows. I would use apple os 100% if it had more app support

Why does everyone rail on OSX? It's a perfectly good operating system. At least it doesn't self install viruses under the guise of "updating to windows 10"

>mac's os is better
delusion - the post

Attached: 1501978536329.jpg (554x378, 54K)

Actually explain to me how mac's os is worse. Please. (I actually am not super experienced in this field there is totally a great chance I'm wrong but I'm very curious your reasoning.)

simple functions are made overcomplicated

Doesn't work with most software or hardware.

Could you explain a little further? I'm actually pretty used to mac so its functions make sense to me.

This is 100% my biggest issue with mac, but this is no fault of mac os itself. It's just a shame there isn't much support for mac.

WHATS A COMPUTER??

--- Sent from my Macbook Pro ---

Linux - good but few games and lacks commercial software

macOS - commercial software but no games like Linux. Also using it makes you homosexual. Apple's faggot CEO says it's a "sin" not to ban unapologetic white people from his platforms

Windows- games and commercial software, but telemetry and malware if you're not careful

>Could you explain a little further?
not really; i havent used it in years for that very reason so i cant remember any specific examples

>telemetry and malware
fucking kek your windows computers are supposed to be disposable, for gaming and software and shit. Just throw it out the window when the GPU is above 50% during idling in desktop to shit on the ruskies

so apple is bad because the ceo is a faggot? I prefer mac for anything commercial non-games and I use linux when I'm coding. (Of course I use windows for gaming but there isn't really much choice on that front).

not everyone has infinite money? What other os would you suggest using instead anyway?

>but this is no fault of mac os itself
if all their shit wasn't proprietary cockblocking carebear pile of rancid bullshit, maybe they would be compatible with more stuff
but no, you will buy a $4,000 laptop because some faggot used it in some movie

you don't need an apple computer to run apple os. We're not talking about hardware here at all m8.

bodied

Hackintosh is more trouble than it's worth. Just use Windows desu

How so? Mac's os is more secure and runs faster almost 100% of the time in my experience.

Performance, especially GPU is much worse. The final straw for me was some minor update that sent the machine into an endless loop

thats becuase mac OS only runs on mac machines. windows runs on a wide variety of machines, some better than others. windows isn't optimized for one PC. you have to do research and buy the best PC.

>more secure
meme
>runs faster almost 100%
in case of PC this is entirely subjective

that's all fair. I guess this answered my question so... do whatever you want with this thread I guess

update:
Windows crashed 3 times in the last hour. Windows auto-restarted my computer about one and a half hours ago and now the new update has just been fucking destroying my computer with lag and crashes. This is so fucking retarded I can't even begin to describe it.

Windows 8 was better

Attached: Windows 8.jpg (964x662, 35K)

Then install something better

we don't have anything better as in there are no better options available currently

>things that never happened the post
Microsoft Windows 10 OS is God tier. Now do the needful and replace all your Linux installations with it (except your servers)

You are correct.

Literally anything else is better.

Neither does Winshit 10, lmao. WINE on Linux runs my win32 programs better than Winturd 10 enterprise LGBT edition did.

Attached: 7c9.gif (320x240, 970K)

инcтaл гeнтy

I do think windows is the worst OS. I've used Windows, MacOS, and linux all extensively both for personal use and professional use (Software engineer).

Windows: slow, insecure, fails a lot. UI is not intuitive at all. Lots of driver issues as well. I really disliked writing software on windows because all the tools are bloated and the OS really can't handle as much as Linux or MacOS. Stupid tiles and literally impossible to navigate control panel is impressively bad. I still hate myself for using it for years. I'm also glad I quit my job working on .NET, although the C# .NET ecosystem is actually super comfy. I just hated windows.

Linux: Pretty fast, not bloated, sucks having to deal with drivers and having things break. Super comfy when you have it setup and working. Fantastic for developing software. A huge meme for day to day use because normies dont get it

MacOS: By far the comfiest OS but overpriced and its fucking inexcusable that I can't touch the hardware on my apple devices. OS literally never fails and does not need to be touched by the user. It truly just works. By far the most secure and fastest OS with the most intuitive UI. Walled garden is annoying as fuck but when you own only apple products its insane how well everything integrates together. Having the iphone/iwatch/macOS/Mac Monitor/Mac network/apple tv stack is incredible for how well it works. Also very secure. I want to kms when I see I can't upgrade the hardware and it sucks paying so much for it but the OS is comfy af.

Democracy is also the worst political system yet its the only one that works. The fucking microsecond linshit gets enough support that I can run any of the programs I use at full speed without major fuckery is when I'll switch.

Attached: image.jpg (640x853, 90K)

>Neither does Winshit 10, lmao.

Completely wrong. I can run all Windows Programs, and all Linux programs naively. Not sure if any worthwhile programs that aren't on Linux nor Windows, but are on Mac.

My fucking surface has bsoded 7 times today. Fuck windows 10.

slightly off topic, but fuck those new blue screens. I had a win 10 install once that got stuck in a bsod loop and all the help I could find just said "oh just look in the event viewer". Yeah that would be real nice if I could BOOT THE FUCKING OS. The old bsod messages at least give a code that narrows it down to software or hardware issue

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/11/latest-windows-10-update-breaks-windows-media-player-win32-apps-in-general/

Attached: c3bb37bca7adf5191fef78e37e889afb.jpg (455x675, 80K)

I agree wholeheartedly with this take on things. I really wish Apple wasn't such a shit company with shit hardware and shit practices/policies, because MacOS and the overall Apple "ecosystem" has a lot going for it in my opinion.

>computer turns off due to power outage.
>turn computer on
>win 10 ate bcd
>windows 10 recovery disk doesnt work
>windows 7 recovery disk works though

explain

Theres just no excuse for it. That being said, I still use their products exclusively because I don't gayme or need more than what they provide.

>Clone 120gb windows os disk with linux CAT
>fucked up the partitions or moved shit where it aint sposed to be
>win10 rebuilds its boot sector or whatever it needed to do
>os sucessfully transferred to larger disk
I dunno, it does some good shit sometimes

>implying OP has a mind

Attached: 1234567890123.jpg (636x773, 32K)

>My shitbox bentium III crashed 3 times in the last hour. Windows auto-restarted my computer about one and a half hours ago and now the new update has just been fucking trying to work around the hacks and patches I did to force install Win10 on such a POS computer. I am so fucking retarded I can't even begin to describe it.
FTFY. You're welcome.

>app

Attached: 1538921056574.jpg (584x575, 50K)

Name one app that's broken and I'll test it. Also, use mpv.

STupid goddamn whore OS.
I have had more blue screens and "Wah, there an OS on this harddrive" on Win10 then any other copy of Window$. Temperamental slut.
She is Lucky I'm so used to her, otherwise I would slit her goddamn throat open.

It is the worst. I know people will try to say MacOS is the worst, but that just isn't true. MacOS is POSIX compliant and is perfectly usable. Windows, on the other hand, has no usable shells, requires hacks to run good software, is more locked down than MacOS, is more obfuscated than MacOS, can't perform simple tasks, and has no support for basic functions. It is just bad. There is no way that, out of MacOS, GNU, and itself, that it isn't the worst OS available.

>MacOS is POSIX compliant
>and is perfectly usable.
Pick one.
>Windows, on the other hand, has no usable shells
It's the 21st century.
>requires hacks to run good software,
rofl
>is more locked down than MacOS,
Extreme rofl.
>is more obfuscated than MacOS,
My sides...
>can't perform simple tasks,
… just left the galaxy.
>and has no support for basic functions.
Schizo-delusional bait attempts are the best. Two thumbs up, would laugh at you again.

Attached: 1544081461341.gif (360x346, 170K)

Classic wintoddler.

Dude, we know you have no counter-argument. No need to say it.

*there isn't an OS

Attached: 287218_zlfa41pg8j0c6knrx2ye73vuqdimb5w9osht.jpg (650x691, 69K)

>y-you need to make a counter-argument to my memes and retarded shitposting
Delusional wintoddler.

Dude, we know you have no counter-argument. No need to say it again.

You really think you made an argument in the first place, "dude"? Nice groid slang, by the way.

>owning your own computer and using it long enough to be able to gauge that an operating system is bad
posting from my friends phone

Good counter-argument, champ. Looks like I win this debate.

CentOS is the worst OS. If you disagree, you haven't used it

Repeating your non-counter-argument? Victory for me. Winpajeets lose again. Enjoy your non-POSIX OS.

It isn't an OS. It is a distribution of the GNU/Linux OS.

xD

>post a load of contrareality shit like an itoddler
>get your ass raped
>declare victory like a tard while your in icu from ass blood loss

>in icu from ass blood loss
I'd be lying if I said I didn't kek.

You really think saying "muh sides" is an argument when everything I said is true, wintoddler? Your OS can only browse the web and play toys. It is the baby OS that only retards use. You wouldn't know basic functionality if it slapped you in the face.
>le I don't need a shell, it's 2018, google will do it for me
Fuck off.

>posted from intensive care after ass blood loss

Attached: 1540221023338.gif (267x150, 993K)

Jow Forums: come for the derail, stay for the shitposts.

You even post gamer gifs. You wintoddlers are pathetic. You use an awful locked down OS and don't know how to do the most basic of tasks. You are literally babies.

Attached: 1542340917874.gif (245x285, 916K)

unnoriginal and retarded, 4chin certified post

also, OP is a fag

>im too stupid to understand ive been pwned
Keep bleeding.

>do this (move partition to another part of the same hard drive)
>Win freaks out
>repair boot sector from USB
>GRUB gets fucked by this
It's inexcusable that such simple management tasks blindsided this OS, AND that Windows can't handle the fact that maybe there might be other OS on a harddrive.

Attached: 1412229474127.png (377x377, 125K)

Nice gamer lingo. What is your discord alias, prakesh?

>Windows isnt worse
Seething

Attached: 1543782060499.jpg (601x508, 31K)

>still dualbooting
Jesus, did I imagine the arrival of the 21st century?

>(move partition to another part of the same hard drive)
This is how Windows Boot Manager identifies partitions: by it's location. You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble by knowing this, and simply touching the device and osdevice entries in the BCD.
>GRUB gets fucked by this
Hasn't GRUB had the option to be installed in its own partition (instead of being jammed into the space between partitions) for a while now?

>had like 3 bluescreens in 10 years of my own PCs
>have had 5 bluescreens THIS WEEK ALONE since various updates
>had to downclock my RAM by 200 MHz

Attached: tumblr_l9s0oylfm21qz4w1go1_400.png (311x143, 6K)

>nasty Win16 port
>not the patrician Mac version or surprisingly non-plebeian DOS version

>actually using windows update

Attached: V5K7N1I.jpg (480x451, 54K)

Thanks for reminding me to grab PCem, user.

Shitza Horizon 4 won't run unless you at least have the October update.

Attached: NOTSOJAWSOME.png (236x176, 5K)

>never had a bluescreen on windows 10
>never had anything crash or act weird except for that one taskbar bug which has existed since windows 7
>just as quick if not quicker than 7
>cpu always idling at its lowest downclocked speeds because it has nothing to do
>gpu is always at 0-2% unless I open youtube
>ram usage is basically the same as 7
feels good to be blessed

Attached: 1540933715391.jpg (889x779, 127K)

so linux based OS's are by far the best that exist.

hannah montana linux is worse

Pro tip: i cant.

how the fuck microsoft can't make usable console in 20+ years.