What distro are you using, and why?

I'm using Fedora because i've never used it before.

Attached: .png (1680x1048, 1.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1153470
github.com/fedoradesign/backgrounds/blob/master/default/wide/f29-01-day.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm using Windows 10 because I'm not autistic

Can I hab de wallpapier,my son?

>winjeet

It's the current default Fedora wallpaper, have fun googling b0ss

Manjaro on desktop.

Debian on laptop.

I hate the Manjaro community. I hate the Debian package management and having to add mirror links manually one by one because there's no user repository.

tri-boot templos, gentoo, and slackware
>templeos
do you really need a reason
>gentoo
extremely active community and good & secure overall distro
>slackware
legacy community, extremely stable distro, better control over your system than gentoo

Sank you.

user its the Default wallpaper for fedora.....

are you the stinky indian script kiddie that hacked linux.org? I disagree about using windows but I have to thank you for completely destroying that tranny trying to take over linux

Slackware on all machines.

I'm using Gentoo because I actually know how to use it. Package management is almost too awesome to be true. Whenever I would read a guide that involves git cloning the source of some obscure software, adding a hacked-together PPA to the Ubuntu repo list only to apt-get and have manually installed a list of 300 dependencies that will be nearly impossible to clean up after one would decide to remove the git-cloned software, I would laugh out loud, especially if the guide suggests running make single-threaded. Then I would proceed to run one simple emerge command that automatically downloads the software from the exact same git repo and spin up the fans on my networked 36-thread compile server to compile a perfectly optimized package in a sandbox environment, tracking every file that gets installed to the live system for easy cleanup.

Arch for about four years now. I like the minimal DIY approach and configurability, but I'm tired of shit breaking.
I'm gonna try switching to Gentoo.

Attached: pepedepression.jpg (797x957, 150K)

Son, if you can't handle Arch, Gentoo is going to absolutely destroy your hopes and dreams.

>CoC

I'm not sure if you're shitposting or not but sounds cool I guess.

Which distro is the best?
I'm using ubuntu because i'm a noob, but it feels quite bugy.

Arch is not DIY. You literally just run a pacstrap command to install binaries of the base OS. Then you get to install whatever userland programs you want. It's basically a legos OS, not a DIY OS.

Currently testing out nixos, found the idea really interesting

Arch because LARBs and lazy

Sad that GNOME still hasn't come far enough to delivering jank-free performance. Unfortunately IBM® Red Hat® doesn't care about a real desktop OS.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-07 15-29-13.png (1366x768, 1.24M)

In order in my subjective opinion only.

Debian/MX Linux/Sparky
Gentoo
Arch/Manjaro
OpenSUSE
Deepin
Void

I've used about half of the distros on DistroWatch for at least a day over the years and it's pretty much all dilluted and interconnected. Pick something with a large repository and active development.

Whichever is best for you. Try 20, see which you like.

Does nix replace bash or is it just like an included scripting language?

Use selinux for server work, but will probably set up Arch or Mint on a dual boot when I build my pc. Still haven't decided on KDE or Cinnamon

I don't have the patience for that. Maybe i'll just go back to MS.

try arch senpai
dont kill me for what im about to say lads but...

you could install it with anarchy (a gui for installing arch) and learn how to actually install arch later when you are more experienced

Is it at least more stable? I just wanna do work without broken xservers or mangled initramfs.
You're right user, Lego is a nice way of describing it. If the Lego bricks sometimes spontaneously decided to no longer fit together.

Attached: 1543643963375.jpg (611x761, 92K)

That's what I've done. It's a pain in the ass otherwise.

Arch isn't hard to install. It's knowing what to do after that confuses people. They don't know what packages are needed to set up a desktop and everything they're used to. They're better off using Manjaro which is basically Arch with a choice of pre-installed desktops for you.

For a beginner, I would pick something that comes with a desktop ready install. I would personally suggest a Debian live image.

Nothing is stable in the hands of a mong. You have to have a plan when you install Gentoo, otherwise you've got too many options and angles to screw things up.

Try out Sparky. It's Debian base with some Sparky tools. Can install a basic CLI version. Only gripe I have with Debian is no AUR like repository. So you have to manually add links to sources one by one for things not on the official repos.

anarchy makes you chose a DE on installation
you can choose xfce kde gnome or whatever
lets you choose basically everything actually and install additional packages if you want/need in the same interface

NixOS

Because I'm bored

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

Wine because it's simple and I went with something popular.

Attached: programming.jpg (2560x1440, 522K)

Grab it from here, open as archive:
koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1153470

How you like, user?

I'm using Q4OS. It's just Debian with Trinity (a KDE 3.5 fork) out of the box with nice, sane defaults and they added non-free firmware so all my hardware works. I get a rock solid and familiar base OS and an easy to use GUI.

Attached: snapshot2.png (1280x1024, 266K)

Good shout, I'll do my reading before I give it a shot
I've not heard of Sparky before, thanks

Attached: 1544134699403.gif (180x180, 225K)

Thanks, but I found them on Github already.

Um, I meant Mint.

It's 6am.

Macos.

I'm planning on fully making the switch and it will be with GNOME desktop because wayland is required.

Fedora (for the new kernels) or Ubuntu (for seamless compatibility with Ubuntu server stuff).

I really want to main install Fedora since my old Ubuntu 10.10 - 12.04 systems had constant problems upgrading.

Are Fedora upgrades virtually seamless? The only thing that concerns me is the whole IBM thing and nonproprietary kernel blobs for additional hardware.

Should I just go Ubuntu? I absolutely hated dealing with apt-get repos and dead packages in apt. Is dnf simpler then apt/yum is?

If only Solus had more packages.

Once you get used to Nix, its great

Kubuntu. Looks nice and just works

funtoo
>why
ultimate configuration and stability

need to find a browser that uses less memory than firefox, but doesn't suck

based and redpilled

I don't need new software and I like stability.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-07 15-29-35.png (1600x900, 1.16M)

nice

Attached: file.png (542x73, 28K)

Switch to FreeBSD out of curiosity.
Currently working through the Absolute FreeBSD 3ed Book.
Really enjoying it and it's given me new perspective
on Unix-like systems.

Attached: free_desk.png (889x500, 583K)

what everyone is here for: github.com/fedoradesign/backgrounds/blob/master/default/wide/f29-01-day.png

Attached: F29_wallpaper_beta.png (960x720, 559K)

Antergos on my desktop. I'm a brainlet so I got easy-mode Arch. I wanted Arch because AUR has a lot of software I use.

I have void on my laptop, because I wanted to try something new. If I enjoy it for a couple months, I may install it on my desktop too.

FP - as always - BP.

Cringy in its predictability.

Checked
Is that what the Adwaita icons looks like now?

based dinosaur huh

Attached: serveimage.jpg (773x912, 70K)

Ubuntu Studio because I can't be fucked to spend a billion hours trying to fix all the broken and retarded audio shit on every other distro.
But I've been trying Artix in a VM, and might put it on a partition to use for non-music stuff. I always preferred pacman to apt, plus it has no systemd botnet.

For me it's got to be Windows.

Attached: Screenshot (81).png (1920x1080, 848K)

what terminal is that? i'm using whatever the default is and it SUCKS

It's the Terminus terminal emulator

thank you!

I go through those phases myself but I will say Fedora is just as stable on my T440s and I live and breathe EL7 all day so it's not that I don't like it too.

solus on i5/i7 stuff, mx linux on c2d. trying out straight debian on my librebutted crapple shatbook to save a little ram since it cant have more than 3gb

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-07_17-52-37.png (1280x800, 422K)

CloverOS, it's fast and just werks

I know, maybe at release date is not so stable. I wait a week before upgrading fedora. But again, bug and security fixes come with a whole new dot version, I don't like that because I don't need it. I prefer not to worry about upgrades

been thinking of nuking my mac air and installing fedora. Not sure though. I use fedora + cinnamon on my work computer.

Random question,
does it matter if I want to dual boot from the same hard drive, or is it ok to keep my Windows 10 on C and install a distro on my other hard drive?... Versus installing the distro on another partition of C?

Windows 7 and comfy af

Heres a (You) budaroo

ubuntu because it works and makes all of you fat faggot mad

Linux Mint xfce, it's highly compatible with games - testing on arch / red hat / gentoo based distros didn't quite compare, native games crashed and there were issues with nvidia display drivers including low frame rates and stuttering. installing programs is ezpz like any debian distro. LM was the only Ubuntu flavor, or distro for that matter, that I found where you could turn on V-Sync out of the box and have it stick without using the terminal or giving yourself root to modify or create files that may or may not be the right files. it's also not come out of the box with noticeable bugs [double wifi indicator, "network manager" overriding networking manager] I'm using xfce flavor because it's the only de that I've seen doesn't crash at least once a week and doesn't have redundant docks/menus/bars.

>What distro are you using, and why?
ChromeOS because I value security over privacy

Attached: 834400275.png (1366x768, 207K)

>distro
debian buster/sid
>why?
werks

Fedora for laptops, CentOS for desktops and servers. FreeBSD/OpenBSD/Debian for all of my Pentium 4 hobby machines

This. I keep seeing Arch -or- Manjaro, and the occasional Anarchy, but I don't see any reason to deviate from Arch + easy with Antergos.

Attached: Screenshot_20181208_021154.png (1920x1080, 695K)

Ubuntu, Fedora and CentOS

Void Linux
Maximum comfy; package size only grows (>10k at this point)

Ubuntu, because it just werks. Convince me to use something else.

debian sid. just werks

debian because it's not a corporate product

>I’m using windows ten because I’m indian

Fixed

You're a winshill, enjoy your spyware.
weeaboo
Ballmer will be controling you via excel, enjoy it drone.
Gif of typical macfag.
KYS macfag.
Winfag/non-ironic tripfag.
Enjoy your 10 pound chinkpad.
Ditch the crapintosh, install Debian, cinnamon sucks.
Dual booting is for contrarians and gaymerfags.
KYS too winfag.
Jewgle botnet alert.

I use Arch because I like pacman

Debian because it’s the best

i am using fedora because gnome is easy to use compared to kde and xfce

xfce screentears out of the box. i am too lazy to learn how to fix it. kde has an ugly file manager and too many customization options. i can't fucking find anything

Attached: d0adc71f86809d8c5a18263c2242a2ae.jpg (640x480, 29K)

KDE Neon since i wanted to try kde again on my new laptop, which is also intended for gaming so dual booting with windows.

Attached: Screenshot_20181208_083356.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

Qubes R4
Lenovo ThinkPad T420
16GB RAM
Intel Core i5-2520M
Comfy

Attached: fetched.png (1366x768, 1.09M)

Fedora, because it has some corporate sponsoring behind it (was choosing between this and OpenSUSE, coin toss has chosen Fedora). I like it, works for my normie needs out of the box with almost no tweaks.

Doesn't replace bash, nix can be used to write scripts I believe but I've only use it for the system configuration declarations far.

Kys

Attached: derewigenewfag.jpg (1200x717, 370K)

i might actually switch from fedora gnome to solus budgie

fedora gnome is kind of slow as fuck. takes forever to start up and some times it freezes momentarily when i switch windows

Attached: 816d83cca43afda72fbd9268cbbab55a.jpg (564x1002, 54K)

amazin

Attached: 93204904932.png (808x505, 628K)

Lubuntu because I'm jewish in regards too my spending and I can't justify spending money on a more powerful PC I only browse the internet and do work on

Attached: lubuntu1504.png (1600x927, 328K)

an OS that assimilates other OS's? neat
>boot from usb, loads then blank screen
welp, better luck next time

wat

Based. Lubuntu is literally the best distro.

Kubuntu 18.04
because i like KDE and it jut werks

based

>960x720
nupe, try again

>he thinks his opinion matters

Attached: 1542509978003.png (379x551, 180K)

fedora on desktop
arch on laptop