Are we entering a Golden Age of tech?

>$1000 builds in 2019 now outperforming 3k builds from 2018

Attached: AMD-RX-3080-1030x579.png (1030x579, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MZvxF7SbwLA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hol up nigger none of that stuff is out yet. Prices have not been released, they have been leaked.

Tech used to move this fast 20 years ago.
It stagnated for a long time when AMD did their Bulldozer experiment and Intel took their foot of the accelerator.

was it really an experiment?

golden age of gullible people who believe anything. politicians love it

I’ll believe it when I see it

Can't wait for CES

Attached: 1466578035024.jpg (570x558, 260K)

>Golden Age of tech
we're at the most advanced we could be but lmao profit > progress so no

me too!
either way if it's true or false I will enjoy the shitshow

Nah, that was coincidence. Intel was just lucky enough to discover a load of groundbreaking technology just in time as AMD rose again. There was no holding back at all. Definitely not. Unimaginable that Intel would do that, right?

That being said I don't give a damn about any pre-release babble. I'll form an opinion when it's released and there are benchmarks. I'd love AMD to be competitive again, though. Nvidia needs a competitor again.

adored is a brainlet

I wish this were real

>amd adopting the naming scheme of nvidia card to fool people into buying their new stuff

Yikes.

>if you're still here, I would like you to grab a pinch of salt before watching further

larger numbers means it's better

was on spot with his last few videos which improved his reputation. CES is just around the corner and we will see what happens then

This is pure fantasy, no company would do this.

IF amd has a card that can match up with the 2080 or 2070, expect a 10-20% price cut, at most.

Undercutting the price by 50% is just never happening, that would be AMD leaving free money on the table a time when they're in desperate need of money.

>that would be AMD leaving free money on the table a time when they're in desperate need of money.
if they could sell like 95% of the produced inventory we could see those prices. it all come down to AMD and what they decided to bin/salvage/use for every stack of products. this 'leak' build on this thing.
undercutting by this margin needs to be done to get a foothold in higher segments like 4k60FPS on a budget card like the Navi10, which would be good marketing as they did with 'premium VR for low budget' Polaris.

they're in desperate need of money for quite some time now
I doubt they'd gain much if prices were similar to intel's, who would buy AMD after years of failure?
they need customers more, then they can increase price

>$1000* builds
*double that for anyone outside of US or Germany

fuck, meant to say nvidia's, not intel's

Seriously, you're dreaming, you will NEVER see identical performance to an RTX 2070/2080 for 50% of it's price, at least not until 2020+.

Again, you're full on dreaming user. Undercut Nvidia, sure. But by 10-20%. Not by 50%. That's at the point where they'd literally be LOSING money on each GPU sale. That's retarded and NEVER happening, keep dreaming.

Nah, just a big fuckup.

>Seriously, you're dreaming
i doubt that leak as much as you, so calm down

Attached: 1490983023651.gif (350x291, 932K)

>That's retarded and NEVER happening, keep dreaming.
>he forgot when Intel would literally sell their inventory at a loss to maintain market dominance
AMD's revenues have been increasing since mommy Su took over, this is about gaining market share, not being a niche competitor which is the model they've been following for years
they smell blood in the water and they're going for it

Lmao, i'm screenshotting this, get ready for this to be plastered on Jow Forums for the next year after this never happens

But they're factoring in Nvidia price drops. Nvidia has been Jewing customers for years, their prices are at least 50% air. If AMD were able to put competetive options on the market, Nvidia would drop their prices accordingly

sure, the fuck do I care, you're the one sperging in hopes it isn't the case

I'm screenshoting this too if for some reason you'll decide to not post your screenshot

He is a known lier and shill and i guess everyone is going to ignore that and trust his too good to be true leaks. I cant wait to laugh when adored is btfo again

I'm an old boomer and I remember when there was actual progress. CPUs and GPUs are obviously a lot more powerful now compared to were we were three decades ago but still:

The 80386 was more than twice as fast as the 80286 and that generation also jumped from 16 to 32 bit.

Not sure what you mean by "golden age". Current progress ain't anywhere near twice the performance for about the same price every few years.

>Undercutting the price by 50% is just never happening
Different companies have different strategies. Apple prefers selling fewer units at higher prices with bigger margins. Xiaomi wants to sell as many units as possible and don't mind very thin margins. AMD seems to be willing to sell volume at low margins on the CPU side, right now retail prices for Intel are about 2x AMDs offerings for the same level of performance. I wouldn't be shocked if AMD really does undercut NVidias prices at the same performance-levels to get volume - if they can. This being said: AdoredTVs proposed prices very unrealistic based on GDDR6 prices alone. You have to buy 8 GB GDDR6 to be able to put 8 GB DDR6 on a GPU. AMD can't change or influence that cost.

>you're the one sperging in hopes it isn't the case
Actually the one sperging would be yourself, believing a baseless rumor that can't possibly be true.
come back to reality when you're ready, we'll all still be here.

>wouldn't be shocked if AMD really does undercut NVidias prices at the same performance-levels
Again, NO ONE would be shocked by this, this is 100% expected, but undercutting by 10-20%, MAYYYBE 25-30% if you're fucking incredibly lucky. But it'll never be by 50%, that's just not going to happen, they'd 100% be losing money on that, no matter how you slice it, they can't afford it. Even if it's only for a quarter or two, they can't afford that.

they will probably do the same thing they did with vega. release a few cards at msrp and then let AIO cards be jacked up to absurd amounts

>3080

AMD brainlets and their naming to confuse customers

Attached: 1543814674383.png (592x597, 58K)

>they'd 100% be losing money on that
now thats the verfied leak i'd trust!

>Again, you're full on dreaming user. Undercut Nvidia, sure. But by 10-20%. Not by 50%. That's at the point where they'd literally be LOSING money on each GPU sale. That's retarded and NEVER happening, keep dreaming.

_IF_ Ayymd manages to make Navi the same way Epyc is - which is several chiplets connected on an MCM, then they are limited by TDP alone and can produce any number of designs from - say - one chiplet ( 1/4th of current vega, for the sake of argument ) to 8 or 16.

> 2019
> AMD releases Radeon 3080 which is an MCM chip made of two little dies
> AMD releases Radeon 3090 FUN (Fuck U Nvidia) edition, made of four chiplets
> all this is translucent to software which sees it as a single monster chip.

GPUs are more limited by die size then technology. If AMD manages to pull an Epyc of GPU world, then its all ogre for Novidya.

Depends what sort of fantasy land you wanna pretend to be in.

If in your reality you're only talking about pure production costs, and not R&D time/money, then sure. They probably could afford to manufacture them and sell them for half of what Nvidia does.
BUT, you have hundreds of millions invested into the R&D aspect that you need to finance somehow. And future R&D needs to be paid for years before you make a return on that investment.

>come back to reality when you're ready, we'll all still be here
You retard, I'm not saying that leak is real, I'm saying that pricing like in the OP isn't unrealistic *IF* AMD could actually do it.

Jim was right about Epyc, Vega and RTX and Kyle Bennet mostly corroborated his info. I'd expect the pricing to come in a bit higher, especially after the internet reacting to the leak the way it has, but if the info is fake than Jim and Kyle got had by similar fake info from independent sources.

someone post the AMD hype reality photo pls

But that's literally the MOST retarded aspect of the "leak" not the performance matching Nvidia, the pricing.

Fuck off adored you fucking lying shill you deserve 0 respect

>BUT, you have hundreds of millions invested into the R&D aspect that you need to finance somehow
Sony pays a bunch for Navi, thats not just AMD sinking money into it. what makes it attractive is AMD's binning and recycle to lower segments to increase the yields

(You)

Attached: 1543967850644.png (1560x230, 35K)

You replied this same shit to me 2 days ago you fucking faggot

Attached: 1467327921774.png (2000x1367, 1.49M)

Yes, I often correct people who make evidence free shitposts using the facts. Sorry this upsets you.

If AMD could offer that performance at that price, it would make a lot of sense. Like I said, Nvidia can afford to cut their prices

>leaks
>facts
Stop replying to me adored

Attached: w352345734256.gif (250x220, 1.58M)

sounds like core count is right but pricing and clocks a bit off.
fine by me

Attached: 1498762024584.jpg (445x978, 97K)

I wonder if this guy has a bias or anything

Attached: intel.png (1055x743, 676K)

Intel is getting a new asshole ripped.
youtube.com/watch?v=MZvxF7SbwLA

>being excited for a company comeback after years and years of stagnation in the market
oy vey he's also antisemitic!

no doubt you have a bias on this. keep stealing pol memes you unoriginal pajeets

>believe the leaks or you are jewish

Attached: enough.jpg (436x536, 51K)

What's a pol? Do you mean Jow Forums, you disgusting faggot that is probably of the new persuasion?

>missing the point by a mile
your point is he's not unbiased? really? like he ever said ' I'm totally unbiased here guys! '

Go back to Jow Forums retard

who are you even talking about now? biased people will excuse another person bias if it conforms to their own yes thats a thing

street shitter. I bet you've never even been on Jow Forums

oh boy now we got to the point of name-calling

Attached: 1540921874050.gif (655x378, 254K)

Jow Forums is Jow Forums now

>I bet you've never even been on Jow Forums
Thanks for the 2 (you)'s, though

Attached: Capture.png (368x27, 2K)

so you're one of the newfags ruining the board. bet you reply to every libtard bait thread

>RtX

Nvidia brainlets and their naming to confuse customers

Attached: 1543814674383.png (2048x2044, 637K)

>if Intel can't do it it must be impossible!

This children is why phones are a myth because Intel can't make suitable chips. Jow Forums declared Zen (more specifically what became the 1800x) would never be solved for less than just shy of the 6900k because that would be impossible!

Its also impossible to put 8c on the desktop because if it was Intel would've done it by now but lo and behold two years later look where we are. Jow Forums flat out rejects any reality where Intel isn't number 1 at all times.

Looks believable considering what AMD did with Polaris release. Also explains why RTX series is so shit.

The board was ruined years ago, nigga.

Explain how he was wrong about vega, epyc, rtx, cascade lake then

Big question, is the only thing AMD does now chip designing? I find it hard to like a company which is only kept financially viable by its ownership of x86.

He was wrong about the 8400

yeah lets disqualify everything he says and ignore him now! the stuff he was right about in advance DOESN'T MATTER!

If you actually trust adored to predict the future you have brain damage

Attached: 15118732903992.png (753x960, 29K)

AMD is a fraction the size of Intel and Nvidia. In fact Nvidia (which is smaller than Intel by a huge degree) spends more on R&D a year than AMD is worth in its entirety.

Don't forget that Charlie and Kyle don't count either.

semicustom designs for Xbox and Playstation.
Aka, the new console generation.

AMD Israel closed down years ago.
t. Israeli

Attached: 1540050596062.png (579x440, 234K)

off your medication, i see

Attached: 1519176591796.jpg (275x180, 33K)

What would be the downside of using the new AMD GPUs instead of Nvidia's? I guess, proprietary software/technologies like PhysX? Nobody uses PhysX today anyways. What else? I'm thinking of upgrading to 3080 next year if it ever comes out.

>What would be the downside of using the new AMD GPUs instead of Nvidia's
well, existing is probably their biggest issue, Nivdia cards exist, the AMD RX 3000 series doesn't exist.

this name would be huge fuck you to nvidia, literally loling

2070 is overpriced, it should be at around 350$. I could see amd selling this gpu at 300$.

Attached: 1520284316213.jpg (250x250, 15K)

I could see $299 MSRP with aftermarket cards going up to $350.

Raytracing aka sacrificing a good chunk of your framerate to the jewish gods in exchange of at best slighty better lighting and at worst broken gimmicky reflections

they have been losing money with every vega sale, and thats been verified. With navi they can replace expensive hbm2 with much cheaper gddr6.. die size is also much smaller, vega64 cost what now? 500$? 300-350 seems realistic price of these new navi cards, 250$ is kinda not realistic though.

yup thats the holy grail of gpu, 4x60mm chiplets are much cheaper to produce than 1x240mm chip. If they can make it appear as single gpu to software, its endgame from there. They could literally glue 10 of these chiplets and achieve level of performance impossible for mono die.

>adoredtv

Attached: Tom Cruise kek.gif (630x385, 3.37M)

I can hope it's true. How many years has it been since the 7970 came out? I got a few years out of it and the market didn't look worthwhile enough to upgrade. Then the market went bonkers to the point where I ended up with a 1070 laptop for a grand instead of paying 700 for a Vega last year.

>Actually the one sperging would be yourself, believing a baseless rumor that can't possibly be true.
>no u'ing this hard
lol OK kid

Even if prices/performance are true I can count on an added 200 bucks in my country.

>AMD
stopped reading right there champ

I can buy one from USA and not pay taxes as long as it costs less than 200 USD. Can't wait to get that R5 3600 Tbh

Attached: 1524262826796.png (1334x750, 1.49M)

the msrp of graphics is a meme. If they said 250, more likely than not it will about 320-350 at retail.

You don't understand leaks. I do

This was only the case the last 18 months because of crypto mining, which is dead now

>there are retards who still watch this scottish welfare leech
lel

Attached: 1367844949727.jpg (1200x677, 278K)

>not an argument

Look mom i posted it again

>AMD
Nope. Never again. You coyldn't pay me enough to go back to that worthless trash no matter how many niggerFLOPS you pretend it can do.