meme
>MacOS
less software support
>GNU/Linux
less stable, even less software support than macOS
>VM
what's he fucking point if I can just run a decent OS from the get go

>inb4 botnet
just kill the botnet manually, there's plenty of tools for that. Also botnet is on a hardware level these days anyway.

Attached: wut.jpg (630x615, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#3ba284bf3a23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>LTSC
>slow
Werks on my machine

I got a new laptop (notebook) recently and I was shocked at what Windows has become, previously I had only experienced it through a vm.
>Chugs while doing anything
>LITERAL a(i)ds in the start menu
>inconsistent, confusing mess of a UI
>phones home constantly
>CPU always hitting 100% utilisation, visible performance drops because of it
Do normies actually use this trash?

I miss my old comfy win7 install but microshekels claws have been seeping into it recently

Especially right out of the box, win10 systems are absolutely dog slo, as they try to catch up on updates. OFten the built-in install is just bad and it's best to get the machine fully updated then do a reset to reinstall the OS in situ.

fortunately the ONE thing Microsoft has improved massively over the course of Windows' existence is the (re)install process. Reinstalling Windows roughly once a year has been a thing since 3.1 at the very latest, but now Microsoft has built the functionality right into the OS and you can perform a reinstallation from the control panel.

it's pretty sad that that's one of the few good things about win10

i installed win10 today, because my new motherboard doesn't allow win7 to be installed on it.
asus b450-f

Win10 has already pissed me off....
i want to disable password needed for log on...
i have to use a regedit file change to do it.

Why can't it just be a simple setting?

Windows 10 ships with a bunch of spyware that slows it down, but once you turn it all off it's a modern version of Windows 7.

It fucks me off that you have to spend like 2 hours turning all that shit off, but after you do it is better than Win7.

Win7 is fine though I don't judge you for using it.

>Reinstalling Windows roughly once a year has been a thing since 3.1 at the very latest
Actually I know it very well from older Windows but this stopped being a thing for me on Windows 7. It just werks. Reinstalled it once in seven years.

>once you turn it all off
You can't though, and even if you could it would all get enabled again with the next unavoidable update.

>>GNU/Linux
>less stable, even less software support than macOS
You've never used Linux or MacOS, have you?

>>inb4 botnet
just kill the botnet manually, there's plenty of tools for that. Also botnet is on a hardware level these days anyway.
Those tools are placebo shit. You can't remove the telemetry without breaking your system. All of the botnet has been backported to Winshit 7. And by the way, that "hardware" botnet is only a problem on Intel garbage. AMD's version isn't networked.

Attached: breathesin.jpg (550x392, 18K)

>macOS
>less software support
It's pretty much up to par if not more than Windows. Especially since it's UNIX. Up until this day I haven't stumbled across many instances where I had to have Windows to run something, other than video game purposes, most of the time there's a macOS port/version or there's an alternative for macOS that's way better than whatever is available on Windows.

There's many reasons why you don't or shouldn't run Windows 7 anymore. There have been similar threads about this recently. For me it would come down to this: no security updates anymore, which is very crucial with how insecure Windows systems are. no support for newer CPUs. Windows 7 fresh installs come with a broken Windows updater that takes 24 hours to find the update that fixes the issue. Windows 10 has a bunch of features, like background scrolling and WSL which I wouldn't be able to live without now anymore on Windows.

>AMD's version isn't networked.
sure buddy

That's because you're retarded. Literally one search away it says that to do that, it's exactly the same as to do it on Windows 7. Just run netplwiz and set it up correctly. Why do retards blame the OS when they don't even bother trying to use it correctly.

quit telling W10 niggers about 7, as long as those mongrels stay in their quarantine OS then we wont get any pajeetware updates

You already got the pajeetware updates. Ever since 2015 the telemetry updates have been added to Windows 7. And worst of all, they started bundling security updates with telemetry updates.

AMD doesn't make USB drivers for the motherboard.
its that simple.

Wrong reply there?

funny i can block everything at the router and my system works fine

Attached: 1496737361393.jpg (638x5176, 968K)

>REEEE STOP TELLING THEM ABOUT W7 WE DONT WANT TELEMETRY UPDATES
>"but w7 already got them years ago"
>HAHA FUNNY HOW I CAN BLOCK THE TELEMETRY WITH MY ROUTER ANYWAYS
what the fuck is this shitty discussion? you can block the ones of w10 too in your router, technically.

Windows 8.1 came preinstalled on my laptop. Some configuring, debloating, classic start menu, debotneting and hardening, more slow configuring overtime, and just basic computer management of any of the above. I still get 5-6 hours on the original battery. I've never reinstalled, I don't understand those people.
>Why aren't you [insert focus of autism]?
:) hi!

Attached: kitty_mirror1061flip.jpg (1061x920, 197K)

what a fucking retard lmao

>Winblows 7

>Slow
>Ancient
>Unstable
>Non-unix
>No modern software support
>Harmful
>Botnet
>Bloat

While Linux or Free/Open/macOS BSD just werks. Actually I treat having less software support as a feature. I even take it a step further and don't install anything that's not in my package manager.

Decided to try 8.1 recently instead of reinstalling 7 and I'm never going back
Many things with dual screens at different refresh rates and resolutions work better/right and performance is also improved all around
Sure you have to disable some stuff and mod the UI and everything but you should try 8.1 enterprise n, the patrician windows

Windows 8.1 is literally worthless now that 10 exists. 8.1 still has many of the issues that 8 has, that you even admit you have to fix yourself, even more of these are fixed with Windows 10.

Windows 10 adds much more problems than it fixes compared to 8.1. Most of 8.1's problems can be fixed with Classic Shell which is not true for 10.

Yeah great, you still haven't defeated Microsoft in their own game.
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#3ba284bf3a23

8.1 uses less resources than w10, doesn't come with a full botnet, it fixes many bugs on win7 and still receives updates

Go read the documentation. Prove it's networked, faggot. You can't because it's not. Meanwhile Intel's Management Engine has it's own networking stack and kernel running at ring -3 and it's advertised as an enterprise feature.

Read a book, nigger.

Attached: chigurh.jpg (635x357, 35K)

>muh stability
are you 50?

>why would anyone use any OS other than Windows 7
This but with Windows 10 LTSC
7 is in a coma and obsolete, also good luck playing any future games

Full botnet has been backported to win 8 as well.

Mint Xfce/Cinnamon. More stable than w7, less annoying to use because it has better gestures and a more polished desktop experience. I legit cannot use w7 anymore. The only good thing about w7 is the pretty transparency in UI.
>software support
The 40 missing applications are irrelevant for normal desktop use. If you have a job that requires adobe, VS or some custom IDE then you should have a separate work machine. Anything else already exists and has a better alternative on Linux. 90% of windows software is trashware or freemium placebo garbage.
Meanwhile, I can't use windows because it doesn't have KDE Connect.

Quidsup doesn't appear to be using Enterprise LTSB and I guarantee that Twitter link didn't disable shit properly
I tested LTSB myself after tweaking and shit didn't connect
I know this board is filled with paranoia but really Microsoft isn't going to risk the humongous business loss and lawsuits that would come with secretly spying on the versions of Windows used in government organisations and large businesses that require confidentiality

Basically.

Attached: 1542431395764.png (331x132, 40K)