Why didn't you chip in yet, user?

Why didn't you chip in yet, user?

Attached: Screenshot 2018-12-08 at 16.59.30.png (1234x304, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/1dj2E
archive.is/rvg1V
archive.is/DKfyZ
archive.is/bMsnQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_hormone_therapy_(male-to-female)
foundation.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Staff_and_contractors&oldid=116650
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thought it was (((Wikipedia))) at first but the Internet Archive is based and redpilled so I'm unironically gonna donate

This. Fuck ((((((Wikipedia)))))) and fuck CIA niggers.

What's wrong with Wikipedia?

It hardly works when I try to find a screenshot of a website. In 75% of the cases I just find a blank page.

I just did. Thanks, OP.

Google employees and their $700k can pitch in. I'm earning pocket change at my shit-tier dev job.

Shit policies and a rotten community. Jimmy Wales is either encouraging all the things that make Wikipedia worse or does not give a shit, and therefore deserves zero money.
Besides, the Wikimedia Foundation is extremely bloated for what it does, and IA needs your money more than WMF does.

I threw in a 1000 so my The Guardian collection doesn't get memoryholed, here a sample.

The Guardian "journalism" on Venezuela
archive.is/1dj2E
archive.is/rvg1V
archive.is/DKfyZ
archive.is/bMsnQ

Blame (((JavaScript))) for that

@archiveis is not the Internet Archive and as far as I can tell does not accept one-time cash donations. Did you donate $1000 to the wrong service?

I blocked the element lmao

The best part about the Wikipedia begging is how little of the money actually goes to hosting.

Yeah, a random retarded user just gave away a thousand dollars

But I did, and will do it again

Overhead really does walk on two legs. The fuck do they even need this many employees for?

Attached: 1532375428405.png (688x759, 30K)

They probably have a dozen people doing bullshit diversity jobs.

I did, and I also donate whenever they do something retrogaming related (helping to cover the scanning cost or boiling chips in hot acid). GO ARCHIVE GO!

I used the maybe later thing to email myself a reminder

Despite what the mindless shitposting would have you believe, wikipedia remains an invaluable source of information. I probably will donate at some point in the future.

Because they host DRM-encumbered ebooks.

Admins like Zzuuzz and Oshwah.

holy fucking shit

>internet hosting: 2,169,861
>donation processing expenses: 3,809,286
oh wow, it costs them more just to sort out the donations than to host all of wikipedia?

ignoring other people id say the lack of support for small articles. rather than retaimimg info on smaller subjects thats properly sourced they choose to delete it instead

cringe and blue pilled

You won't see anything remotely controversial there, because NPCpedia upholds the (((status quo))).

>What's wrong with Wikipedia?
It is wholly taken over by autists of the wrong kind, awarding each other barn stars for savaging or deleting otherwise fine articles.

t.Former contributor who had enough.

The jews want money.

because wikipedia can suck my cock, every meme your 5th grade teacher told you about le sources is 100% true.
The entire HRT article was written by some chink tranny in NYC that sucked my dick off grindr once. Absolute autist, he even had the balls to put a picture of himself as proof that the hormones work or something.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_hormone_therapy_(male-to-female)

Everything written on that shitehole after around 2013 is completly unfactual garbage. It's not even good enough to get the gist of something then research it further.
it needs a sergey honestly.

Attached: The world is not dying, it is being killed. And the people that are killing it have names and addres (993x934, 61K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: MTF_hormone_replacement_therapy_before_after.png (800x534, 1.22M)

Non-profit doesn't mean the employees don't get paid. However Jimbo is indeed a scumbag.

exactly
>before and after (at different angles)

I don't donate to anybody but if i did i would donate to waybackmachine. I would NOT donate to wikipedia.

Works out to a bit over 4% of all donations, which does seem excessive. For reference, PayPal takes 2.7%, and direct payments via Visa/MasterCard seem to cost even less to process. Maybe Wikimedia has to pay more to accept foreign currencies or something, though.

I'm not giving you money for a service I don't use

Attached: wtf.jpg (640x640, 167K)

Yeah, I get that, but how many of those people do you think are actually doing something useful?

foundation.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Staff_and_contractors&oldid=116650
(out of date by a few months, but in a stunning display of technical competence their new staff page is broken)

Some highlights:
>a 30-person team (3x bigger than the core MediaWiki team and about the size of all of their sysadmin teams put together) that appears to be responsible solely for the stupid fucking money-sink visual editor that nobody likes
>a 13-person "communication" team responsible for only for "openly and effectively sharing information about the Wikimedia movement"
>a 10-person team responsible for "supporting communications between the Wikimedia Foundation staff and Wikimedia stakeholders" (which is apparently their corporate word for "users")
>11 people responsible for UX design and "design research" on multiple teams
>11 analytics people on multiple teams

To be fair, it looks like a third of the people on this list are engineers of some sort, and as many as a third of those might even be useful engineers. This is much better than most companies. But I still think it's highly wasteful for a nonprofit and they don't deserve any more money for now.

>This organization employs people in roles that literally every other tech company does!
I don't understand your complaint. Would you rather they got 75 mil in donations and didn't spend it on anything?

I don't know, user. Maybe I am retarded. This looks more like the Uber of foundations, though, not like any of the tech companies I admire.

If by status quo you mean objective facts, you're right.

>Uber
It's different with a 501(c)(3), there are no shareholders they can return money to, no stock they can buy back, no investment funds they can funnel cash into, if they get a windfall of donations they basically have to spend them on more campaigns.

>i don't know what a 501c is

im unemployed

there probably is a bunch of currency conversion fees

Wikimedia wouldn't see those, though. They're not taken from the USD amount, like the processor cut is, they're added on top and the donor has to support them.

just look at the gamergate article