So I noticed the ipad on sale and thought seriously about buying it but then checked out the reviews for the screen and...

So I noticed the ipad on sale and thought seriously about buying it but then checked out the reviews for the screen and was massively dissapointed. Do I really have to get an android tablet if I want a good screen?

Also why is it as bad as it is? There have been 5ms computer monitors since like a decade ago, how has ips display tech on tablets made that tech WORSE?

Attached: Comb08122018012145.jpg (1287x805, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

displayspecifications.com/en/model/8ad47a5
rtings.com/monitor/tests/motion/motion-blur-and-response-time
tftcentral.co.uk/specs.htm
notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPad-Pro-12-9-2018-LTE-256-GB-Tablet-Review.357701.0.html
notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S4-Tablet-Review.355006.0.html
notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-A-10-5-SM-T590N-Tablet-Review.338520.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hate Apple as much as the next Jow Forumstard, but iPads are the only decent tablets on the market in terms of form factor for media consumption (and some drawing, reading, note taking)

Android tablets are literally so much worse when it comes to touch screen latency. Though I hear the Windows Surface tablets are decent.

If you want a tablet, you can't go wrong with either an iPad or Surface, though it's entirely dependent on what you're going to be doing with them.

That's not what I'm asking though, I want a tablet with a good screen, at least to my understanding response time this high means an unpleasant eye strain and motion sickness from frames persisting after a new one is made (ie ghosting) worse than pic related (14ms screen).

Attached: Dy0MAuC.jpg (3120x4160, 992K)

It literally says that it is in the top 11% of devices. Why don't you go to Best Buy and check for yourself?

I don't care, here is an old computer monitor all the way back from 2011: displayspecifications.com/en/model/8ad47a5

It has an average response time of just 12ms. How is it possible that a decade later ips displays have gotten WORSE?

First off, the response time in that spec sheet is only for 1 transition, whereas the one in your screenshot is for both the up and down transition. Also it's probably made up.
You can see a comparison of actual measured response times on monitors on Rtings. Note that only GAYMEN monitors have response times of less than 12ms. Even extremely expensive Ultrasharps don't reach that.
rtings.com/monitor/tests/motion/motion-blur-and-response-time

>First off, the response time in that spec sheet is only for 1 transition, whereas the one in your screenshot is for both the up and down transition.
Source?

That's literally how it's always measured. Only notebook check considers both directions.

>complains about iPad having not top of the line display
>waitwhat.jpg
>HE IS TALKING ABOUT THE CHEAP ASS BOTTOM OF THE BARREL IPAD
AHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Not a valid source.

>"Response time is measured as the rise time (tR) and fall time (tF) of a pixel as it changes black > white > black. This is effectively the time it takes to change a pixel from one colour to another and the total ‘response time’ is quoted as the total of the tR + tF. Be wary of the figures manufacturers quote, as sometimes the ‘response time’ can be quoted as just the rise time, and not the total response time. This measurement of the black > white > black transition was defined as the ISO standard for response timemeasurements."

tftcentral.co.uk/specs.htm

>Be wary of the figures manufacturers quote, as sometimes the ‘response time’ can be quoted as just the rise time, and not the total response time

It's actually somehow WORSE on the newest 2018 LTE 256GB ipad """pro""" on the GtG response times.

notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPad-Pro-12-9-2018-LTE-256-GB-Tablet-Review.357701.0.html

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-08-14-23-39(1).jpg (720x824, 186K)

As if there are Android tablets still made.

Right and nothing I can find online states displayspecifications.com lists the incomplete response time. I would be thrilled if you could post a source on that fren.

>relatively slow response rate that may be too slow for gamers
>oscilloscope screenshot of TTL run through a capacitor (lol)
>fucking massive range of values from other devices of the same model
never read user reviews on a product's store page

*dabs*

notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S4-Tablet-Review.355006.0.html

Attached: lagdroid_amirite_guis.jpg (514x246, 22K)

Also, just to highlight how much OP is a cocksucking retard, he is judging a screen ONLY based on response time.
Listen here buddy, you have two options:
1) want to use the tablet with the pen? For that shit price Apple is the best choice, even with a """""slow""""" response time
2) want to use it normally? The reponse time DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER EVER
2.1) what to use it for gaming? Just go back, please

see
Also do you even know what high response time does to your head? I practically get sea sick.

If you want a good tablet with a good screen your only options are the iPad Pro, Surface Pro (not Surface Go) and maybe the Galaxy Tab S4 but Android for tablets has been completely abandoned software wise

What do you want me to see? A fucking plastic shit tablet with terrible pen quality and with 5 months of updates left?

notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-A-10-5-SM-T590N-Tablet-Review.338520.0.html
OHNONONO

Attached: 1544298630.png (1367x1097, 340K)

>Tab A
no shit it's a budget tablet and a bad one at that

Costs the same as the iPad.

see
You're right about the software though. Good thing we still have termux tho.

Android is garbage on tablets though. And why do you even need 5ms on a tablet? Are you playing competitive CS:GO? Moron.

Android has Clover, Tachiyomi, and Youtube Vanced, which don't exist on Apple.

@68843685

You don't even get a (You)

tab A was never good desu, I was gifted one for christmas last year and oh god does that thing lag. Still doesn't mean there aren't good android tablets out there.

In what way? Both basically do the same thing, ipads just basically have a different UI and a glowing fruit on the back. Also + termux

Don't put me in the same category as you. I'm not a retard who uses a terminal on my tablet.

I don't either though, I just type "bash scrip_here.hs" and do whatever it is that I want.

Most non-OLED tablets don't have fast screens. That being said, you're not going to get eye strain from that, it's not like it's an early 2000's LCD screen where the smeary ghosting makes every animation a jumbled mess. I have a Surface Pro and the screen is similarly slow, but it's entirely fine even for video. I wouldn't use it for competitive gaming or some shit, but the response time isn't bad enough to hamper other uses.

>Do I really have to get an android tablet if I want a good screen?

Attached: 1523990762432.jpg (800x900, 100K)

>HE IS TALKING ABOUT THE CHEAP ASS BOTTOM OF THE BARREL IPAD

He thinks paying $799 plus tax for a tablet you can sit on is a good idea.

iPad screens -- even the non pro iPads -- are literally cream-of-the-crop Samsung and LG panels, better than any other tablet out there. Gaming is excellent and there is no motion sickness or fatigue due to response time. But you will not be happy with it because you take spec tests as gospel. You shouldn't get an iPad. Amazon's fire tablets are cheap and probably more your speed.

I also like installing what I want and not what Apple tells me is okay to install.

Then go get a Polaroid or Sharp tablet at your local dollar store. It will be way better than an iPad! Complete freedom!

see

I see! OMG iPad has a shitty screen, no one knows this! Finally the house of cards that is Apple shall tumble and fall! I'm ordering an Android tablet on AliExpress as we speak, thanks guise!

Whatever you say tim cuck. Bull market amirite?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-08-16-11-47(1).jpg (720x939, 138K)

Attached: 1544303653.png (1151x1060, 112K)

Holy shit, this Apple company is going down the fucking tubes! Deathwatch starts now.

My 12" iPad Pro always hurts my eyes to look at. Gonna give it to my dad as a spite gift.

Go to a bestbuys or apple store and test the screen out for yourself.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1529348749701.gif (500x491, 376K)

You don't have to, see I mean you can walk into best buy with expensive equipment to measure screen response time yourself but I don't think best buy would let you use it anyway.

I couldn't find a tablet general in the catalog so I figured I might as well ask here. I was recently given an old as dirt Android tablet from like 2010, and it's painfully slow. Are there any tricks or mods I can use to make it faster? Google isn't turning up a whole lot other than the usual "disable apps lol" and other shit that everybody knows.

>2010
That thing probably has like 256MB RAM, it's complete trash at this point.

see setting background limit to like 1 might help

bad meme, Samsung and Huawei Mediapad tablets are fine, only I've used the Nexus 9 and that was a piece of shit

It's not even plastic you retard.

Similar question. What's the modern equivalent to the Nexus 7 in terms of bang for buck? I want to play my gacha shit games

It has 2013 value smartphone internals. It’s a piece of shit

Tachiyomi is trash, clover is a meme for faggots and if you use YouTube you are a tool and none of those apps require fast response time. You’re a fucking moron

>Also do you even know what high response time does to your head? I practically get sea sick.

No you don't you fucking spergelord.

The iPad you’re looking at is the entry level old tech Apple is selling fro $300.
You gotta spend over $700 now to get the real iPad now.

dude 20 ms is nothing.

my ipad air2 works fucking awesome. use it as a controller for FL studio with IL Remote.
super fast response time. seems like near 0 latency. turn a nob on the ipad... no delay on pc screen. No delay in sound.
games work fine too.

I think the iPad Air 2 was the last good regular iPad before they started to used cheap shit on the regular iPad line and use all the top specs on the Pro line.

I have a first gen iPad air. It’s the same body and screen. No problems whatsoever. A bit heavy imo but at least it doesn’t snap. If I’d buy a new iPad that 6th gen would be my choice. No Android based tablet that’s good out there.

The iPad 6th Gen is more repairable and is a lot tougher since it's not a thin as a piece of cardboard. It's also 1/3 the price of a Pro.
It's the Thinkpad of iPads.

Poo in loo Pajeet.

This post is brought to you by Gearbest, don't forget to reply to this post for a 10% discount.

based

Based.

The Sharp thing is so weird, in japan they are still a relatively high end brand but are absolute garbage paddlers over here.

But i guess its impossible to compete with the Samsung marketing machine in the west.

Attached: 43B07F17-190B-4339-905D-7B2BC5D1CD05.jpg (3638x2048, 562K)

Mi Pad 4 (Plus)

You can thank me later.

Attached: 1538016352352.jpg (514x635, 254K)