Why don't you get a sysadmin job and make 6 figures?

Why don't you get a sysadmin job and make 6 figures?

Attached: 1516006069236.png (603x622, 195K)

>sysadmin
>6 figures
Maybe if you have 10 years of experience. Nobody is going to pay 6 figures for some retard to install Adobe reader on all the machines.
Either way, the cloud is killing admin jobs. You would have to be a huge idiot to get into this field.

Because of docker

>the cloud
>killing anything
LMAO it's a fucking meme that literally doesn't mean anything

I don’t qualify for reasons:
1. Straight
2. White
3. Christian
4. Male
5. English only

I clearly don’t fit in with SJW womans/lgbtxyz rights corporate culture that infests silicuck valley like the plague it is.

>Be an asshole
>Want to be an open asshole
>Get upset when people don't want you around
hmmm

But there are plenty of white males working in silicon valley, just take a look on linkedin.

>a $200 billion dollar industry is a fucking meme that literally doesn't mean anything

1) More interested in the creation side of IT than the maintenance.
2) Sysadmins are slaves to their cell phones, not too infrequently having to be called in for overnight when shit goes wrong.
3) I already make more money than I know what to do with and $120k or a hugely meaningful threshold for me. It would mean that I would retire quicker, but be more miserable in the meantime.

hey retard, ur right but ur using a stupid point so shut the fuck up.

If you wanted to BTFO the tard you could have explained that cloud computing is killing sysadmin jobs because they're not needing a fucking sysadmin to manage something hosted on a big provider HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I AM SO FUCKING HIGH and u guys are so fucking dumb ur like ants

Because I don't have any friends or connections to tech industry jobs.
Am I supposed to go to some small company and offer to become their IT guy and run their computers?

>Switch back to a timesharing style of computing with main servers doing work on behalf of clients
>Something that has been done since the 1960s
>Call it "the cloud"

Attached: 1513404326301.jpg (2798x2422, 530K)

The industry wasn't $200 billion in the 60s.

Lmfao, I guess nice job for outting that you've never worked in any computer-science related industry? Congrats?

Pivotal (a single company that does Cloud Foundry work) is worth $4 billion USD alone. Cloud platforms and PaaS as a whole is *THE* thing and has been *THE* thing for quite some years now. With Kubernetes exploding, cloud-native app development is as accessible for the average person with a computer and a desire to host something.

Is The Cloud(tm) killing jobs? Absolutely. I don't work for Pivotal but I work for a similar company and we standup PaaS's for company's. I can't tell you how hostile some employees can be when they final realize we're here to disable their IaaS and instead their company is moving everything over to an externally managed platform.

But while The Cloud(tm) is killing syadmin jobs, it's creating a massive amount of app developers and personnel that manage the cloud itself (distributed systems engineer/cloud engineer are terms I hear frequently). It's incredibly niche, but that's just how shit works. The more advanced computing gets the more specialized someone has to be.

I don't want to lose my job in the next 5 years due to Docker kthx

Having a centralized server which can be accessed over a network of terminals but requires heavy physical labor to modify the software architecture of is not even remotely similar to the distributed universe of servers designed for generic, distributed hosting, and a colony of visualized "serverless" deployable microservices, supporting databases, message queues, and other intercommunication and durable, asynchronously-maintained state mechanisms.

Frankly, you're being obtuse for suggesting it.

>muh cloud
Funny how Pajeet companies keep falling for this shit

What company isn't a "Pajeet" company according to you then?

>it's not me; it's the children who are out of touch

I'd love to hear your thesis as to how we're supposed to scale computing resources to sufficiency meet the current demands in a stable, maintainable manner.

But I already work for Amazon

Eyyy fellow AWS DevOps? Manhattan HQ reporting.

Relying on other companies to keep your data secure is a recipe for disaster. I've been working with computers since PDP was still common terminology. "The Cloud" is just a fad that will have its flaws exposed in time.

Is wagecage real?

Jow Forums is probably the most out-of-touch board on all of 4channel

That explains why billion dollar banking companies are moving to the cloud.

If you have no transactional trust-based relationship with other companies, then you might have a product (in the same way that an organic farm has a product), but you most definitely do not have a service. And services print more money, so sorry you're so hung up on your anti-business OCD.

Thanks for your very enlightened opinion. What is "your" data in this sense? Because we're not talking about fucking Google Drive here. We're talking about large-scale (tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands) of individual bare-metal servers combined as a mesh to host software. Companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Google, et. al have just as much of a stake in keeping their hardware secure & their IaaS safe just as much as a singular company keeping their IaaS safe.

Chances are any single company is much safer in a managed environment then hiring their own and building their own IaaS. What their software does specifically, that's anyone's guess. But for "The Cloud" itself, I'd trust AWS over Lowe's sloppy vSphere install any day.

Main HQ.

Not that I've heard. That incident with a robot accidentally crushing a can of bear spray and gassing some FC guys is real though.

>Why don't you get a sysadmin job and make 6 figures?
Because I have an in demand engineering degree. I'd rather earn my six figures like a white man instead of turning printers on and off and configuring VMs.

>engineering
>in demand
boomer detected

>engineerjobs. com
>sort by computer or electrical engineering
>sort by entry level
>literally hundreds of thousands of openings

Enjoy your glorified IT position, Mr. Network """""""""Engineer""""""""""

Attached: hitOrMiss.jpg (640x1024, 47K)

>Engineering
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH How does it feel having a sub 150 IQ?

>Relying on other companies to keep your data secure is a recipe for disaster.
nah not really.
my company has been doing development, support and maintenance of some legacy shit for a telecom operator since 1995 (at this point I have no idea why the client hasn't hired all the staff to cut the middleman but whatever) and the most disastrous thing that happened was our company forgot to pay the internet bill few years back and we had it cutoff for nearly 10 hours which is still the most hilarious story everyone tells to new hirees.

I'm in engineering too, tard.

Too many graduates and not enough jobs are going to drive wages down to pajeet computer tiers soon, especially since nobody wants to talk about engineering outsourcing. Happy you made it friend, but you reek of DUDE JUST GET A STEM DEGREE LMAO type of boomer

Engineering is still in massive demand. I have a BS in CS and fucking Northrop Grumman wanted me to do aerospace engineering shit. When I explained to the guy in the office I'm just here to write antenna-related software, he said they'd pay for school "go learn aerospace, please".

I'd never work for Northrop again, but still, shows the demand.

Working on it. I'm currently in the phase of dropping out of college, I'm going to earn some money working as a programmer, I basically already have the job. Then I'm gonna get some certifications, and when I have enough money I'll look for a good sysadmin job

>sysadmin job
>6 figures
Pick one.

>Docker == Cloud
Nice try retard

i already make $100k as a data engineer