Firefox

Why does Mozilla keep adding pointless shit?

The lastest version adds their built in Amazon affiliate link, and I don't see any way to disable it.

Attached: Annotation 2018-12-08 192931.jpg (235x37, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2018/10/17/searching-made-faster-the-latest-firefox-exploration/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/06/not-ok-google-chromium-voice-extension-pulled-after-spying-concerns/
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1480504
blog.mozilla.org/inclusion/2018/04/19/diversity-and-inclusion-at-mozilla/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They need to make money, and they keep blowing most of their existing financial resources on diversity programs. All that's left is selling out their users.

What browser do I use now? And will I need to install a fuck-ton of addons, like with Firefox?

Waterfox, it's what Firefox should be and removes all the bullshit that Mozilla adds.

Google

What do you mean built in affiliate link?

I see no evidence whatsoever of this being true. Are you OK?

Attached: retard.jpg (673x790, 71K)

ungoogled-chromium

op got pwned by adware

Absolutetly fucking delusional, straight from Mozilla's own page:
>Not only are users benefiting from a new utility, they are also helping Mozilla’s financial sustainability.

blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2018/10/17/searching-made-faster-the-latest-firefox-exploration/

>keep adding pointless shit?
Not pointless, they're paid for.

Follow the instructions they gave and remove it then retard.

>capitalism good
>i think people should work for free though and making money with ads is bad

It appears to be called Search Shortcuts. Searching "Search Shortcuts disable Firefox" results in 0 useful links. This is bad, real bad.

Waterfox is unviable in the long term. Currently Alex (the developer of Waterfox) only adds security patches to the browser, but there will come a time when Mozilla makes changes in Firefox that will not be easily ported to Waterfox, and that is when there will be real problems in maintaining the development of the browser.

Doesn't work you stupid faggot, why do you think I made the thread?
Also
>unironically defending more shitty moves for the user on a browser with already plummeting marketshare

That is to enable and disable One-Click Search Engines. Search Shortcuts is something new because One-Click wasn't getting as many hits as Firefox wanted it to. It's right in the article. If you're going to tell someone to follow instructions, at least know what the fuck you are talking about.

Works perfectly. I removed them when they first showed up a good while back.

Google Chrome doesn't have this problem.

You're right, there will be a time when computers evolve beyond the internet so we should stop using it right now.

Prove it. Show me you typing "@amazon lmao" in the search bar on FF 63 without taking you to an Amazon link with mozilla as the sourceid, and then setting you changed to stop it from happening.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Anima Yell! - 03 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.51_[2018.10.21_15.53.52].jpg (1280x720, 102K)

>WOOOOOOW I typed the affiliate link and it sent me to the affiliate link how could this happen to me

So basically, you can't?
Thought so, faggot.

I removed the home page links from my "top sites". Why in fuck would I search "@amazon" ever?

Literally a Windows 10 shill tier argument.
>just ignore it lol

>Follow the instructions they gave and remove it then retard
just remove the whole browser and install chromium you dorks

Literally a fucking retard tier argument.
>no one will ever make me type a specific search string that will utilize Mozilla's Amazon affiliate codes, but if I wanted to I could, and it would help them, but I would never want to and will never be forced to, but the fact that I could at all, were I to want to, triggers me because I am a fucking mong.

Waterfox is even more shit, kys.

Are you fucking retarded? Who the FUCK searches for "@" anything? I also don't see anything when I search for "@amazon something".

This. This thread is shitposting.

>yeah sure there is literally youtube tier money making shit in my browser that can't be disabled, but at least i can ignore it!!!!!!!!!!

Use GNU/Icecat

>2018
>not using chrome/chromium/ungoogled-chromium
lmao

*downloads proprietary blob in the background without your knowledge*
heh nothing personnel kiddo

Wake me when it requires anything other than a specific, willed action, that no one would ever do without them having told you. I agree that its mere presence is less than ultimately ideal, in that it adds a few lines of code, and the ultimate ideal would be to have to fewest possible lines of code to accomplish only those tasks which I will personally only ever wish to use.

>you know what, Firefox is shit because it has addon support. I can literally just download a malicious addon and infect my computer. But sure, I can just ignore addons right? No, FIREFOX IS SHIT AND FUCK ALL ADDONS AND SO IS CHROME. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>I don't see any way to disable it.

Attached: ss (2018-12-08 at 22.29.13).png (849x591, 223K)

Doesn't disable the thing shown in OP picture.
Read the thread before responding, faggot.

I don't see why it would not work, faggot.

How the fuck did you get it enabled in the first place? My Firefox doesn't have this shit.

Hmm?

Attached: file.png (1123x438, 63K)

Attached: Untitled.png (1127x404, 58K)

>current year
>using firefox

We've already covered this where I mentioned having removed it from Top Sites, but one can still search "@amazon" in the bar and it still works, faggadocious.

Have you tried removing the search engine or changing its keyword?

Attached: ss (2018-12-08 at 22.35.34).png (704x493, 22K)

Oh, in case you need further proof, here's the blank about:config for it. The "@" search bullshit still works.

Dunno, it's enabled for me on latest build downloaded today.

Attached: file.png (1108x26, 2K)

I always remove all search engines but DDG, Google, and Bing, in the search prefs.

user, I did all of this shit before making this thread.

Attached: file.png (710x290, 8K)

Thanks for pointing this out OP. The one feature I missed from chrome was being able to start typing a site's name and hit tab to search that site. Only problem is I can't figure out how to add new sites to this; I have stackoverflow and youtube installed as search engines, but they don't seem to have any @ prefix for them.

Great, can't be disabled, so now we're gonna be stuck between this and chrome/chromium.
What other browers offer this much extension support, is waterfox the only way at this point?

Just add a keyword to it and you can type "g gay sex with hats" to search.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-08 22-40-54.png (824x202, 18K)

Do you have any choice?

Why turn that off at all?

ok I couldn't disable it either

Which downloads binaries after install with Google spyware.
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/06/not-ok-google-chromium-voice-extension-pulled-after-spying-concerns/

Icecat and you'll need to install umatrix at least. I also regularly use the addons modify request headers and change user agent and violentmonkey

>2015
>article not even about ungoogled-chromium
great job you fucking retard

See

use UC Browser

It's just a proof of concept about how chromium is never really "ungoogled". Even if the source is open they'll always find a way to cuck you.

>chromium and ungoogled-chromium are the same thing
great job you fucking retard

>implying placebo-chromium is really "ungoogled"

prove it :^)
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

>literal trash, malware and worst performing browser
Kys Indian

t. sjwfox

Poo

>he doesn't have a blank page set as default
>he doesn't have restore previous session with 2000 tabs enabled

Attached: 1505798336281.jpg (720x471, 41K)

This already existed, only you had to add it on your own with bookmarks.
So, for example, I can search libgen by typing "lib bookname"
Why add add redundant features?

>he doesn't read the thread before responding

I have FF open right now and I don't have any Amazon bullshit anywhere

Same. I can't get @anything to work.

it's ff62+
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1480504

I'm on the 63.0.3 which is latest.

Latest stable*

prove me the opposite. I'm not the one who needs any warranty since I'm not the one using that product, so I don't give a shit about proving you that it's a bad product. you should be the one to really be confident that a little handful of code monkeys in their free time are able to constantly fool a huge multinational with millions invested on that product which is designed, engineered and developed 99% by them, and this by only patching the final result time by time. but it's not like you're entrusting your privacy to them, right?

>We are currently exploring how to expand this utility outside of the US
are you a dirty foreigner?

>US only
Lmao, enjoy getting cucked.

Attached: IMG_20181208_234423.jpg (1800x1325, 236K)

>land of the free slaves

The burden of proof is on you.

looks like for someone here privacy is just a fanboy war to do on a congolese comics website. you're gonna go far kid.

>no argument
ok retard, don't make a claim next time when you can't back it up :^)

>typing @google when I could just type !g
>typing @amazon when I could just type !a
FF is not long for this world

How dare someone profit off of a product they made with zero support from me! I am outraged. And to think. The money they are getting is not affecting the users in any way. So outraged right now. I need to post a gif of me hitting my cock with a hammer on Tumbler right now.

They need to move to Chromium engine

>you can't criticize a free product

>The money they are getting is not affecting the users in any way.
OH NO NO NO
blog.mozilla.org/inclusion/2018/04/19/diversity-and-inclusion-at-mozilla/

They're wasting money on diversity/SJW propaganda. They obviously already get enough money otherwise they wouldn't wipe their assess with it.

You can. And I can call you a fucking moron for how you choose to do it. Welcome to freedom.

vivaldi

> I can call you a fucking moron for how you choose to do it
How else are you supposed to do it, faggot?
If anything, pestering the developers of a free product is even more entitled, which is exactly your point.

So making sure they have a voice from all their user groups represented is negatively affecting you or us? You know Mozilla is not just Firefox right?

Quite literally yes, money is being spent on pointless diversity shit instead of developing a good browser.
Neck yourself.

You do it by picking something of value to get upset about.

well that settles things I suppose

Attached: 1520209792350.png (1235x650, 298K)

Value is subjective.

Mozilla is not just Firefox. You should have known this before.

And Firefox is by far their largest product and where most of their resources are allocated.
Hell, I can't even name anything else they do off the top of my head.

$0. That is the cost to you for this change. You are upset over zero dollars and zero cents.

Then you need to educate yourself in their diversity. Good thing they are spending money on it.

>stands on your desk
>take a big fat shit on it
>$0. That is the cost to you for this. You are upset over zero dollars and zero cents.

It's almost like that's what invariably happens when you fire everybody competent and wind up with lunatics running the insane asylum

Attached: bait (2).jpg (1144x862, 714K)