How fucked is Jow Forums if there is a recession in 2020?

Just like how being a web developer/web master was the "sexiest career" prior to the 2000 dot com crash, how fucked are programming related jobs specifically in app development, machine learning and data science if there is a similar global economic crash around 2020 or 2021? Which jobs will be safe and which are most likely to get axed?

>pic unrelated

Attached: IMG_5389.jpg (1118x1677, 609K)

i'm from the future. in the next recession the neoluddites win and all the jobs are abolished

>implying most people here have jobs

i thought we were still on the 2007 recession?

People will always want games

this.

regardless of how shit the pay is in game development

Yea but there are plenty of free games.

not much
these things are deeply rooted and the industry seems to be periodically sacrificing new hires to the dark gods (my country of 5.5 million has 15,000 open IT jobs after a straight decade of everyone and their dog getting a relevant education in the field already [got to the point where we don't have enough people to build our fucking houses and fix our shit now])
even if there is a huge economic crisis, zombies won't give up their daily dose of staring into their handheld electric jew

i want the recession to happen so i am not the only neet

Attached: 1544300705956.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

lmao game development is not a real career. Its on the level of becoming a film director, animator, or musician. only a small percentage of people actually make a living wage out of it. most have to find 2nd or 3rd jobs to fund their "passion".

how old is she...

Does she have a penis?

looks 45

god i wish that were me

>fed rising interest rates
>end of QE
>china/USA trade war
>heightened tensions in the middle east, Russia/Ukraine and south china seas
>rising taxes and fuel prices under the pretext of stopping global warming
don't worry user.
we will not only have a recession but a world war 3 in our life time

Attached: 1477709496055.png (714x712, 788K)

>world war 3
no

Software salaries are a huge bubble that will eventually burst. The industry has realized the vast majority of software related jobs are brainlet tier and don't justify a high salary. Why pay 6 figures for a CS grad to do some dumb HTML shit when some guy in the Ukraine who took a 6 week online bootcamp can do the same thing for $15/hr?

Salaries are going to bifurcate - most CS jobs will pay mediocre wages, while a handful of programmers who are specialized or just real fucking smart get paid even more than they do now.

Salaries for shit like deep learning/data science will hold for a while, but will eventually move in the same direction.

I maintain code for a businesss which core is completely non IT related and won't be automated so fast. I feel safe.

I just make divorce contracts. So in a recession we'll probably need extra people.

>Salaries for shit like deep learning/data science will hold for a while
with the rate they are pumping out PhD students every year, I doubt it

Demand for data science is unreal right now. Salaries will hold at least until they start hiring people straight from undergrad. desu most data science work doesn't require a PhD level person, the industry just hasn't quite figured that out yet.

I'm seriously considering just getting a job in the pot industry. Seems a lot less stressful.

>the industry just hasn't quite figured that out yet.

its only something ridiculous like 100 - 200k in america. come to the UK. there are already data scientist jobs being advertised for 25 - 30k

Sell roasted chicken at highway stops while programming for fun at night. Family recipe has been putting food on the table for a half a century now, thanks grandpa.

>games
I'd rather maintain last century's cobol financial programs on old ass mainframes, shit out sql reports all day for corporate or just be a damn NEET. That is one hellish career choice if I ever see one, thank god I didn't fall for this false romance.

programming is beyond 'fun'
it's life or death

I want to lick her feet

Only when it comes to wages, user

Do you have a penis, or did you cut yours off?

I made so much money off butcoin that I can still live comfortably as a neet with a 70% drop in the stock market

based.

Attached: 1527808035263.png (800x800, 626K)

A lot of things will be outsourced to the cheapest possible person. Also expect coding to get automatised by AI. As Microsoft killed Edge in favor of Chromium with a Windows 10 skin, so you can bet other companies will cut corners too. Also all device sales will plummet.

Data science and machine learning jobs cut
Web dev jobs yes
Dev ops jobs no

All my money is in bitcoin so I am good

lmao

I can make $15/hr to do web coding and minor backend stuff?

How fucking much are you people scalping your employers?

>15USD/hr
>11.78GBP/hr
sign me up

Yuropoor here. I already can see positive development due to the creeping cold-war-esqe tech paranoia. Chinese vendors btfo. Also people seem to realize that silicon valley "tech" industry is an arrogant shitshow.

>Be QA
>Realize everything will be alright due to how shit most people in my field are.

Attached: EFDE3145-F36A-40E3-9A9C-77CCF3CE45A1.png (231x245, 84K)

I charged 80 eurobucks/hour freelancing backend webshit 2 years ago when I was in university (netherlands)

What's with this bullshit about a 2020 crisis? I've been hearing about it everywhere? Are the kikes already preparing to dump all their garbage credit?

>>world war 3
>no
Why not?

the absolute state of Great Britain

Attached: 1512910503378.jpg (258x245, 12K)

South europoor here. What happens here will end up happening north, so read me as if i was from the future.
Wages are on decline. We never got out of the 2008 crisis. Now most jobs are temporary garbage jobs or 1 year contracts with shitty salary. Only the fresh grads with little experience are taking those. Employers wont even call you if you have more experience.

Then we have the big cities on a different level. They concentrate 90% of IT jobs but they pay 10% less than 5 years ago. Except there is one problem: the living costs are skyrocketing because of airbnb, so the city has become a hotel for tourists and locals cannot afford to live there anymore. So IT salaries there are normal-tier, but due to the cost of living they are actually not good.

So most programmers are just fleeing the country. You could work remotely but they tax you as if you were a drug merchant and the state steals way more from your wage than on a local onsite job.

it's fucking ridiculous how low paying tech jobs are here, I'm moving to the states as soon as I get the chance.

Olá

Sadly the Silicon Valley cartel will never fall
If people dont drop their phones we are pretty much lost

Attached: 1544032782505.jpg (540x960, 73K)

only when you ask about a pay raise or a price drop

waste of yugioh cards

Were you working your own freelance projects? You're your own boss etc

HUE here. Paulo Guedes samba advanced 7d economics will keep us safe.