Is this enough to make data unrecoverable through tools available to the general public?

Is this enough to make data unrecoverable through tools available to the general public?
Not trying to hide anything illegal or stop CIA from accessing my data, just want to clear my machine before selling it and wouldn't want a smart-ass nerd getting access to scanned personal documents, bank statements etc that were saved on this machine at some point.

Attached: Reset-Windows-10-jilaxzone.com-Remove-Everything[1].png (1366x768, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleachbit.org/cloth-or-something
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, its not.

They can still run a file recovery utility. You should wipe it with a special program

boot a linux usb and fill the drive with random data 5 times. Then reinstall windows and put in malware so you can steal whoever buys its credit card numbers and accounts.

You can do that and then run CCLeaner with the "Wipe free space" option checked. That would do it and it's a bit easier than running a full format and reinstalling the OS

Lol
No
You need to use shred with more Than 30 iterations
Boot the gentoo iso and you should have access to the command

use ccleaner's drive wipe utility or just DBAN your entire hard drive.

>Then reinstall windows and put in malware so you can steal whoever buys its credit card numbers and accounts.
I'm selling it to a local pc repair shop. There's a long-haired guy who works there who I just KNOW will try to recover some data out of sheer curiosity. I'm pretty sure they will reinstall the OS before reselling it to a customer tho.

Dban

Bleachbit. If it's good enough for Hillary Clinton its good enough for you

>Bleachbit
I think I remember Trump or someone from his campaign saying something like "she used a highly corrosive chemical to destroy her emails" during the election. That's probably what they meant by it.

Attached: Clorox_Bleach_products[1].jpg (512x366, 57K)

But how many times did she run it?

No.
If it's a magnetic hard drive, run DBAN and pray.
If it's a solid state disk just dd /dev/zero to the whole thing and you're golden. Trim is a pain in the dick for even professional forensics teams.

Weak bait.

Hard format the drive, brainlet

Why pray?

Just write zeros, once.

Around 50% of the data will be theoretically recoverable, but in practice those 50% will be pieces of files which alone is nothing but useless noise.

Even sophisticated forensic recovery will struggle to get useful data out of it.

yeah you can't /dev/urandom it 100 times?

dd /dev/urandom to the target drive and u should be good man. You can use shred /dev/sdx if you're more paranoid, does 3 randon writes.

>long-haired guy who works there who I just KNOW will try to recover some data out of sheer curiosity
You mean the Gamers Nexus guy?

>I just KNOW will try to recover some data out of sheer curiosity
>weeeell shit, think amma spend me the next 6 hours seein wot INTERESTIN holiday photos and PARTIAL RECOVERY OF .mp4 files user has..
people who work in PC shops curiosity for recovering drives extends to the extent of how much they can charge for it. You'd need to possess very nice tits indeed before anyone would bother otherwise

If it's an SSD, you can't do shit.

Bleachbit is a legit program and is under GPLv3
bleachbit.org/cloth-or-something