This kills the botnet

>this kills the botnet

Attached: faraday.jpg (259x194, 9K)

Why would you buy a portable listening device?

I have a dumbphone too, OP. Good choice.

Nothing digital is 100% free from botnet, but it's a sliding scale, not a binary option. A dumbphone is a lot better than a smartphone for privacy.

>A dumbphone is a lot better than a smartphone for privacy.
As long as you don't carry it with you.

You're guaranteed to get removable batteries, at least. It's still going to automatically execute embedded java from over the wire updates and take control over the baseband chips and things.

Kyocera DuraXV LTE here, what do my other flipfags use?

OP here, it's not the dumbphone - it's the faraday cage. If you wrap the phone in a non-conducive material, and then wrap it in a conducive material like foil, it breaks of all the radio signals and they cannot track you using the cell towers

wow, just googled this thing. I was considering a blackberry for my next phone but I might reconsider now.

>cellular telephone
get a landline

t. boomer

Thoughts on the Librem? They're going to keep the baseband completely separated from the processor

It's fucking great, I tether when I need to use a real computer, I can make calls, text with T9 without looking at the screen like in high school, and it even has an alarm and a timer and a calendar! I kinda wish I could root it and somehow install Signal or something for secure texting but that's all I'd change. It lasts for several days and if I spill something on it I just wash it off. Sometimes I use it to play fetch with the dog.

Real talk it feels like some Twilight Zone shit when you're standing somewhere in public and everyone else is glued to a smartphone.

*forms a botnet using ultrasound*

That doesn't mean a whole lot, USB cell modems were always an option. Neo900 promised it too though.

tfw you have to register the imei before using a phone in my country

Attached: 1525986833587.png (640x761, 118K)

thats just CDMA

>faraday cage
How is a cardboard box covered in tinfoil going to block anything?

If you want your phone to be sealed off you probably need a lead-lined box that is also soundproof.

>not using a gnu/string cup to securly talk to your peers

A smartphone with a FOSS ROM and FOSS applications only is no more botnet than a dumbphone.

>over the wire updates
It's a dumbphone, user

It looks extremely promising but they're having production issues so they're delaying it by several months. Still, not going for 4GB RAM and 64GB storage sucks for the current price.

Try it out, it works. It jams out all the radio waves

Did I say jam I meant forms a barrier sorry FCC nigs don't fine me plz thanx

it's in the baseband protocols, it has nothing to do with how smart it is. Google's botnet was only one more b otnet on a whole stack of botnets.