How do we fix the /gpol/ problem?

how do we fix the /gpol/ problem?

I filter out tranny, nigger, kike, gas so if your response contains that i probably wont see it. Not offended by these words, but i find 9/10 times the person saying them has nothing useful to say that adds to tech discussion.

This post isnt exactly tech, but it relates to the state of the tech discussion on the board. A lot of people are going off topic in the replies and i often ask myself what board im on with the shit i see.

Again, nothing is offending me, but it annoys me that one board isnt staying on the other domain.

Attached: 37471a2.jpg (636x575, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Install gentoo

Install gentoo

Filter yourself off this website, mongoloid.

It's simple
Install the jews into Gentoo Ovens

>I filter out t󠀀ranny, n󠀀igger, k󠀀ike, g󠀀as
He already did

Exhibit A.

Jow Forums.org/pol

kys nigger

We need to adopt a code of conduct that will prevent exclusionary behaviour. I think everyone should have to sign an e-document (with their real name and address) acknowledging the evils of racism, transphobia, and antisemitism, as well as the historical accuracy of the Holocaust.

Install gentoo kike

I agree with you. I think there's a lot of valuable information here, but a lot of people posting here are comfortable using racial slurs and making ignorant hate speech. Transphobia, homophobia, this board just needs to have a conscience and actually give a shit what kind of content they see here.
I think there's a lot of complacency in calling out racism/sexism/homophobia on this board.

You must be trolling.

Not at all, friend.

I definitely agree, user. We should be more creative in our racial slurs. Just because african americans are hopeless criminals that exist purely to make money for the criminal justice and prison systems, doesn't mean we have the right to slander them. Same with the mentally ill. Insulting the mentally ill instead of bringing them to treatment for their gender dysphoria only makes their issues worse. I'm not suggesting that the treatment should be a bullet but that's not off the table.

Fuck off nigger

Making obligatory participation a thing would be the death of a site dedicated to a degree of freedom.
Crazy shit is posted on Jow Forums, to moderate that and make that mandatory in a matter of free speech would just alienate people from the site.

I wouldn't want to sign an E-document.
This community advocates strongly for personal freedom.

I think a social shift in the language used on this site would improve things. For one, not letting it slide when people use racist slurs.

fuck off whitey

*Racial slurs

A slur in that context by definition is racist.

Your way has been shown to fail every time. You have to take a strong hand with white men or they will just re-offend. What is more important, the freedom of white men to say offensive, rude things or the freedom of marginalised people to feel safe?

As a minority myself, the thing that makes me most uncomfortable is when people on the internet use bad words. The systemic racism that holds me back from government positions, employment in the tech industry, and any hope of a decent political career is just noise compared with teenagers on the internet saying bad words.

Why don't you try Reddit, sounds more up your alley.

Women, coloured folk, and trans folk suffer from discrimination in a manner of ways, all of which must be addressed. You can't ignore one form of oppression just because another seems more pressing.

Exactly. We can't ignore real problems in society and put 90% of our effort into censoring teenagers online. Effort should be given based on their effect on those affected, not based on what advertisers want for the sites they advertise on. Advertisers don't give a crap how many trans kill themselves, or how many blacks end up in jail or shot by police, they want an online environment safe for their adverts. And this is why money is pouring into policing online areas, while ignoring the COLOSSALLY HIGH suicide rates of transfolk that would be categorised as a fucking medical emergency if it was allowed to be treated as an illness and not something to 'accept'.

These are the people who have invaded this place, along with the retarded teens
Think about that

Attached: nu4chan.png (944x4013, 409K)

such an edgy boi, wow.

TS are already self medicating bullets.

Your white is showing. This isn't a grand conspiracy by advertisers. Marginalised folk really do feel unsafe online, and that has to stop. We are in the digital age now, the internet is a powerful tool and it can't become the domain of white men. If we work with ISPs we can force compliance with out code of conduct and create a creative space more conducive to equity among oppressed folk.

>really do feel unsafe online
And this is bad for advertisers you dolt.

I agree with your latter point, I just don't think that specific type of obligatory enforcement would be the best solution.
A change of rules would be a good step though, for sure.

It's worse for marginalised folk.
How can we enforce anything if people remain anonymous? It needs to be made easier to link an individual to their online accounts. This should be done for the entire internet. Most everyone conducts business on the internet so, like the wild west, it's time for the lawlessness to end.

Oh wow, you're being serious. Just go to someplace else, really. This website is not for thin skinned pussies. The internet is for everybody. This website isn't. And don't talk for "minorities" like you're some kind of spokeperson you cunt. You certainly don't talk for me.

Attached: 20181209_052210.jpg (5312x2988, 3.06M)

fuck off trannies

Hey, fuck yourself bigot.

Go hug yourself.

Hey nigger

Do you even hide startbar while browsing?

>creating a thread like this
>expecting anything but troll replies
Do you enjoy being braindead?

just report offtopic posts and ignore them

>3 hours ahead of EST
where?

Is replying to bait considered "trolling" now?

Fuck u tr anny nig ger kik d suck my aussie dick cunt

Attached: 33768479865765.jpg (627x552, 60K)

That's a kiwi Pepe...

What the fuck do you think I am? Black?

South America.

Attached: 20181209_060703.jpg (5312x2988, 3.29M)

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
OUT OUT OUT

It's 35 degrees your lucky I can form words

Attached: 1543970314592.jpg (271x376, 11K)

Stupid mainlander. Enjoy Islamification.

>Stupid mainlander. Enjoy Islamification.
Go fuck ya sister tasmanfucukian
T. Nsw and qld

Attached: QUEENSLANDER_poster.png (920x736, 95K)

You know that whole incest joke only exists because mainlanders are upset about becoming non-white, right? You're full of Asians, abos, maoris, scandinavians, niggers, wogs etc. Whites will be a minority on the mainland soon.

Only good thing to come out of Tasmania is umm
Fucken nothing
You'll grt pozzed like the rest of us just wait ya cheeky Lil mini Island bugga

No, because we aren't poofs like you. You couldn't even kill all of your abos, you soft cock.

Ohhh m8 it's on now imma find u and drink a brew with ya if I ever leave the mainland u cheeky Lil fuka

Attached: 728457-1.png (616x770, 127K)

Jow Forums is the only solidly leftist board which is why stormfaggots are so intent on subverting it

As long as it isn't that piss weak mainland shit. I'd rather drink bath water that that rubbish.

lol

7%± isn't piss ya fuzzhed

Rangeban when?

Attached: 1481971499878.jpg (367x136, 16K)

Free Software is literally communism

If it's made by mainlanders it is, you coon.

Get fucked }n}igger

Just report blatant Jow Forums and incel spam. The mods on this board are pretty good at removing off topic content if you flag it.
If it isn't offtopic you shouldn't be filtering it - truly held opinions or beliefs need to be robust enough to engage with alternative points of view.

Attached: Athena_Herakles_Staatliche_Antikensammlungen_2648.jpg (1905x1845, 2.82M)

Lmao, you can contrive a vague technology connection to any twitter screenshot thread.

I think the issue might be that most people on this board lack the technical knowledge to engage in salient technology discussion. Memes and politics have no barriers to entry to have an opinion on.
I don't know how'd you'd solve that issue aside from putting a programming challenge in the captcha or something but shitposts are an essential part of the Jow Forums experience. You probably just need to suck it up in this case.

If mods would do their jobs we wouldn't have a problem.

>The mods on this board are pretty good at removing off topic content if you flag it.
If you haven't noticed; you're on Jow Forums.

Nigger has been used as a throwaway term since Jow Forums's inception, nigger. You're missing out on on-topic, non-troll, non-Jow Forums answers only because they're probably posted by an oldfag.

Get gassed you tranny nigger kike.

At least they aren't tripfags.

>problem
Lol nice try lefty.

Sounds like you've internalized racism. Don't worry, the white people are here to stand up for you.

Wearing a political identity like a tripcode is even more irritating.

>using term incel unironically
You have to go back.

Attached: 1513584125377.jpg (500x373, 32K)

Where? Wizchan?

>waaa people are off topic
Go back to jejddit you authority loving faggot.

Only lefties care, so why are you broadcasting your own politics by making these nigger threads in the first place?

Fuck off CIA nigger

>programming is the only type of tech
Consider suicide

Jow Forumstwoxchromosomes

Are you the dude who makes the '___ are tech what are your favorite ___' threads? No one gives a fuck about mircowaves or vacuum cleaners.

The reddit magatards replying to obvious bait threads are the ones broadcasting their political identity for the sake of imaginary upvotes.

Hey, mods

Attached: 1532041750241.jpg (399x351, 67K)

It's a gatekeeping mechanism to keep out those who are still too attatched to emotional impulse. If you don't realize this it's time to stop posting and start reading.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (515x510, 197K)

Thanks for bumping the thread

The more bumps the faster it dies.

>I think there's a lot of valuable information here

Attached: 1537915181204.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>screming about microwaves is his first response to being told programming isn't all there is
No I am not that faggot you stupid brainlet cunt.

Blaming "pol" for antisemitism and racism on other boards is naive as fuck.
ALL OF Jow Forums HAS ALWAYS BEEN NON-PC, EVERY BOARD.

Some boards more than others, sure, but (outside of heavy-handed moderation) every board has always had it.

And the reason is because shit like racism and antisemitism are natural feelings that will always appear unless you specifically censor them.

Attached: 1541984702069.png (495x565, 162K)

>how do we fix the /gpol/ problem?
You don't. Mods could if they existed.

Mod and janitors just need to do their jobs, and delete off-topic garbage when it comes up. Then Jow Forumsshitters would eventually get bored and move on.
I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

>reddit spacing
>openly supporting censorship
You have to go back

Just ban posting from windows and android devices, most Jow Forumstards will filter themselves.

leave this website, said problem does not exist

anyone that says "folk" has never had their power out for very long

>i filter out tranny nigger kike gas
Jow Forums is not your safespace

I did this spacing before reddit was even a thing. I did it in my emails.

I dont like censorship. But i dont like off-topic racism either. Pol is there for a reason. This is a technology board you fuck.

>I did this spacing before reddit was even a thing. I did it in my emails.

the funny thing about reddit spacing is it's mostly only hard core reddit fags who know what it means. the rest of us call it double-spacing, and we do it because we like it.

You should just leave and go to some politically correct, heavily moderated tech forum..
Jow Forums was always like this, and it will only change if SJW mods start banning racist posters (which might start happening with Hiroshima wanting more ad moneys). The main appeal of this site is being anonymous and therefore being able to speak your mind.

Attached: 1440085771542.jpg (768x768, 52K)

Man this thread blew up

And for you idiots who think im offended by this stuff or im wanting political correctness, fuck no

I just want the board back guys, its gotten really off topic lately because people cant put their politics aside to discuss tech, its always gotta be about race and tranny politics which i actually do not care for. At all. It just annoys me more than anything that its mindless dumb 'fuck blacky fuck tranny' droning. Now everyone go back to your containment boards.

If you had read the OP properly, you would have read that none of this offends me. It only annoys me. Jow Forumstards are bloat.

I expected this to happen. Ive been on here long enough to know how a thread like this goes. Only turned off my filter to check the fucking 96 replies but my filter did a pretty good job at showing me people that actually have something decent to say, and are posing a solution to these idiots.

Attached: 1346385438876.jpg (708x1275, 140K)

>Jow Forums was always like this
That's a lie.
There was definitely a time before you hyper-political fucks went around shoving your shit in every damn thread.

Read the sticky bucko
All posting has to be related to tech.