You have one thread to convince me I should choose AMD over Intel

You have one thread to convince me I should choose AMD over Intel.

Planning on dropping 500 bucks on one of these desktop processors tomorrow. Intending on Intel, but I value this board's opinion, and you seem to very anti-Intel. So you have my attention. Please present your case for or against either company.

Attached: amd_vs_intel_1600_thumb800.jpg (800x450, 32K)

If you plan to OC, get the X model (2600x) I got a 2600 and it's a turd for OC.

Runs very well at stock/spec though.

>he fell for the incel meme

Attached: naurava_poro.jpg (1200x800, 84K)

You're too lazy and stupid to compose a proper (OP) with your requirements and budget. Nobody gives a fuck what you throw your money away on, and neither do (you). So, yeah, jewtel sounds about your speed.

>being pro any company
what a fucking cuck

Here, have a a justification

Attached: melt down.png (950x288, 94K)

>G:\
>proper arguements
Pick 1 (one)

Requirements: High performance desktop processor
Budget: 500 buckaroonies

Attached: bad bad bad.png (1283x1018, 1.36M)

500$ worth of rope

Are you really that clueless? Do you really need a bunch of virgin neckbeards to tell you what brand to choose?

it might be difficult, but wait until next year amd. intel still has a clock speed advantage (at higher cost, power, and heat). If you really can't wait you might still be getting better performance from a threadripper at that price. Do you care more about # of threads or single core performance?

What's your current mobo?

Do you want to append an argument to that or do I presume you have none?

Are you not a virgin neckbeard? Should I listen to you? I was being a little sarcastic in the OP. But still there's no harm in asking.

>tomorrow
AMD is literally releasing a dieshrink in a few months and you're buying now?

>tomorrow
You're gonna regret it, big time.

Attached: 1518594764791.jpg (1079x720, 111K)

>an argument
my argument is that you should kill yourself you stupid fuck

To be honest I'm not buying shit tomorrow. It was just a setup to talk about Intel v. AMD. I know anons have some gripes with Intel and I wanted them to articulate them here.

Ah yeah. The classic frustrated Jow Forums syndrome has rubbed off on you it seems. I'm not as angry as you are.

Well there's a big release coming so now is just about the worst time to buy a CPU. The leaks are promising but even assuming they're way exaggerated there's going to be at least some improvement soon. If they're even remotely accurate, intel has no competive products.

It all depends on you use case.
Everything with over 8 cores is 100% in AMD favor now
Below 8 cores you have an option of Intel with 20 crippling security patches pending, buying current gen Ryzen and pairing it with high end RAM or simply waiting a couple of months for Zen 2 which should get a massive IPC boost AND clock boost. Even without the clock boost the IPC increase should make all Intel offerings irrelevant.

You want single threaded performance and you want it literally now, Intel. I hope security, budget and longevity are not an issue.
Otherwise you go AMD. But then again, they're announcing their next series in less than a month, and if we go buy both estimations (not even leaks) and past releases, it's probably about to grab Intel by the balls

Only retards buy new, especially on release.

Attached: 1496435192281.jpg (605x685, 77K)

You have to decide for yourself. Why you're hesitating?

I'm a busy man. I come to the tech board for the inside scoop because I don't trust the official narrative. You know.

Unless your going for stupid high refresh rates at 1080p or 1440p don't bother
A 2700x at 4.3ghz is within spitting distance of a oc 8700k or i9 9900k at 5ghz
Some games/applications are very Intel biased like bfv with rtx on a 2080ti
As a 2700x owner with a gtx 1080 it runs extremely cool and is only limited by my shit psu and gpu which I will upgrade
I'd say go amd it's 95% as fast for 1/2 the price or less

But you can't be assed to read through numerous threads at this exact fucking moment dedicated to CPU wars
Get busy dying

at every price point you get more performance for your money if you buy AMD over Intel.

AMD is an American company whereas Intel is a Jewish company.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-23-12-42-54-866_org.schabi.newpipe.jpg (1026x1080, 103K)

That's fucking rich dude. There are frequently extremely trashy threads posted on this board. Here I actually invite a discussion about something important and tech related.

You should buy intel user, you are obviously biased towards intel.

Your damn right I'm based.

Just waitâ„¢

Attached: file.png (1119x719, 721K)

>get me a CPU for 500$
>discussion

It's called the silicon lottery for a reason. If all the CPUs could clock to 2600x levels within power spec then there bases clocks would be higher. Sometimes you get lucky and get a piece of silicon that was down pinned to meet demand for a cheaper part (in fact that happens a lot with Ryzen because of the insane yields) but don't get upset when something doesn't run outside what is stated in the spec sheet. OCs are a bonus. Not something guaranteed by the manufacture.

Attached: 0cde5249d2c330de0b3618cf76356f58.jpg (1020x1469, 226K)

^This DESU
CES isn't that far away.

This was confirmed fake.

You mean "confirmed" by someone who had even less credibility than the original claim?

It's fake, that's the point.

and this was confirmed by whom?

Another fake person; a false scotsman to be exact

Christ, the absolute state of Nvidia shills