>1st world country
>sitting around shitposting on 4channel with desktop beast
>lights start dimming
>fans slow down
>UPS makes clicking noises and beeps
>repeat scenario 5 times in 2 mins
>shitposting not interrupted
>HDD and SSD don't die

Best purchase EVER. I don't even have pic related, I have some cheap shit that was under $100. Now, I don't have to replace equipment every single year. Fuck the power company.

Attached: item_XL_6616853_4166029.jpg (496x562, 26K)

I have like five UPSes, even for trivial shit like CD players. Because why not?

Yeah, I have all my electronics hooked into mine.

>living in a country where the power goes out or fluctuates

Attached: 1542992332961.gif (256x196, 547K)

>work at movie theater
>projectors use UPS for surge protection and battery backup
>UPS batteries start to die
>manager calls corporate
>"just throw them out and we'll send new ones"
>manager attempts to trash various perfect APC models
>"gib"
>order cheap replacement batteries
>now have backups of backups

Attached: 1487953501177.png (500x500, 125K)

> lights dimming
> not owning a diesel generator
Ard you even trying?

Can I run a Corsair CX650M off of a CyberPower CP1000AVRLCD? What if I also have an 8bay USB 3.0 HDD enclosure?

Attached: AVR1000.jpg (1500x1500, 455K)

What about the downtime between your power going unstable to the time your diesel generator comes online?

What about the dirty power coming from diesel generators?

they're so expensive

>have to replace electronics yearly due to power failure
>first world country
lmao who are you trying to fool?

Based moviebro

I got a solar setup with with extensive battery capacity. I'm hooked up to the grid as well of course but only really use grid power around the holidays when I got family over and I'm using more power for hot water and heating. I still end up generating more then I use thanks to the massive surplus of power I generate in the summer , I Just send the summer surplus to the grind and take like 30 percent of it back for the December/January months.

SMT1000US owner here, I got lucky and was given this for free, just needed a battery replacement. Can confirm OP, they are definitely worth it.

>literally nothing has ever happened to the power grid i use because natural disasters and human errors don't happen in my country
>why would i need healthcare if i have been alive for 16 years old and i haven't died!
you'll understand when you grow up and buy some expensive stuff of your own, son

>1000VA
>about 750W output

Do the math, find out what your PSU max wattage is, and your HDD enclosure, add them up. Remember though, a UPS is not for running a pc, it's for preventing hard power offs from a blackout/brownout, most UPS only give 15-45mins of power, which gives you enough time to reasonably save your work and shutdown.

>that one bitter poorfag tho

It'll run it according to the math, but there are comments about PFC psus not working at all with it and it's all very confusing.

st world country
>>lights start dimming>>fans slow down
Your power grid doesn't sound very first world fa.m

There is no such thing as an uninterruptable power grid, it doesn't matter what country you're in.

Where the fuck do you live that there are so many power outages?

Not to mention the finicky and error prone nature and maintenance of generators and their fuel.
UPSide project still a thing? It sounded like the only noteworthy thing ESR ever did.

The local library did the same thing.

You need a big ass flywheel going all the time to make the switch without a drop in the power. That is what some sever farms use.

>under $100
Any decent one sub $50? I only run one desktop with 550w PSU.

Some people in the USA still use dial-up, bro.

>not owning a Tesla brand backup battery
yikes

I've been thinking about getting a few pv panels and using them to help power a small battery array for the UPS and using that for my netbook and low-power stuff when the main power goes out.