Website allowed to know my zoom level

>website allowed to know my zoom level
SI THIS A FUCKIN JOKE

Attached: 1544033399915.jpg (346x450, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

panopticlick.eff.org/
eu.usatoday.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh they know more than that. Battery level, all mouse movement data, your clicks, active tabs, everything from your user agent including device ect. Chrome now lets sites check how many credit cards you have saved assuming you use this feature, which a lot of normans will. It's getting ridiculous.

Attached: 1542342439367.jpg (640x747, 78K)

Isn't the modern web wonderful?

This.

Fuck web 2.0 I'm going back to Gopher and IRC. I'm keeping crypto.

What do you mean? How do they access that info? And how do you prevent it?

They know you're gender too.

Can I modern browser expose my personal pronouns?

Yes. I recommend this one addon for Chrome and SJWfox called MisgenderMe! which protects the privacy of your pronouns.

what is the problem?

The main problem is overcomplexity. Most of the shit on websites these days doesn't need to be there in the first place. If it takes more than a few seconds to load your site on a decent internet line, your site is shit. How many useless sites waste more bandwidth pushing ads than actual content? I'm guessing lots.

Probably 90+% of the Internet is complete trash. Also, fuck JavaScript. That's right, I said it.

>go to website
>it overrides your selected standard font size making the text either absurdly tiny or huge

Why even bother specifying font size these days when you'll never get it right with the massive variation in screen sizes and resolution?

actually relevant
I've had issues with boomer McComplainypants reporting bugs about unusable UI elements.
Worked fine everywhere, turned out he was using some ridiculous zoom level to avoid wearing glasses.
Not sure he even owned glasses. Of course he owned a car and drove it to work every day tho.

If he had presbyopia with no other issues then he would still be OK to drive.

hopefully people will get their identities stolen and their lives ruined using those features.

It becomes easier to backtrack the user?
Just a guess though. If you use Tor it will recommend you to not browser in full-screen mode so to not let websites know what's your screen resolution, if you're paranoid about it.

javascript
panopticlick.eff.org/

Or use Lynx.

... and your sexual preference. For grills they also know your period and when you miss it and when that is because of pregnancy. Have to get those ads flowing, right.

If you suddenly start googling baby clothes and nappies your mail box will erupt in ads.

I've noticed that if it can't properly place you it'll start throwing out binary choices to see which grabs your attention. Like, on youtube I got a recommended video list with make-up tutorials and car reviews.

>active tabs
what??

>si
Señor, por favor exita dela states unitates

>credit cards you have saved assuming you use this feature

Using what feature? Having cards associated with your google account?

>active tabs
Oh, this is totally not good.

Attached: 1537851546430.jpg (480x580, 26K)

Browsers can save card numbers like they can passwords
>enter card info on payment page
>click next
>dropdown window: Would you like to save this card for this site?

I knew about that but I didn't know this power is now given to websites to be able to snoop on you

I've used a SFW and NSFW browser combo for year, saves a lot of embarrassment when you want to show someone something IRL and all your filth is in the history.

the wonders of technology

>active tabs
Do you have a source for that? I know about some side channel attacks that check if you have visited a site before, but I haven't heard of snooping on active tabs.

Disable Javascript so they can't get that information. Or use Iridium, which disables website telemetry by default.

So then you're saying a completely different website can know that you have a saved credit card? Because if it's just THAT website knowing that you have N credit cards saved for them on your browser, then I kind of don't see the issue considering you have already explicitly trusted that company with your credit card.

This
But knowing active tabs that's NOT GOOD AT ALL
Though I'm using different browsers for different purposes

>active tabs
yeah no

never been on an download site where it forces you to stare at its prices for services until it's done doing a 2 minute countdown? if you un-focus the tab it stops the countdown

eu.usatoday.com/

someone posted this a while back, it's amazing how fast a website can be without bloat

>Welcome to USA TODAY NETWORK’S EUROPEAN UNION EXPERIENCE
The worst part is that they mean that as an insult.

>They know you're gender too.
How can they possibly have enough storage space to store this value?

> inb4 there can only be ~7 billion distinct genders

It just knows whether or not IT'S in-focus.