What are some good hobbies to have to distract myself from work? Coding/gaming all day is unhealthy as fuck

What are some good hobbies to have to distract myself from work? Coding/gaming all day is unhealthy as fuck.

I thought about swimming and/or playing an instrument (drums).

Attached: images (3).jpg (400x265, 20K)

masturbating

Grappling.

Jogging or doing sprints (HIIT), lift weights if you can, an instrument would also be good.

Buy a shitty car and fix it up. Cars are complex systems like computers, and I found the problem-solving involved is a lot like programming/IT shit, except it's physical instead of digital. Went from owning a beater and just trying to save money to being kind of a car person now.

>fixing cars
how do I learn this senpai?

>lift weights
Only retards do that shit.

Attached: 1542057970504.gif (400x225, 2.59M)

You take interest in cars

It is also preferable you own a car

>thai boxing
>playing the keyboard
>working on my 2002 honda civic si with a few simple mods
>going out with the boys on Saturday and shotgunning some beers

Attached: f58.png (1280x1942, 517K)

>have a car that has things break
>too jew/broke to pay someone else to fix it when it should be easy
>google it a bunch, watch some videos, read a guidebook
>repeat until understanding of different systems in an automobile is gained
That's the path I took. Helping friends with their cars helped me see how different styles work, and then eventually I made gearhead friends who know shit about engine internals and all that to deepen my education. You also slowly build up tools this way, buying what you need as you need it.

Protip it sucks to work on your daily on a deadline, if you have another vehicle you don't have the stress of NEED TO PUT THIS TOGETHER OR I CAN'T GET TO WORK TOMORROW. Find some car that's interesting to you that's been beaten to hell, like an old Ford Ranger truck or something else you can get for under a grand, unless you want to spend more. A Miata or something if you're into sportsy cars (personally I like trucks and big-murikan-sedans). My main car has been a Ford Crown Victoria for years, gone through a few. Get them cheap when the cops sell them off, good reliable engine with Ford engineering (meaning the rest of the car will break piece by piece, but it's cheap and easy to fix and how I got started learning everything). You can beat the fuck out of old cop cars offroad or whatever and have a blast. Currently I'm tracing some police wiring to cleanly wire in a tablet center console display.

Playing instrument is great. I started learning to play just recently (never held instrument in my life before), really nice experience.

Professional vaping is pretty cool OP.

miatas are for women & homosexuals.

You should take up boxing, but take up the drums if that would be too much risk for you.

Take up cycling (bike riding) when it gets warmer if there are some good paths/trails near you.

marijuana

I think Model Kits, Trains, and any musical instrument are good escapes from the modern.
If you can work on a car though, that's probably better as you would actually be able to use it.

Fuck prostitutes

You'll think it sounds dumb, but sculpting. In polymer clay or the real stuff if your living situation allows for a simple oven. It is deeply relaxing and puts you in a serene state of mind that lasts.

Going outside and in particular cooking outside. Play an instrument if you have additional time, drums will help as a catalyst for your brain to switch to auto-mode.

Gaming at all is for children. If you gayme in any capacity you should go to

Hiking if you live near nature. Photography is nice. Fishing if you live near nature.

Also

Lapidary

Iv gotten into audio books. I thought it would be retarded, but its not bad at all. Before I go to sleep I just turn on an audiobook, and listen to whatever book you want. Been listening to a lot of fiction, pretty fun.

I listen to those when I'm buying groceries or doing menial household tasks.

t. Fatass