>tfw fell for the SSD meme

Attached: 1544366260586.gif (450x506, 3.34M)

die

what's wrong?

>tfw ram is solid state

Just got a 500gb SSD for my thinkpad, everything loads faster, I don't have to hear the disk whirr up when doing things, icing on the cake is that I can squeeze an extra half an hour of battery life from it too
What's not to like?
>inb4 write degradation, learn to backup pls

if the only thing you do on a PC is opening Chrome with two tabs than you don't need SSD. Try using the computer for something more than a utility to facilitate the masturbation.

stupid fucking brainlet kys

Extremely long term data retention aside, what's the disadvantage of SSDs compared to HDDs? Silent, extremely fast... Why are anons calling them a meme?

Attached: 1543581969074.jpg (236x208, 9K)

>get SSD
>alright so startup should be a little faster now that I’m booting from an SSD righ-I’ve been staring at my homescreen for the last 5 seconds

I love it. Games load super fast as well and I don’t have a minute delay before I can open up programs after I press the power button. I have two SSDs, one for Windows and the other for games. Seems better to have some redundancy than lose everything.

>still using ancient technology from the moon-landing age to store OS and program files

Do you also drive a buggy or use a typewriter, or type with the qwerty layout? I bet you even use vacuum tubes in your guitar amplifier you sick freak

>his computer has moving parts

Don't assume gender

They're poor.

>3.34mb
wtf I thought the filesize limit was 3?

>His computer has zero airflow

bold

how nu

>makes shit post that's obvious bait
>abandons thread

The state of Jow Forums

>His computer has moving parts which, when they fail, will cause loss of data and system downtime
Can get a fan for a tenner who gives a shit if it fails just stick a new one in

A fan is a moving part though. What are you talking about?

>this nigga doesn't keep his entire file system in L1 cache

Attached: c0a.jpg (675x725, 67K)

Sorry my post was worded really shit
My point was yes fans are moving parts but they are easily replaceable and so are not really a worry

>Not keeping your filesystem in your cpu register bank

It's not a meme. They're le epic trollin.

SSD+HDD combo master race reporting

angry poorfags.

Passive cooling could be enough for a dedicated storage PC.