Jow Forums I have a super expensive TV setup I want to sell, It's about 40 grand worth of equipment...

Jow Forums I have a super expensive TV setup I want to sell, It's about 40 grand worth of equipment, but I want 12 grand or so for it. I dont trust people so I want to get cash for it all. Where should I go to sell it all at once, to prove to the buyer that it works as it good condition and such, without getting shot or robbed? Will a best buy or something make it work? its about a dozen different pieces and I have no idea how to hook them up and make them work. my dead father used to own it. Will be driving a U-haul to meet them there.

Attached: 79d40d468fc4d7c1454b9b73239f98182b3028966bb780f928b1ffac60f0f9e5.jpg (674x670, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

paradigm.com/products-current/type=tower/model=prestige-95f/page=overview
amazon.com/Earthquake-Q10B-Tactile-Transducer-Single/dp/B01EXDP69Y
pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/features.jsp?model_id=MDL102024
dragonflyscreens.com/home_theater.html
anthemav.com/products-archived/model=mrx-700/page=overview
amazon.com/OPPO-BDP-93-Universal-Network-Blu-ray/dp/B004BLK24S
amazon.com/Earthquake-PA-600-Amplifier/dp/B0081K4AHA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can almost guarantee it's not worth that much anymore. You'd be lucky you get $100. Unless you specify what makes it so expensive.

(2) Paradigm 95F Floor Standing Speaker. Midnight Cherry.
paradigm.com/products-current/type=tower/model=prestige-95f/page=overview
Value ---- $5,000

(2) Earthquake Q10B Tactile Transducer.
amazon.com/Earthquake-Q10B-Tactile-Transducer-Single/dp/B01EXDP69Y
Value ---- $1,100

JVC DLA-RS60U Reference Series 3D Home Cinema Projector.100,000:1 Contrast Ratio, THX 3D Ceritifed, Motorized Lens Cover. List Price: $11,995; Retail $7,195. Includes emiter and 2 pairs of 3D Glasses.
Repaired and new lamp in 02/16/2016
pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/features.jsp?model_id=MDL102024
Value ---- $7,195

Strong™ Universal Projector Mount for Projectors up to 50 lbs. (Black). ---- Free, included with projector

Dragonfly™ 133 in. Matte White Film Screen with Black Velvet Frame (HDTV, 16:9).
dragonflyscreens.com/home_theater.html
Value ---- $1,800

Episode® 900 Series In-Wall Home Theater Surround Speaker with 6-1/2 in. Woofer (Each)
Value ---- $1,100

Sanus CRF2127 55" steel component rack with heavy-duty casters. Includes shelves, glass door.
Value ---- $750

Anthem MRX700, 7x120W, USB, Internet Radio, HD Radio, 3D, ARC.
anthemav.com/products-archived/model=mrx-700/page=overview
Value ---- $1900

OPPO BDP-93 Universal Network 3D Bluray Player, WiFi.
amazon.com/OPPO-BDP-93-Universal-Network-Blu-ray/dp/B004BLK24S
Value ---- $448

Episode® 900 Series Home Theater LCR Speaker with Dual 6-1/2 in. Woofers (Each).
Value ---- $850

Eathquake PA600 Power Amplifier
amazon.com/Earthquake-PA-600-Amplifier/dp/B0081K4AHA
Value ----$400

The chances are about zero you're going to find someone to pay you $12k cash in a parking lot for untested goods.

I stand corrected. Maybe try online forums, and also Craiglist just in case. Definitely go to a crowded place to sell everything.

Where would you go to test it? I will have a gun on me when I sell it, but I'd much rather give it away than to get into a gun fight. Hotels or houses seem sketchy, should I bite the bullet and go to a house if I like house the person seems?

also this

Yes, but don't bring the goods with you and all that. Discuss everything with the person first, make sure they're not gonna jack you or something.

would anyone here be willing to sell it if i gave them a commission?

Maybe use crypto. And just immedietly convert to Tether or some stable coin. You could have them go through OpenBazzar. At that point you would just need to peel out the cash/gift cards/etc.

Else craigslist and use some kind of escrow service?

Just tossin out ideas Jow Forumsuy.

Attached: 11859021.jpg (400x400, 38K)

>Just tossing out ideas Jow Forumsuy
Bad ideas at that

Where do you live?

The fuck is this adding up to $40k?
its about $20k and most of thats retail, y'kno, with warranties and setup help and shit?
IF ITS LEGIT, just put it in eBay one piece at a time, find a shipping service, and offer that. But you are never getting $12k, and driving around nervous in a U-haul and a gun trying to offload it in fucking parking lots in a oner, dude, wtf? you'll end up shooting your own dick off

An demographic-appropriate auction maybe? I doubt you'll be able to sell it altogether for anything close to its value separately though

Eh, top speakers are $2800/pair on ebay
Projector is $2400
Transducer is $500
Receiver is $1000
There's a 100in Dragonfly screen for $300, this is 133in.
BD is $220
Amp is $290
There don't seem to be any listings for the Episode 900 series, but there's probably at least $500 for the set of 5

So ~8k if you wanted to piece it together, and he might be able to find a boomer who'll pay a premium for one-stop shopping.

Ebay is a bad bet since he'd lose a ton on shipping and ebay always sides with the buyer.
"Oh I bought these speakers but all I got was a box of rocks"
Bye bye $3k.

My dad just paid $30k for a golf simulator, not counting the construction costs for the addition he put on the house to accommodate it.

that is some serious meme tier audiophile shit and is that projector seriously listed at MSRP 11k fucking dollars but is only 1300 lumens and 1080p? what the fuck?

You could try selling the speaker on audiogon

you might get a few hundred for the used projector, but the rest of the stuff is trash.

>Ebay is a bad bet
appreciated, but you can minimise your risk a bit, 'only buyers with x good feedback' and shit. My doubt was, finding someone who wants the whole shitload in a oner, ppl buying this stuff are usually after selective pieces, dont need the rest. And anything be an improvement on the way he was planning going about it, but, w/e
OP - is there no eBay sales agent near you? A retail shop will just rape you, esp if you dont know shit in the first place.
>based boomers
second childhood phase user (but with disposable income) - just watch that inheritance dwindle, day-by-fucking-day ;)

is he good at golf?

just put it on craigslist and meet at a bank or police station to do the transaction, you'll be fine

No.

Have you tried asking on a A/V store?