>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and pairing with a 2080 or better
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards; cheap models usually low yield processor. Aim for factory OC versions for best performance
>use your due diligence with cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans. They may be cheap, but won't get high boost clocks like better models
1080p
>RX 570/580/1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
1080p@144hz
>Vega 56/1070ti best value, Free/G-sync monitor highly recommended
1440p@60-75hz
>Vega/1070ti/1080/2070
1440p@100+hz
>1080ti/2080
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 1544385443473.jpg (1000x1000, 436K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X/3939vs3956
amazon.in/gp/bestsellers/computers/1375391031
amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX7TA0729&Description=144 hz monitors&cm_re=144_hz_monitors-_-24-011-162-_-Product
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1132442-REG/acer_um_kh7aa_001_h257hu_25_wide_ips.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/t4nR6s
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103107&ignorebbr=1
pcpartpicker.com/list/dQgMgw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
Why?

speccy is shit for reading correct temps and correct graphic cards specs

When will AMD finally be the best choice for gaming?

maybe in a month, maybe never

>maybe in a month
But I thought the leak was fake

>tfw I have that case

It’s loud as fuck but I guess it stays cool.

What does next year look like for AMD?

Q1
- Epyc 2 launch
- Ryzen 3 announcement / demo

Q2
- Ryzen 3 launch

Q3
- Threadripper launch
- Navi?

Q4
- Navi?

the reddit leak, yeah. adoredtv's leak is a different source (or so he claims). either way, zen 2 will be announced at CES in a month and then we'll know more.

Should've bought the Define C, a patrician taste.

Built my ryzen 2600x PC and my bios says 1.408V for V-core.

Isn't that too high.

What mouse and mouse pad do I need to be able to properly play FPSes online? I'm looking for specs not particular models.

At the moment I use a wired Microsoft mouse and a generic Dell mousepad. It seems that the area near the wrist keeps rubbing against the pad, but this configuration works fine for the other stuff i do (programming, browsing and playing openttd). Should I just turn up the sensitivity?

>What does next year look like for AMD?
AMD will keep getting BTFO by Intel and Nvidia.

cry some moar, intel shill.

Doesn't the voltage dynamically change?

Mouse with a fuck ton of DPI

Regarding mousepads you can't do wrong with anything over 10 bucks. Regarding mice, check for:
-DPI (so you don't have to set your sensitivity too high for anything)
-Sensor (Very damn important if you do play games)
-Grip (need something comfortable, not painful to use)
-Build quality (some brands like to make really decent mice but fuck this up with the coating, mouse wheels or other components that start failing after a year or two *cough*steelseries*cough*)

>Been looking to build a PC for years, always Intel parts
>Finally build one
>AMD
I don't understand it myself, but I hope the Ryzen lives up to the hype.

Are you me? Ive been looking at intel since summer but bought a 2600. It's like ass desu

Why does intel stutter so much? Not memeing.

>It’s loud as fuck but I guess it stays cool.
It's only as loud as your fans are, m8. Get quieter fans.

HT sucks and is only on their most expensive CPUs. Except not their enterprise ones, since HPC customers don't want that garbage.
More threads and working SMT helps keep things smooth.

>winter
>have rx480
>room gets comfy toasty after a few hours
>upgrade to a 1080
>room doesn't get toasty anymore
>have to wear socks and a blanky now while gaymin or I freeze
Did I fall for the upgrade meme?

Attached: image.jpg (741x568, 70K)

Yes, intel and nvidia components run slightly better, because they suck the soul out of non-NPCs nearby.

That case is fucking worthless OP.

could use some rgb leds

>t. poomd shill

Why are some motherboards so much expensive than others when they appear to have similar specifications and features?
For example, why is a MSI Z390-A PRO only $130 when an ASRock Z390 Taichi is $200?

And can you sanity check me on this build? Opinions on which of the two hard drives to pick? Is NVMe a meme?

Attached: pcpp.png (1176x760, 99K)

>no Pentium G5400 for budget
>no Core i5-8400 for gaming
>no Core i9-9900K to BTFO out all HEDTs
Fuck this shill ass thread
Learn how to use a toilet, you Poojeet fucks

Post prices, dumb shill.

>trying to run a 9700k on a budget board
lol...
There are cheaper ways to light your house on fire if you're trying to collect the insurance.

Would you buy this if it didn't have those weird angles on the mesh?

Wait for Ravi

8400 is still $180 in my Micro Center

Because intel is shit.

That's more than the 2600, you retard.

Not by much
plus, there's no need to spend the difference in price on more expensive RAM, so it evens out

>that desperate bentium and 9900k shill
Shit bentium performance for the price and 9900k is a throttling housefire.

Your favorite CPU benchmarking site
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X/3939vs3956

unless you have a high refresh rate monitor, why would you shell out the extra cash for an intel processor? And if you do have the cash, what the fuck are you doing wasting your time on video games to the point where you need a 144hz monitor?

Enlighten me about what I should be looking for to differentiate a budget board from a decent board?

inb4
>price

nice damage control poojeet

They're all budget boards now, the only difference is how many tacky lights and heat-trapping plastic they stick onto the board

are you looking at the features that you want and actually use are are you just spending money because you're not poor

:-)
amazon.in/gp/bestsellers/computers/1375391031

Lol, nice try McCuck. I had an Intel/NVidia build and sold it to build a Ryzen/580 system cause I realized gaymes aren't that important and I want my computer to be faster at other workloads.

That's the thing, I can barely see any feature differences between the ones that are $100 and $200. I just feel like I'm missing something, and the posters here talking about
>lol housefires
aren't helping.

It's the right socket, and it supports the speeds of my RAM, so I'm not sure what else to look for, other than inconsequential things like moar LED hookups.

What's the best time to buy hardware? Are there charts to illustrate how prices drop over months/years?

Anyone have that monitor purchase guide infographic?

What's the fastest high-capacity RAM assuming money is not an issue? PassMark benchmarks seem to show a gap between the fastest in terms of latency, read, write.

PC Part Picker has 4-month price graphs for components.

Would it be best to use my 2070 on a 2560x1440 monitor only, and have a 1070 powering the other 2?
trying to get closer to that 144fps mark

Any recommendations for a good micro-ATX case? I'm looking to upgrade from a Cooler Master N200 that I've used for three years, since I find it a pain to work with due to the relative lack of cable-management space. Currently looking into either a Corsair Air 240 (if I can find one), or a Fractal Design Define C Mini.

Why do gypsies love intel?

Attached: 1501867726886.jpg (1500x1164, 337K)

Will the 9700k struggle (with overclocking) on an Asus Maximus X Hero? Or should I get a Z390 board?

Enough.

Attached: Untitled.png (873x771, 694K)

It will never be enough.

amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189
Even on burgerland intel sells more now. Poozen only lasted for a couple of months before it falls back to the pit kek

Haven't built a PC since 2010, and my current case is a Lian Li PC-P50 which has been great. But now I want to build a new PC when Zen 2 comes out and I want a newer case with USB 3.0.

Problem is that a lot of newer cases don't have external drive bays anymore since no one uses optical media, and I need one because I use a drive power switch thing that mounts in the drive bay.

My build will have an RX580, 2 SSDs, 1 HDD, the drive power switch, and I'm not using water cooling. Any recommendations for a good case that has at least 1 external drive bay, space for all those drives, and space for an RX580 without being a cramped mess, and enough space/good fan placement for good airflow, and ideally decent cable management? I'm not too picky about how it looks as long as it's not an RG B shitshow.

>gold plated motherboards and gpu back plates are next

oh god yes

When you overclock, does it stay overclocked full time or just ramp up when it's needed?

What monitor would you guys pair with a 1070ti, its primarily for gaming and my desk is smaller so I'd like to keep it relatively small

There are no 24" or smaller 1440p Gsync monitors.
And there aren't 1080p ones which aren't TN.
So I guess you're fucked. You don't buy Nvidia expecting good and varied monitor choices.

Halfway through my next build

Attached: IMG_20181210_043325.jpg (1630x1531, 587K)

What about just going with 144hz to avoid needing Gsync

What do you guys think between these two monitors

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX7TA0729&Description=144 hz monitors&cm_re=144_hz_monitors-_-24-011-162-_-Product

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1132442-REG/acer_um_kh7aa_001_h257hu_25_wide_ips.html

>curved TN panel vs flat IPS

>but the flat panel doesn't support FreeSync
Fuck.

If you don't have an AMD GPU the flat panel is the obvious choice, but ideally you would look for a version of the flat panel with FreeSync.

Can you explain to me what freesync is and why I would want it? Planning on an nvidia 1070ti for use with it.

Look up ulmb

It's like cumming for the first time

Essentially the monitor communicates with your GPU to keep the refresh rate consistent with your framerate. You don't have AMD so it doesn't apply, NVIDIA has G-sync which is similar but is very expensive

Is the experience that noticable? Was going with the 144hz just for that reason

is there any point to a freesync monitor if i dont intend to play multiplayer games

is the hyper 212 evo out-of-box compatible with ryzen? ive looked it up but im getting mixed answers. if not then what cooler would you recommend for the r7 1700x?

Even if you wanted to look at G-Sync compatible monitors at 1440p that money would be better spent on a 1080 or 1080 Ti anyway, so either look for a 1080p G-Sync monitor or stick with the flat panel option, if you can't increase your budget.

i'm trying to build something for my parents. will be used for browsing, printing, scanning, picture/video viewing, basic stuff no gayming
i have everything picked out, just need a power supply
pcpartpicker is telling me my power draw is 69W but most PSUs i see are in the several hundreds
do i need some sort of buffer or can i get away with say a 200W PSU?

here is the build pcpartpicker.com/list/t4nR6s
thanks!

You will notice a lot more difference with gsync than getting a 5% better card than the 1070ti as the 1080.
And gsync is only $50 more than a regular 1440p 144hz

>Finally decide that the RX 580 is the GPU that will best suit my needs
>none of the good models are in stock
I just want the nitro+ available at a retailer that includes the free games, how long does it take to replenish stock?

Is Meshify C noisy? I’m currently leaning toward Define C

The cheapest 1440p 144Hz G-Sync monitor I can find is $379, which is $175 more than what he was looking to spend. For that price difference you could get a 1080 Ti which would actually be able to do 100+ fps at 1440p on most games.

2017 or so

just put a scythe mugen 5 on my 6700k. slightly quieter and keeps it under 60c

You dumb niggers. Even pro players only use 400 or 800 dpi.

Oh nvm i thought he was looking for 1440p 144hz. In that case 1070ti is overkill for 1080p so hes doing everything wrong to start with
And I doubt there is a 1080Ti that costs $550 as you say

A real FPS like QW or any q3 or unreal1/2 engine based game: a zowie fk2 with a 36inch cloth pad
for a meme fps (OW/CSGO/R6S/Fortmeme/Pubmeme/, you don't need anything at all. just buy a finalmouse ultralight pro like ninja :^)

intel was good like 10 years ago sure
"it's like ass" ????
are you that retard who never ran memtest86 from the other thread?

should just buy a space heater
a 1080 isnt worth buying though, you dont play any games.
lol

>>no Core i9-9900K to BTFO out all HEDTs
absolutely completely wrong.
>>no Pentium G5400 for budget
g620 was good, they arent good anymore.
>>no Core i5-8400 for gaming
this is maybe your only valid argument. but even then it loses to 2600 in any game with

what;s your opinion on this cooler?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103107&ignorebbr=1

Attached: 35-103-107-06.jpg (1280x960, 71K)

>difference is $20
>difference in ram is $20
wow dumbass.

>400 dpi
800 for me feels extremely low, 1800 is what my is almost always at

whats better, 8 cores or 12 threads?

The leak that was fake was about CPUs only, not GPUs. The AdoredTV leak was substantiated by a different leak source with almost the same info.

I have had a 144hz monitor and use AMD for CPU and GPU just fine. 1080p obviously, but if Navi is as good as the leaks suggest, I will no doubt upgrade to 1440p 144Hz on all AMD hardware.

Actually depends on the FPS. Does it still require precision or is it all about speed?
If precision: Cloth mousepad
If speed: Hard plastic

Mouse: Look for flawless sensors and after that button number. Then go for what fits your hand. Logitech has lots of good mice but also lots of shit mice. The G400s is a very good mouse for example. For gaming, always stay cabled, don't go wireless.

Dude I'm using a Cougar MX330 that fits all those requirements that I bought for $20 on sale. What you're asking for isn't all that exotic.

Your sensitivity on your OS and your sensitivity in games is just as relevant. Some guys will use 400 DPI, which seems low, and then crank up sensitivity elsewhere. Other people have crazy high DPI and then put their OS sensitivity low.

In most FPS games, 800 DPI is often used and the typical sensitivity in Windows is left at the standard 6. Some people change this up and mess with in-game sensitivity further. To use CSGO as an example, a guy like Rallen uses 1800 DPI with Windows sensitivity at 3 and in game sensitivity at 1.2 while F0rest uses 400 DPI with Windows sensitivity at 6 and in game sensitivity at 3.5. All of these numbers matter.

it's supposed to be as of last year.
if you buy one and don't get the back plate they'll mail you one free

Attached: Screenshot at 2018-12-10 01-13-55.png (628x332, 53K)

I already have a 980ti and a 650w power supply. I need everything else on a budget of $700. What do?

Cores are better than threads

SOS HERE PLEASE!!
I've catastrophically committed a terribly stupid mistake and all hope seems lost in my puny miserable life, ANONS

> Make new build 3 weeks ago
> Case hasnt arrived yet (from asia), so motherboard is just on the open inside cardboard box
> Everything working perfectly fine
> Try to connect usb cable at night in the dark
> Accidentally touch the motherboard with USB metal tip
> PC suddenly shuts down. Won't power on no matter what.
>After turning on PSU, some led lights show green and, after a few seconds, turn red.

I've tried clearing the CMOS by disconnecting the battery jumper. Didn't do anything.
Have I fried my motherboard?
Is there any chance it is the PSU or any other component at this point?

I need to order the new piece ASAP as I need my PC running urgently since I'm a lonely 0 social life depressive user ;_;

I'll post this in other threads too as idk which one is the most appropriate one to reach active anons.

Attached: 9827666173.jpg (720x865, 46K)

>if you buy one and don't get the back plate they'll mail you one free
i've heard they charge you $10 dollars for shipping and it takes a week to get delivered
any recommendations on a different cooler?

nope I bought my first one for an i7 I just kept seeing that about ryzen

Something like this maybe: pcpartpicker.com/list/dQgMgw

Probably, if there's no visible damage, just RMA it and say it just turned off (DO NOT mention your usb fuckup)
If it's Amazon, just say it was DOA when you first tried it.
If it took more stuff with it, claim the MB killed your shit.