Will video games ever have any equivalent to such a perfect board game?

Will video games ever have any equivalent to such a perfect board game?

Attached: checkers.jpg (2535x1545, 1.53M)

>all games during the last world championship ended in ties
>perfect board game

chess online..

but seriously.. i play hearthstone

Attached: championship_chess_pro_board_game_for_windows-30989.gif (993x726, 396K)

exactly. So perfect you can't even win

Chess is mathematically solved. Literally a dead end game by now, see

league of legends

>Chess is mathematically solved
I don't think you know what that means

chess is esports

Shōgi is better. Change my mind.

No

>white always has an advantage against black
truly a based and redpilled game

kys weeb

But with chess, you can just reach a point where one side has lost enough that a player can just trade off pieces to reduce the game to a known winning state, with the capture just being a formality. With shōgi, as captured pieces can return to the board, the game remains competitive up to the very end.

Checkmate.

Attached: file.png (670x335, 142K)

Tetris is close

This. Just the right amount of skill and blind luck required to win.

Surprised no one has posted this yet: Core War 1984.

Also, these days, things like Shenzhen I/O and the like are probably a good way to get kids interested in low level programming and circuit design.

how bummed were you guys when you first solved tic tac toe

Attached: fairchild_channelf_morpion_s4.png (612x464, 567)

im (with my slave) can win you 99 times from 99

What’s the difference between shogi and xingqi? I always though mahjong was pretty cool, so I looked a bit into their chess. Go seems too autistic for me

Not very. When it became clear that you could force a tie, people at my school just nested levels of game play. You'd put a subgame in each square, and each turn you would play in the subgame corresponding the square the last person picked (i.e. if the previous player put an X in the center square of a subgame, you would need to put an O in the center subgame). When a subgame is won, that entire square becomes the winner's symbol. The added layer of complexity kept things interesting.

Get that gay shit outta here

Attached: large.png (675x600, 640K)

Europa Universalis

Shōgi and xiangqi are both in the same family as chess. Personally, I haven't played nearly as much xiangqi as shōgi, but they vary mainly in movement / initial placement of pieces, and in some rules. For instance, I do not believe you can return captured pieces to the board in xiangqi like you can in shōgi. Also, 馬 in shōgi functions similarly to the knight in chess, in that it can move without regard to the placement of other pieces on the board (though it moves differently than the knight in chess). In xiangqi, 馬 moves like in chess, but its movement can be blocked by other pieces.
For instance, in xiangqi, if you have 馬将 on the board, the 馬 can't move right because it is blocked by the 将, even though either move that would take it right would end on a non-occupied space.

Minesweeper requires little to no skill once you figure out most of the patterns that indicate possible mine/safe positions. That doesn't mean it isn't fun and getting to that point is interesting, but it just becomes braindead parsing after a certain point. Still nice to do while listening to music and stuff though.