Red pill me on standing desks. Are they a meme?

Red pill me on standing desks. Are they a meme?

Attached: image.jpg (500x711, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-court-sitting-workers-20160404-story.html
scpr.org/news/2016/04/04/59189/california-court-to-provide-key-guidance-on-employ/
youtube.com/watch?v=7Helf_yrTn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

Sitting all day is bad for your health

Standing all day is just as bad as sitting all day. A mixture is the best.

>be me
>born with veinous abnormalities that means I have chronic increased risk of trombosis, take blood thinners and may not stay seated for more than a couple of hours at a time.

No, they enable me to work without jeopardizing my health.

absolutely retarded

standing all day is even worse for your health

Spend 1 hour sitting at your desk then another hours actively moving around including exercising, is the best way to go about your day.

If you want to know why standing still is bad just look up the calf muscle pump.

>Mmmm.... Yeah bby, I am so fucking horney looking at your varicose veins

>Standing all day is just as bad as sitting all day
this
the solution is to actually move around
can't believe retards actually buy into this shit

>tfw ankylosing spondylitis so it's hard for me to sit or stand for too long
going to be a long career for me

I am 23 and i got hemorrhoids.
Every time i wipe my ass after shitting, theres blood on the toilet paper and my asshole burns a bit

So you use a standing desk?

No i sit the whole day and don't do any sports for like 6 years now

*blocks ankylosing spondylitis's path*
heh. no need to thank me, kid

Attached: 6060930_orig.jpg (640x549, 33K)

Imagine kicking that shit. The faggot sitting there can't even react lmao. Even if he tries to react, muh ankylosis spondilytis

Yes, they're a meme. Standing in one spot for hours isn't any better than sitting in one spot for hours. Just get a regular desk and make sure to get up and do something at least once an hour.

i have a sit/stand at work, love it.
sometimes i sit
sometimes i stand

He's probably armed. Kind of stupid to want to just walk up and kick that guy. What the fuck did he do for you?

Studies have shown that both standing all day and sitting all day is bad for your health. They have found that switching often between standing and sitting throughout the day is the best for your health.

You're still gonna hate yourself standing upright so what's the point

Attached: 106321353552.jpg (800x450, 64K)

yikes, would rather cripple my back

Why not get your roids fixed? It's an outpatient procedure unless yours are really bad.

It is physically impossible for me to stand still. Whenever I have to, I end up moving around and going in circles. So they're pretty useless for me.

this. mount your monitor on an arm.

>this. mount your monitor on an arm.
like this?

Attached: batman-arkham-knight-alfred.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

They make cashiers stand all day around here for some reason. It's a form of abuse. You should refuse to have such a desk or soon you'll be forced to stand.

well, chairs do break you know..

Im embarrassed to visit a doc with such a problem

On a metal arm, you detective dingus.

>They make cashiers stand all day around here for some reason.
Times are a changin'.

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-court-sitting-workers-20160404-story.html
>Employers can no longer force workers to stand at the job all day in a fixed location when the actual job tasks could be performed while seating

scpr.org/news/2016/04/04/59189/california-court-to-provide-key-guidance-on-employ/
>as long as sitting down doesn't conflict with whatever task they're doing, employers in California must provide a chair to any worker that wants one.

I guess George Costanza was a visionary.

Standing all day is worse actually. You're less focused, worse blood circulation, worse for your joints. The best way is the mixture of sitting and WALKING, standing is about the worst thing you can do to your legs.

>Sitting all day is bad for your health. Let's stand!
>OK, standing all day is bad for your health. Let's add a treadmill so we can walk in place slowly all day!
>OK, constantly walking on a treadmill is also bad for your health and the environment. Let's all just go back to sitting.
Hmm...It's almost as if you're not supposed to be doing the same thing day in and day out...

Is everyone in the thread retarded?
It's not about sitting or standing all day. You can adjust those tables and switch between the two.

Med student here. No reason to be embarrased. It's a pretty mundane problem all things considered and no self-respecting health care professional would want to make you feel bad about getting it treated. Also, if it's painful after defecating, it's more likely an anal fissure.

Why doesn’t anybody just make a desk that does both so you can switch quickly when you feel like it?

Standing desks are usually motorized so you can change from sitting to standing in 20-something seconds.

Huh, that sounds awesome.
I’m going to need to look that up.

OK, and you're acting as if a desk that gives you the OPTION to stand isn't providing variation

>California
of fucking course, but this isn't limited to them
gas station attendants have the option of using a stool as long as they've performed their duties around the store, but I guess it depends on the store on the east coast, but if you work in a wawa you can fucking forget about that shit

the way i see it is if is a problem youre environment needs to change/ you need more breaks. i usully run on 3 hours sitting, 1 hour standing. grantEd i dont work a 9-5 anymore because honestly fuck that.

>Are they a meme?
Yes, "they" are.

Yeah, they're pretty cool. I think they range from around 400 to 800 ++ monetary units though. Cheaper ones can be wobbley at full height.

>open office meme
>standing desk meme
Glad I don't work there anymore.

open office and standing desk? its bad enough people stand above their cubicle walls at my job

nah they are awesome, can sit or stand, but most importantly you can adjust the height perfectly for you. Even if you only sit at one of these, the fact that it's at the exact right height for your body is incredible and will help your posture immensely

That sucks dude. Do you know which kind you have? Have you ever had an event from sitting down for too long?

Attached: 34.png (862x863, 341K)

Had a large DVT going from calf to pelvis when I was 20 years old. The condition was discovered afterwards on a cat scan (basically most of the veins in my stomach/pelvis area are either malformed or missing, it’s called veinous agenesis). My lifestyle up until then was mostly sedentary, but the doctors told me I’d have gotten a clot at some point regardless of my lifestyle.

Am now on thinners for life, doing cardio everyday and trying not to stay too sedentary (the doctors told me 2+hours was a no-no, also no more airplanes). Adjustable desk is a life saver for a UNIX geek in my situation.

Literally Cashier Training.

I have one and very quickly I noticed that I don't really use the standing feature at all, but the table is useful as fuck when it comes to quick height adjustments.
When I change my chair for example to a more reclining position, it's easy to just press a button and have the table adjust to optimal height.
I haven't regretted this purchase at all despite not using it for standing.

Bit more story on it.
>only mid level or higher managers merit cost of the 1k standing desk
>they all jump on it
>they power trip on the fact they are "standing over" on their department.
>meme wears out after a month or so and they go back to sitting.
>10-15k desk upgrade all for nothing now
>our pleb request to replace the 2 barely functioning microwaves serving 180 people or atleast add a third goes unheard because of "budget restraints".
Fuck off.

>can't spend $400 on two microwaves that help the grunts
>spend $10k on desks for the faggot managers
day of the rope can't come soon enough

>follow google
>find this
>mfw no face
youtube.com/watch?v=7Helf_yrTn0

Lol fuck you summed up my experience at every large fortune 100 company I've worked for.

Most of Jow Forums seem to think "adjustable" means static work environment in one position.
That said, there is a lot of jobs where once you have gotten to the desk you will only leave it twice a day: For lunch and to go home. Or more if you need to go to the toilet, which happens. Which is why they are terrible jobs.

If you're on your computer for more than 6 hours a day then no they aren't a meme

FYI you should shit for 15-20 minutes for every hour you stand though. Just standing for hours on end also isn't good for you.
That's why all sit/stand desks are easily adjustable

I thought hemorrhoids are supposed to heal on their own naturally
Like all doctors will do is give you a donut to sit on and antibiotics which don't actually help heal the hemorrhoid, just makes sure you don't get a shit infection.

>cashier
stop begin astisemitic

Jow Forums here
the "sitting is just as bad even with exercise" is a meme made up by fatards
tire yourself out at the start of the day and recover while sitting
good luck brahs

when we'll have technology to float during my computer time?

Meme IMO. I have one at work. If I want to stand I usually go for a walk. Maybe if you are tied to the desk for long periods it is useful but I am not.

If I could have a desk move with me as I walked, that would be great. Standing on the other hand is uncomfortable. Either walking or sitting.

my knee surgery cost more than my house

I prefer them because I'm one of those fags who has to pace.

>being inactive all day everyday is bad
>maybe people should go to gym or walk more instead of sitting all day
>OH SHIT SITTING ALL DAY IS BAD?!?
>BETTER STAND STILL ALL DAY
totally misses the point

Depends on the stage and how bothersome they are. After ointments and treating constipation they can shoot in rubber bands that grab in and elevate the anal mucosa thus drawing the hemorrhoid tissue back inside (Barron ligation). And after that there's always surgery.

>FYI you should shit for 15-20 minutes for every hour you stand though

I think that only works on american diets, there's no way anyone can shit that much.

I have flat feet. If I had to stand all day I would probably die of pain.

lol meant should stand. I guess I had shit on the mind

>doing cardio everyday and trying not to stay too sedentary

Sounds like Jason Statham in Crank where you have to stay moving.

Godspeed user, thanks for the education

kind of a meme
modern diets are trash for your joints and other connective tissues
sedentary lifestyle is not so much a problem when you aren't consuming a bunch of sugars, processed crap, and toxic shit causing degeneration in your joints

Best solution would be what Linus uses. Treadmill + standing desk.

wat?
I haven't seen him in any of his videos using standing desk or treadmill

>be american
>paying for health shit
>get shot

the dude who made linux faggot

www . zdnet . com/article/linus-torvalds-offers-a-peek-at-his-messy-office-and-zombie-shuffling-desk/

yeah, same dude who owns LinusTechTips youtube channel
your point?

It is known since ancient times that the only position where the human body is completely at rest is to lie down, anything else will make your body suffer, also standing still for more than 1 hour will completely destroy your legs sooner or later unless you wear very specialized shoes almost nobody even know exist or care about

Attached: 1322235786804.gif (282x178, 1.96M)

Eating disorder bitches stand all day because it is a way for them to lose weight.

me too, and i don't have hemorrhoids

Iirc it's always more about having more movement and variety at the desk, not just standing for 5 hours > sitting for 5 hours. While standing you can do stretches and fun little autistic "dances" and sit down when you want to rest, which is definetly MUCH better than rotting in a chair.

>no more airplanes
Have you had to ride a boat overseas?

Saddle chairs are a balance between standing and sitting and saddle chairs are in fact the master race

You want one of those stands that go on top of your desk that raises up and down. Neither standing still all day nor sitting all day is healthy. Changing the position of your desk every hour is ideal.

I would imagine that in his scenario, he'd probably have to buy a business class seat.
Usually business/first class seats allow you to lay all the way down like you're in a bed, or have an actual bed included.

drink way more water idiot. walk around every 30-60 minutes and they will disappear.

pop a treadmill under the desk

A meme.

Attached: proergo-ergonomic-kneeling-chair-kneeling-chair-stand-steady-chrknbl-2_600x.jpg (600x600, 42K)

Attached: 1512213790760.jpg (442x295, 38K)

Unironically tried this, typing is really hard.
It just feels like performing a circus act.

Meanwhile for normal offices the best choice is using a gymnastic ball. It act's as exercise for the spine muscles. This means also don't sit on it always but change between chair and ball.

Lmao. You can start pushing that shit towards a staircase or whatever. He'd be fucking trapped lol.

Attached: 1490721722471.webm (400x267, 2.88M)

its currentyear m'bro, the desk can magically go up and down at will. pretty kool huh?

not if it’s adjustable

i mean why not, price excluded

No issues with my standing desk. As they also can be put into a sitting position. So, all these faggots saying standing all day is just as bad as sitting all day are LITERALLY missing the point.

You can stand for a few hours or less. Then you can sit for a few hours or less. Your standing desk raising up and also lowers down.

Ta-dah! No fucking rocket science, dumbshits.

I have an L-Shaped standing desk. Had a normal L-shaped desk before. Got tired of always sitting. ( exercise 3 days a week, plus have an active job, where I'm standing most of the time. )

When I stand. I am more active, draw more, 3D model, write, do work shit. When I sit. I'm lazy, watch videos, play games.

That's what it did for me. I don't know for sure if it has any health benefits standing more, or not. I rode bikes most my life up till a few years ago. so my legs are in pretty good shape, no a hamplanet. ( Again, active. ) So it works for me. Just playing games and being lazy when I sit down. Standing, i'm more creative and get shit done I'd otherwise not do.

Attached: PayyneVR.png (821x565, 611K)

Unless you somehow bought the most absolute shit model or built it yourself standing desks will let you go up and down. Wow, it's almost like they literally accomplish what you thought they didn't!

I'm more interested in a standing desk for quick uses, from an ergonomic standpoint, the extended range standing are some of the only desk that are low enough from the factory for manlets such as myself.

When I was shopping around for standing desk I noticed that all of the motorized adjustable legs seemed to come from the same manufacturer.

me too

If he didn't have a beard his chin would be non existant

You just have to try. Here are some observations/opinions from me, who tried a standing desk for about 3 months before returning:
>I felt a lot more energized to do mindless/fun/light tasks
>Any posture held for hours on end is bad. But with a standing desk you're moving and switching postures all the time. Sometimes you sit, lean, etc
>Any time I need to have a hard think/program i instinctively sat down, instantly. This led me to being in those weird snaking positions which could not possibly be healthy
>If you have varicose veins you do not want a standing desk

Best of all words: Really comfy chair, but always always keep a tall glass of fresh water in front of you. You will constantly and mindlessly drink, getting hydrated and having to pee every few minutes. When you go pee, have a stretch and also refill your water