/spg/ - Smartphone General

Samsung Galaxy A8s Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 20181210_160124_687-1000x750.jpg (1000x750, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oneplus.com/oneplus-6
youtube.com/watch?v=d7V92Rlygzk
otterbox.com/en-us/samsung-galaxy-s9/alpha-glass-screen-protector/77-58283.html#start=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

H O L E

D R I L L E D

reposting:

I'm looking for a phone in the $300-$400 range that supports T-Mobile and has a decent camera as a gift, pls hold my hand I'm used to buying big dick flagship phones and I'm having trouble wading through the shit.

always rated the notch.

The XZ4 is shaping up to be THE smartphone to buy in 2019
>top tier internals
>3 meme cameras including one with OIS, a first for Xperias
>NO NOTCH!!!
>Note 9 tier display size
>side mounted fingerprint reader
>sexy aesthetics for anyone who's not a zoomer
the only drawbacks I can see if the display panel isn't ideal, the camera software is bad enough to drag down the whole lot and if they nix the 3.5mm jack/expandable memory support. Xperia UI feels really good to me so I have no faults there, I'll just debloat the Google/Sony Experience shite.
Tbqfh the lack of notch is all the incentive I need to buy it provided the camera isn't utter garbage.

Forgot to add
>flat display
another win in my book.

Attached: 2vAVQaSTPML9acHVPaVqkP-970-80.jpg (970x544, 46K)

>sonyshit

yikes

Can anybody recommend a glass screen protector that is of good quality but not a $50 whitedome? It's for a Note 8 with a UAG Monarch case.

Now that I look at it, they do have the speakers in the front too. Not sure how I missed that, yet another win.

Why does Samsung do so much meme stuff? Back then it was the curved screen, now this, in the future it will be foldable

I like it, it's like a taskbar icon now

a little bit too big for that

>when you compete with Apple to pioneer the next meme trend
removing the 3.5mm jack, adding a notch, meme curved displays, it's all about reinventing the wheel.

That hole looks downright scary. Why the fuck would they think it's an appealing design?

I think it's just to test the waters and see where it goes. Samsung usually tests out new hardware features on their mid-range phones and then they move them over to their flagships if they catch on, if anything the hole will likely not be around for very long unless Samsung attempts to hide the camera under an OLED panel.

Look at Nokia or Motorola buddy. They get updates

I noticed the Nokia 7.1 and it looks decent but it also seems like it doesn't support T-Mobile very well? Like I said I'm used to buying big dick phones that just support everything so this is weird for me. I was also looking at the Huawei P20 Lite, but that has the same problem.

>people think notches are dumb
>everyone is vocal about how dumb notches are
>major companies are literally only making phones with notches now
what is this meme

>Moto
>Updates

>I have to install windows just to unlock my poco

Fucking piece of shit lazy chinks.

Attached: 1544017080259.png (446x610, 517K)

Hi guys, my mom needs to put her sim card in my phone to transfer her number to a new phone she's gonna buy. Will this erase my google play data? I don't wanna lose any safe files on any online games I'm playing.

so what sms apps do you guys use?

Nokia 7.1, camera is pretty good for the price and it supports GCam which will improve the camera even more.

The US version of Nokia 7.1 has the following 4G bands and supports all the necessary bands for T-Mobile:
>LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 28, 38, 40, 66

It also supports VoLTE and VoWifi on T-Mobile.

Silence, the only usable one and not CIA niggered

Is the Google pixel 1 still viable? My galaxy 7 can't even keep an aux cord snuggly in the hole, and anything I use is just slow as balls.

Or maybe a pixel 2? Are they waterproof as well?

I shappose you want an ebin camera on your phone, for cheap? Get the Pixel 2, it'll suit you despite being an overall shitty phone especially outside the US.

pixel 2 is ip67 pixel 1 isn't

I don't really give a shit about the camera desu. I just want something that isn't slow. I'm in the usa as well

wtf
buy the redmi note 5 or something
the XZ1 if you can't stand chinkshit
both are sub 250 burgers and are overall better phones than the Pixel.

>Can’t get the good version of the Poco phone anywhere but India
Fuck Xiaomi

It's mainly just tech enthusiasts on sites like Reddit and Jow Forums who are complaining, but those people like 1% of the market. Your average normie consumer doesn't give a shit about a notch, or if there's a headphone jack, or if the battery is removable etc. All they care about is the brand, and what their normie friends will think of them.

>Look at Nokia or Motorola buddy. They get updates
For two years in the case of Nokias because they're conveniently locked down.

QKSms as well.

Three years of security updates

What is "THE GOOD VERSION" of Poco exactly?

Nothing to brag about really.

OnePlus 6 is back on sale for $100 off on OnePlus's own site, the 6GB/64GB is out of stock already, but the 8GB/128GB version is available for $479 and 8GB/256GB for $529
oneplus.com/oneplus-6

nvm, 8GB/128GB literally just went OoS as I was writing this, only 8GB/256GB version remains

I think one has a carbon fiber back

Still using my pixel 1 xl here

It works just fine for me. Mostly depends on what your needs are tho. Not waterproof but I'm pretty careful with my stuff and won't go swimming with my phone.

If you are having issue with the headphone jack, try cleaning it out with a toothpick

It's above average for a budget Android phone, which is what the majority of Android One phones are. It's not like the phone will suddenly stop working after updates end. Most people would be looking to upgrade after three years anyway desu.

Or better yet - don't buy a locked down device. Are their "True Displays" anything noteworthy?

Maybe someone here can help with ? I posted this in /sqt/.

Can someone link me to the website that lets you input a phone model and it tells you the cheapest places to buy it

price runner

It depends on what country you're in. There's Kimovil.com for chinkphones, Geizhals.eu for central Europe, Pricespy.co.uk for UK, Shopbot.ca for Canada etc.

That one appears to be bongland only
>kimovil
that is the one thank you

>450€ in Spain
A bit too expensive. For that money I could just go for the Nubia X

The whole point of the pocotrash is to buy the 64gb version and get a $50 256gb sd card and a decent case to go along with it, idioten. Stop being a retard, the armoured edition isn't anything special at all. A case makes your phone more durable than the kevlar shit.

>idioten
Are you Swedish? [spoiler]Vill du bli kompis?[/spoiler]

Signal, but nobody I text uses it, so its pointless.

>Buying a phone with less NAND
Enjoy your performance degradation

this and removing the headphone jack, nobody wants this, but I guess is right, they don't care about the vocal minority

wtf
the 256gb card takes care of all your storage needs
as for apps and shit, you need more than 64gb for it? Jesus

notches are okay, gives me more screen and doesn't intrude on any apps/games/videos, I'm sure majority of people feel the same way

No way
enjoy your shitty fullscreen experience

how is it shitty?
Notch gives you more screen by moving notification bar higher. What's the problem with that?

because after a point phone displays get too big and raising the notification bar doesn't help me since i need to use my other hand to drag it down

~5.5 in ideal for me and I don't even have small hands

Phone size is a completely different issue. I wish my phone was a bit smaller too. But with a notch, instead of chin. More screen, less plastic

>
user are you still here, why these recommendations?

>mostly use phone for communication, internet access, and music
>concerned about privacy
>trying to get away from google
are iphones any good? I don't know if I could live with one compared to my current phone

>inb4 shitposting
give me a honest answer

Data mining is not exclusive to Google. Pretty much every company does it

i'm about to pull the trigger on the OP6T and i've one final question, does the gcam noticeable improve things or is it just a meme, whatever that means

easiest way to minimize it is to just never use a computer but that's drastic

>raising the notification bar doesn't help me since i need to use my other hand to drag it down
Are you using an ancient phone/OS? All phones from the past few years have the option to pull the bar down with a swipe down gesture from anywhere on the screen. I believe even Nova launcher has that option so any phone could theoretically enable it.
If you aren't bothered by the lack of a headphone jack and that your privacy will still be violated (but not by Google), go for it. Just avoid the XR.

It looks uneven since there's no notch on the fucking chin and basically looks like someone gouged out your display. Very unnerving, it's completely unnecessary. Just another meme started by Apple
with 5.5"+ displays on most phones nobody fucking needs a notch for the minuscule extra display space that it gives.

>Just avoid the XR.
why's that?
it's pretty debatable but apple seems to be the lesser evil IMO

Yes it improves things, especially details in your picture and in low lighting.

best way is to realize that the diverse effects of data mining is targeted advertisment. You might see an ad for a thing you might be interested in
The horror!

>youtube.com/watch?v=d7V92Rlygzk

Pixel 3 XL is the best phone in this world.

What's with this privacy meme? Are you lads serious? Some subconscious excuse to buy an iShit? Come the fuck on, no one gives a piss about your life. With chinkshit I can understand but fucking hell it's just Google. Stupid faggot, it won't bite you in the ass at all, not once.

It's a cheaply made phone that embodies everything bad about modern Apple in one device. Placed next to an older iphone model or an android of comparable price, it looks and feels like a toy or a knock-off

I run adblock on everything anyways

>Come the fuck on, no one gives a piss about your life.
this isn't why
ah, okay

For fucks sake are there any cdma (verizon) phones that have unlocked bootloaders that are good for lineageOS

Reasons not to buy a note 9?
pretty tempted to get one

Attached: 47576907_289947511559878_7459634967903993856_n.png (650x1000, 1.06M)

it's got more than any human being can be expected to use or need and is more expensive than my entire life

how much would you pay for it tops? because im getting it kinda cheap

OG Pixel / Pixel XL, Moto X4, Z2 Play/Force. Sony XA2 is also certified for Verizon, but LTE-only. Mi Mix 2 is fully compatible with Verizon but not certified so you need a pre-activated SIM to use it.

Pre activated sim? I thought cdma doesn't have sim cards

bruh what

SIM cards are needed for LTE, since CDMA doesn't support that afaik.

i would never pay more than 600 for a cellphone desu

my last 2 have been like 500 ea.

I've been loving under a rock for the greater part of a decade, plz halp

>A fucking hole
>Flat display
>No headphone jack

OH NONONONONO!!!!!!!!!

opinions on the oneplus 6t? any other phone with a decent camera for that price?

>buy s9
>Jow Forums tells me curved glass screen is gonna break
>buy screen protector
>have to wipe it down a bunch because glass screen protector doesn't have oleophobic coting

where do i purchase this? i went o a bunch of tech and cellphone shops and no one knew what i was talking about, or they knew and had nothing. i even checked places like home depot to see if there's anything custodians use on glass doors or windows but no such luck

Attached: 17-2-1.jpg (556x506, 231K)

Oneplus 6
Pixel 2

How did you manage to buy a screen protector without oleophobic coating? Even the $2 glass screen protectors I order from China have oleophobic coating

Pretty nice phone for the price that only makes sense to buy if you like the new aesthetic/hardware refinements or if you're on Verizon or T-Mobile. The OP6 is better.
If you're willing to buy chinkshit the Mi Mix 3 is $475 for the base model and seems to have a much better camera on paper but the OP6/6T will still fare well at least with Gcam.

i purchased this one and it smudges way more easily than my great, naked screen
otterbox.com/en-us/samsung-galaxy-s9/alpha-glass-screen-protector/77-58283.html#start=1

Attached: Xn0lGJ8.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

Screen protectors are for scratches, not breakage. Take that shit off and stop being a pussy.

>Note 9 tier
What about the compacts?
>mfw phones will never be as comfy as Z5C/XZ1C anymore

Are you blind it looks curved as fuck.

my last phone only lasted for like 2 years (less, really) before the battery completely and irreversibly shit itself so i'm trying to baby this one desu senpai

Is the note 9 the only one that can act as a desktop-lite with a simple hdmi cable?

just because it's curved as fuck doesn't mean i'm not gonna call it a flat display. don't underestimate how retarded of a shill i am

Ok, you're right. That's a good idea, I'm sure the screen protector will help with your battery issue.

Need a mid range phone with great battery n camera. and good specs, mainly a high value phone.

Is the pocophone f1 good? Seems to have top end cpu n shit but im not a subhuman trash gamer.

Does xiaomi have a pocophone equivalent but with a super good camera for under 450$

Attached: 1544227553458.png (573x876, 764K)

thank you, you're a good and attractive person