ITT: Mental Health

ITT: Mental Health
Are mental illnesses curable?
Treatable?
Does anything we have so far work?
Is mental illness more prevalent lately?
Is it a fad brought on amidst a wildfire of weakness and vulnerability fads?
Was it exacerbated by chemical treatment of food and fluids?
It is learned or innate?

What are your thoughts?

Attached: well then.jpg (287x176, 6K)

Well in my case sometimes it works and others dont i take metilfenidato and atomoxetina 4 deficit of attention hyperactivity depression problems rage inducing episodes (havent hurt anyone since middle school) self-hurting thingy (too lazy to traduce on google) and sadistic and masochistic tendencies (i can get reaaaallly promiscuous)

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-11-12 at 4.44.49 PM.jpg (960x1280, 130K)

Dont know if it was caused by something that my mama eat or if i learned, ive had this thing since i was a child, like i said before i had some problems managing my rage, in kindergarten i break a girls nose because she break a drawing of mine, i hit my friends with the teachers chair, in middle school i realize how smart i was, and depression hit me up with that good suicidal shit, but didn't try anything till i tried to fight a thieve in the pesero (bus) and my only thought was to die, and my sexual relationships

Attached: UGLY.jpg (500x375, 18K)

And to finish you cant cure mental problems, you can just treat them and hope for the best, they came in all forms and shapes, but the most important thing is to not give up, even if you feel like drowning, like it would be so hot to stab the girl behind you in her sexy ass redhead, you just have to...live and thats it keep pushing.
If someone on bant is sick dont give up buddy we can do it :)

Attached: smocking pepe.png (906x799, 672K)

Don't give up smart user!

Thanks Brazilian fren

Attached: w2.png (560x531, 15K)

I think that it can be created by life circumstance, however I believe a lot of it is something one is born with. Not all people are alike; every brain is different. It's a tough battle with yourself when you already know right and wrong and you're constantly pushed by forces you can't understand. When you can physically feel the emotions of your thoughts. When you have to talk yourself out of dangerous choices. When terrible circumstances in your life show you how dark reality can be, it often reinforces those thoughts and feelings of what is supposed to be that you are always fighting. The people that we see committing all of these atrocities to each other or themselves are either numb to all of the humanity that pulls you back from that ledge, embracing that which applies this internal force and voice on them constantly, or got so emotionally charged that those constant mental whispers became screams. Screams are very powerful.

Attached: distance.jpg (1920x1080, 101K)

Well i met a guy in a sanatory when i was interned there, that had crazy depression and paranoic ideas, he would spend all night whispering to himself in the next room and also tied up, when he get calm we could chat and he told me his father rape him, and that her mother join on it, he literally had no one in the world no one but his cousin that put him in, and you have some homos that get raped as a kid and grow up to be gey, so i agree that you can get sick by life

I think mental illnesses are real. I wish they weren't. It's really complicated though.

I am a late onset epileptic, I've only had it since a couple of years and I'm in my mid twenties. I have temperal lobe epilepsy, and there's always some activity in my brain impacting me in some way, either its seeing warping or noise, or affecting my mood. I mostly get depressed when this happens, but I'm strangely fine after I wake up.

Here, you're labeled after one or two intake interviews. I don't think that's enough. If I hadn't met the right people, I would've ended up being labeled as schizophrenic!

Mental illnesses can be curable, but people need to stop thinking that only therapy will get you there. More often than not, medicines like SSRI's can greatly aid in the process, even if the side effects are horrible. It depends on the illness though, and a lot of the time I guess it's just learning how to cope and live a productive life.

>rage inducing episode
so it is like a super power, right? you can become Hulk?

Attached: 3C23955F-2235-4B56-B0A6-C511AABAE37D.jpg (750x724, 96K)

If you start an SSRI you had BETTER be ready for the long haul. Coming off of that stuff is similar to heroin withdrawals.

Dont be retarded, but almost, youre vision gets blurry and its like watching a movie in red, got into a lot of fights as a kid, the worst one i ended like pic related, but at the time i didnt feel the blows or kicks nor the pain, but afterwards i was sad and hurt

Attached: hurt wojack.jpg (780x818, 133K)

I've got a friend with an extreme social anxiety and really wish there was a cure for mental illnesses. He really fears group activities a lot but lately could join a group of friends to chill, watch a movie and trash talk through the night.
Well, he can really get loud when he's a little drunk, then I'm asking why he doesn't realize or fear of blaming himself because he is blaming himself at this moment but somehow not recognizing it. He also got prescribed some pills, maybe those aren't the best combination with alcohol.

Attached: 1537438065319.png (192x194, 47K)

Damn sleep withdrawal... my English grammar is continuing to decrease in quality.

Attached: 1540237946088.png (275x456, 202K)

Do you feel there were certain circumstances that pushed your friend to end up the way they have? Or do you think that there is no good reason for this person to feel that way, and that maybe they are just "wired that way from birth?"

I think that while some medications can maybe help, if the problem is situational, maybe the treatment should be more therapy and mild medications, but if it is chemical/innate, then it should be dealt with using more medication and mild therapy.

Attached: images.jpg (295x171, 7K)

Mental illness isn't curable. I got diagnosed with OCD when I was 14 and I'm still plagued with compulsions every day. It mandates the way I do everything that I do.

But it's still treatable. I can tell myself that I don't need to do these compulsions/rituals and I can distract myself with other things so that I forget about the anxiety that I feel when I don't submit to whatever I feel compelled to do.

I'll never shake being autistic though. I can handle talking to people, and I get very little social anxiety. But I still struggle to make small talk with people because I either say something that's fully-autistic, or I don't say anything at all because I can't think of something relevant to say. I'll probably always be like that, I guess.

please kill me

what seems to be bothering you?

I get depressive psychotic episodes, hear voices and see people, and intense paranoia that only occurs during extended periods of high
socialization. I also discovered I’m a sadist and enjoy regularly abusing my girlfriend and forcing her to take cocaine
>curable
no, I’d say my symptoms are likely treatable but I haven’t bothered seeking help. I’m studying to become an illustrator and my issues help my creativity and provide a calm and rational mental state while working
>learned or innate
parents tell me theres a family history of depression and anxiety. As for the sadism, it mainly manifested itself after previous girlfriends begged me to hit them

Attached: C5C06AD7-30A1-454F-ACDA-380F4BA599CE.jpg (3456x2592, 1.12M)

i want to disembowel a guy

One guy specifically? Or just anyone? What feeling compels this thought? Anger? Pleasure-seeking curiosity?

What increases this feeling or thought? What dilutes it? Are you just being funny, or is it a genuine reflection of your inner desire?

>tfw sperg with anxiety, depression and ocd
wat do lads?

Is he me?
If you really care, push him a little into social situations.

Anyone. I think it manifests from loneliness, I don't have friends I can see regularly.

Life is pretty much whatever you want it to be. Even if what you want out of life is really fucking stupid to everyone else. If you can somehow manage o find something, ANYTHING in this world that makes you happy, fucking run with it. And don't let anyone take that from you. Because even though we may not all know it, we're all trying to find that thing that makes us want to run. We spend the rest of our days trudging forward aimlessly otherwise.

It's pretty heavy. I've had some heavy drug withdrawals myself, the heaviest being gabapentin, but I know they don't hold a candle to SSRI's.

>Are mental illnesses curable?
Yes
>Treatable?
Yes
>Does anything we have so far work?
Yes
>Is mental illness more prevalent lately?
Without a doubt
>Is it a fad brought on amidst a wildfire of weakness and vulnerability fads?
Yes
>Was it exacerbated by chemical treatment of food and fluids?
Yes
>It is learned or innate?
Learned

I agree with you on most points except the chemical influence shit, but please explain why some families have a greater tendency towards psychosis and schizophrenia than others. Some mental illnesses, because they're physical in cause, are influenced by genetics.

bamp

saged

No
No
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Innate.