What's a good book for someone who never had a father figure in his life?

What's a good book for someone who never had a father figure in his life?

Attached: 1536841172206.jpg (1000x711, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zpcVfpAX2kY
youtube.com/watch?v=GpFudDAYqxY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bible

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

Funny how this book gets recommended a lot on this board yet the author was adopted which Jow Forums insists is absolute cuckoldry.

Beat me to it

Heinlein's Citizen of the Galaxy.

This, although no book is gonna substitute a father like figure.

I had an uncle, grandfather & older brother who acted like that for me growing up. Now it's my girlfriends dad. Guy loves me & treats me like a son more than his own son lmao.

dragonball z
You'll fucking love it, nigger.

manga

Attached: DYHaMSPX4AAoabn.jpg (835x1200, 515K)

12 rules for dating my teenage daughter or whatver by jorden petersson

Lost in the barrens

For whom the bell tolls. Some hard men. But also brave men.

This is my personal favorite.
I never had a father figure and really relate to the main protagonist.

Attached: 497199.jpg (267x400, 22K)

Goosebumps classics Let's Get invisible!

Aristotle - Nicomachean Ethics
(In fact, the book was dedicated to his son. It was never meant to be released to the public).

Marcus Aurelius - Meditations
(This also wasn’t meant to be released to the public. It was his personal diary).

some good books already posted but also a guide to confident living by norman vincent peale

Come on the answer is obvious

Attached: BE559A67-2BE9-4B4C-8178-818B77C2940F.jpg (363x499, 57K)

Search your feelings you know it to be true. /pol is your true father.

Attached: 51315DCC-93A6-4F54-AFE7-E41C3B61525D.jpg (680x914, 61K)

Mein Kampf

>yet the author was adopted which Jow Forums insists is absolute cuckoldry.

>thinking the Roman concept of adoption is in any way similar to the modern concept

Most Roman emperors were adopted as adults.

Starship troopers by Robert Heinlein.

The military in this book is paternalistic.

Teaches you the lessons a father should have.

Then look at the Moon is a harsh mistress.

Teaches you about being a man and shows you multiple paths to that end.

Divine Comedy

Can't go wrong with this one.

Attached: 717VrgS6G7L.jpg (774x1247, 131K)

Attached: image.jpg (822x1024, 76K)

Meditations is good for self reflection and developing leadership traits but it will never substitute a father figure.

the godfather by mario puzo

read it until you know how the don thinks and how the same thinking changed Michael.

Final Exit

Attached: 51WE7Bo7nbL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (327x499, 48K)

The Way of Men.

Catcher in the Rye

Seneca - Letters

The Catcher in the Rye

Based. Fpbp.

while revealing we don't get to read that one here in europe.

>that flag
>Those book suggestions

user, you're just more of an example that libertarianism and fascism can get along quite well.

Yuyu hakusho

King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature if i had to say first thing which comes to mind

Pushing to the Front - Orisen Swett Marden

Available for free at LibriVox.org

My Two Dads

Culture of Critique

>I had an uncle, grandfather & older brother who acted like that for me growing up.
>Now it's my girlfriends dad. Guy loves me & treats me like a son more than his own son lmao.
I feel like a broken clock. I'm tired of everything. Never show it and never let it interfere with anything. Ivy league degree, good leadership, great social skills, but I feel like I'm out of steam, like I shouldn't exist. I don't want coddling or hand-holding. I just wanted a good family life.

Attached: 14814_1.jpg (728x410, 53K)

>I just wanted a good family life.
Create for the next generation what you never had

Satyarth Prakash

Attached: swami dayananda sand art.jpg (960x607, 61K)

Idk why this book and books by evola and Hans Herman Hoppe aren’t appearing on Jow Forums anymore. These used to be prerequisites for posting. I guess the volume of >being this new’s and shills have pushed out the essential material in exchange for eceleb “books”.

>Create for the next generation what you never had
I can't put into words how badly I want to build a good, strong, happy household with a traditional family.
But I feel I'll never trust anyone enough for that. I didn't see the light until after I graduated college this year, by then I'd seen so much of what makes people these days fickle and ungodly, I couldn't fool myself into trusting anyone enough to start a family if I wanted.
I know how easy it is to get girls to put out, how tempting it is to stay bluepilled, how hopeless it is to expect any kind of awakening in the people around me. None of it stops me from excelling, succeeding, thriving the way I did at my school. I've gotten through shit you wouldn't believe and still come out on top. Ivy league schools are a meme these days, but I shouldn't even be alive after some of the shit that happened to me when I was young. I'm at a point where nothing gets to me now.
But all that degeneracy, drinking, girls, it all hollowed me out. I'm insanely independent but I only know how to stay strong and confident as long as I'm an island. The idea of a family, of people with whom I can actually share my life, seems so out of reach. I still love my country and I'm ambitious and hard-headed so I'll probably get through a top 5 law school, maybe become a judge someday and do my best to push back against leftist faggotry, all through sheer hatred and strength of will.
But I feel like I died a long time ago and now I'm wandering in a place where I don't belong.

Attached: 1537756687796.jpg (1384x640, 45K)

Wow. I was gonna say the same. Specifically, Psalms and Acts. Compassionate but stern guidance with Psalms, and Acts shows Fatherly ass whuppings to rebellious children. Amos is short, but a good read for Jow Forumsacks. He fits Jow Forums in the way he questions God sometimes but this serves not as a negative against his faith, but as a positive that contributes to greater understanding. He also tells Israel's people and it's leaders that they're messing up badly. History repeats.

Attached: Empty.png (672x419, 210K)

Regret the blogpost. I've never talked about this and something about this user's post got under my skin and brought all this out.

Adoption can be cuckoldry.

I think he's gay but he technically speaks the truth.

Attached: thishelps.jpg (893x1360, 207K)

What Men Know That Women Don't

What do I do when both my parents passed away this year when I was 18? I go to an elite university and I hate it when people ask me what my parents do - I just lie and pretend they're alive and work in insurance, while everyone's parents are all poweful and important people. I'm stuck here alone for Thanksgiving.

Attached: good_will_hed.jpg (1099x740, 68K)

Play Fallout 3. Screw books.

Attached: C3u1Vh3WcAAyn28.jpg (540x539, 35K)

Based and redpilled

>freedom
>cant read a book

the absolute state

Holy fucking shit, are you me user? You go to an Ivy too?

"COUGH"
FUCK JANNIES

Attached: Higher.png (879x602, 527K)

please go back

>What do I do when both my parents passed away this year when I was 18? I go to an elite university and I hate it when people ask me what my parents do - I just lie and pretend they're alive and work in insurance, while everyone's parents are all poweful and important people. I'm stuck here alone for Thanksgiving.
I know that feel user. All the drinking and fucking couldn't fix it. What school are you attending? And what about you user Where are you studying?
I was at Dartmouth, and I'd throw these huge parties around the holidays, literally hundreds of people at them. But deep down I hated it all and never felt a shred of true happiness. You keep busy all year round, so it doesn't get to you for the most part. But the Holidays are always a bitch.

youtube.com/watch?v=zpcVfpAX2kY
youtube.com/watch?v=GpFudDAYqxY

Attached: 23bm LEAD Daniel Day Lewis Pg5.jpg (660x413, 27K)

Go with Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, already had a few people recommend it, I'm doing the same. I had a very shitty father, this helped. I'm parroting what's been said here already, it won't substitute for a father, is what it is. Sucks, but it is what it is, sooner you accept it the better.

Advice to get you in the mood, watch Gladiator then Centurion then read Meditations, will help get you in the mood. Thing with Marcus Aurelius, he was already educated in philosophy and he also had the hard job of emperor so it's all condensed. Part I liked most, if you focus on it you can tell he's not reading it to you, he's reading it to himself.

Columbia. I've made sure to never pick up the bottle because my dad was an alcoholic, but I just feel myself drifting away from all my friends. I don't care anymore about silly parties - the only thing that makes me feel better is working and studying, keeps me busy to not think about what's happened. I know this isn't healthy in the long run, but I don't know who to turn to. I don't trust any damn shrink and I know people won't respect me if they know my background. You have any advice on this?

I had some friends invite me to their place for Thanksgiving because I told them I didn't know my plans yet, but I turned them down and am just going to bum around on the train throughout the NE next week.

>You have any advice on this?
I don't trust shrinks either. The medicalization of serious societal problems is one of the biggest cop-outs of our present culture.
I'm incredibly social, ran a frat for a bit, so I'm fine when I'm around people, even around screeching SJWs.
But I've always been incredibly averse to sharing anything personal. It's hard to bottle shit up, but I honestly don't regret it. I do regret the few times I came close to almost sharing some heavy shit with all but maybe two people I know. And even with those guys, it took me years to simply touch on some very complicated things. I'm not atrusting person, but as much as it sucks, I wouldn't change it. I know I'd get eaten alive if I were weak.
I don't know what it is you're grappling with right now, but I'd say just keep developing your ability to be a different person when you're out and about, and break up the time you spend by yourself in solitude with either socialization or independent outdoor activities. I know the city's kind of trash for that, worked there for a bit during high school, but hopefully you can find stuff that suits your tastes. There's a lot of things to do.
I'd say take up your friends on their invitation and be a genuinely good guest, be a mature participant, basically foster resilience and just be a man. Otherwise, NYC during the holidays will make you want to kill yourself.

This.
Kermit B Pepeson's entire bit is that he's aiming at guys with no strong male role model.