Why haven't you told me how comfy it is, Jow Forums?

Why haven't you told me how comfy it is, Jow Forums?

Attached: csharp.png (256x256, 4K)

It's basically C++ with a non-shit syntax.

Actually it's Java with syntax sugar.

Couldn't be further from truth.
We've been telling you all the time but you've been saying "MUH MS BOTNET" despite C# being an open standard with multiple open source implementations.
>but muh gooey frameworks
Easily the worst parts of the language only made tolerable by Visual Studio's WYSIWIG editor.

I was always telling this, and NOW its getting better and better by miles with .net core

because Jow Forums wants you to use Gforth

>Events are not first class
Sad!

>implying WPF isn't the best GUI framework available anywhere
>implying any reasonable developer cares about the WYSIWYG editor when writing XAML by hand is easier, and the editor doesn't support the major MVVM frameworks anyway
You sound like you've been using Windows Forms like a pleb.

It's only good on Windows.

>implying WPF isn't the best GUI framework available anywhere
Not implying, outright saying. Even winforms is better than this xml abortion.

WPF has a high entry barrier, especially since you need to learn MVVM alongside it, but once you do, it's easily the best GUI framework I've seen so far, much better than anything in the webshit world, not even mentioning garbage like GTK.

>Couldn't be further from truth
It has a significantly better syntax than C/C++, are you retarded?

t. programmed in neither of those languages

You get the added bonus of Visual Studio being the best IDE by far and M$ buying everything up so they can add more shit to their .NET pile.

I can see that you didn't.

Not that guy but you said

>Its basically C++

In what way is even C# comparable to C++ except the fucking C in the name. C# is like 5 times slower than C++ at its worst

Attached: 843728369347.jpg (700x680, 57K)

How?

Because it's not comfy at all.

because you can't get it in apt-get yet or with a ppa

Attached: Microsoft-Heart-Linux-620x250.jpg (620x250, 25K)

The problem is that it has no real use case.

>sudo apt-get install dotnet-sdk-2.0.0

Low-performance desktop applications and games (Unity3D).
Some people use it even for servers, even when a language like C++, Rust or even Java would be a better choice.

Anything involving Azure?

y u no apt-get c-sharp-repl

Game development, and a good stepping stone for learning.

Would you call it game development when its only Unity (and Godot) using it

Qt, dear imgui, keera hails.

Should I be learning Java or C# first?

java

Java is ugly and stinks of fried dog poop, but is also in much higher demand, sadly.

Java, but at first you should learn C.

If you know C, it's fucking easy to learn other programming languages. You just need to learn OOP then and thats not so hard if you already know functional programming.

How do you make a {{{solution}}}} on ganoo+loonix. C# linters just don't work without one

Unfortunately. Java.
There is a lot more busyness demand for it, but learning Java will basically teach you 80% of C# anyways so you'll really end up learning both at once in a lot of ways since they do share a fair amount of similarities (IMO C# is Java done right).

Not him, but what if I already know Java and OOP? Should I learn C too?

Java feels like a downgrade to C# but if you're looking for $$$ then Java has more prospects. Fortunately, their syntax are very similar.

I work with C# daily and it’s a beautiful OOP language. My next step is to integrefrate F# for data processing and then it’ll be wonderful.

Learning C is useful if just to be forced to learn more and practice memory management and working with much more strict subsets.
Getting familiar with C can make you a better programmer elsewhere even if you're not writing C code as your end goal.

Install Microsoft Windows.

because kotlin exists

Totally. Just get a book and code something for your credentials for your next job.
You can even code OOP in C, even when there isn't any practical reason for. ;)

C was my first language (I learned it in my IT vocational training ) and never had any problem learning another language.
C++ in one weekend ( will std library ). PHP, JS & Python together in another weekend.

If you seriously consider those even close to WPF, you either never used it, or were too dumb to learn it and tried to use it like Windows Forms.

Out of all the GUI bullshit, keera hails and dear imgui were the only tools that didn't get in the way with some abhorrent scheme of "properly" tangling the mess.
Thank you very much but i'd rather KISS with dear imgui or keera hails than buy into all these webshit memes like MVC, MVVC, MVVVVC, VMMMMMVVC and whatever comes next.

>>C++ in one weekend ( will std library ).
nigga what

Attached: Learn+c+in+21+days_7ee339_3181601.jpg (700x600, 86K)

Yes.