Dad really wants me to get into tech

>dad really wants me to get into tech
>scoffs at my idea of majoring in math instead
>makes 250k a year and won't pay for all my college
Are techies the fucking worst parents to have? Sure they have money but they don't have social skills necessary to raise a functional family.

Attached: download-5.jpg (258x145, 9K)

Tell him about getting 300k starting, any job he wants.

Are you actually talented at math? Cause he may be right. Academia positions are slim, and without coding skills, what are you gonna do with a Math BSc?

Can relate good buddy

If it’s what he loves, come to Oklahoma where you’ll get paid shit but basically having schools suck your dick to teach.

dont major in meth you fag. Major in african american studies

>WAAAAAAAGH DADDY WONT GIVE ME FREE GIBS FOR COLLEGE
Man the fuck up and figure it out for yourself. His job as a parent is to make sure you can live independently by the time you're 18. The money he makes is none of your concern, more importantly it's not yours to have or spend. Loans exist for this purpose, I suggest you use them.

Attached: 1269292141805.jpg (1103x900, 152K)

>invest in student loan companies
>force kids into heavy debt that stops them getting onto the property ladder
>property prices fall
>fucking millennials not buying houses!

this

>take standardized test
>no longer pay for college

>implying op has many choices
>implying I'm to blame for student debts
>ignoring the fact that op is obviously a useless leech that relies solely on his parents
Ok? I suppose OP should just conjure the money from thin air to pay for his college. Or better yet, he should DEMAND that his dad pay his college. I'm sure he deserves every cent

Fucking retard

>Man the fuck up and figure it out for yourself
>His job as a parent is to make sure you can live independently by the time you're 18

Attached: 1543161640521.png (743x720, 463K)

>His job as a parent is to make sure you can live independently by the time you're 18.
Nah, his job is to keep the sorry maggot alive. It's just common courtesy to inform them when they're getting kicked out and to give some advice on how to prepare for that.

>teacher
>getting paid
pick one

>majoring in math
Is this you?

Attached: 300k starting any job i want.jpg (640x427, 33K)

The job of a parent is to make sure that their child has a better life than them. Whether this means getting a factory job over farming or attending university, it doesn't really matter. Ideally the parent should help pay for their child's college, so when the parent is old the child can care for them. Or you can be a fag and totally cut your child off and live in a fucking nursing home because you were too much of a hardass to help your family.

i know that feel. step dad and his partner (who did all work) sold their tech company for millions 15 years ago and now he is the smartest person since aristotle. he forced me into cs but i droped out and eventually became a magistrate of economics and started my own business. i was struggling for years and he was constantly mocking me. was about to go bankrupt and then i won a lot of money on lottery. naturally i played it off as if i earned the money myself so i can stick it up to him whenever i please. i went as far as buying his faggot son a ferrari spider for 18th birthday after i found out he bought him a bmw convertible. tell your father to fuck off and study what you are interested in. when you succeed it will be so worth it

Thank your dad. Pure math is useless, the money is in applying it which means tech.

If you want to get good at maths, calculate how to get the money for yourself.

Heh, underrated. nu fags leave now.

Financial analyst or applied physics scientist

> parent
> job
yes goy, everything in life is a job and can be framed as profit and expenses, you don't need to form relationships or care for each other, least of all your family, now come, let's leverage synergy and fulfil your fiduciary duty to the shareholders

I wish I had a techie for a dad instead of the luddite who wouldn't let me do computer programming because "You'll mess up the computer." I often think about how much further along I could be if my formative hacking years weren't stifled by ignorant parents.

The sad thing is that americans unironically think like this

these are the first sings of narcissist personality disorder. better get yourself checked by a professional

actuary or finance
boom

this is why chinks are beating us

>makes 250k a year and won't pay for all my college
I don't hate boomers for having an easier life than both generations around them.

I hate boomers because so many of them fell for the bullshit "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" propaganda dished out by the wealthy families of this country, to keep the wealthy families wealthy and the poor families poor. Fucking gullible retards.

Attached: 1486696484377.png (649x611, 639K)

>teacher
>you'll get paid shit

Can't read?

My parents fucked me similarly. They made too much money so I was disqualified from any loans and so I couldn't go to uni despite getting into all the best ones in my country for CS. Boomers will get the gas.

Attached: 1539642914357.jpg (680x550, 26K)

Dude wtf is wrong with you? You wouldn't do anything for your own flesh and blood?

>look mom I replied to everyone
Do it again, this time with gusto

Attached: 1489525502712.jpg (300x360, 25K)

What's your dad's job?

Ok watch this

YOU'RE ALL ENTITLED MILLENIALS AND YOUR PARENTS DONT OWE YOU SHIT

Perfection.

Attached: 1514940786825.jpg (239x340, 51K)

Attached: stop.png (900x900, 629K)

In the US, a degree is the new high school diploma. Your chances of success has little to do with your major or GPA, so long as it's something STEM.

Autistic Andy majors in math at a top 20 university and gets a 4.0 GPA. He doesn't socialize. He never joined any clubs. He never pursued internships. His professors don't even remember his name.

Winning Chad majors in CompSci. He has a 3.0 GPA. He's the President of the Programming club that won $8M from a DARPA challenge partnering with 3 other top 20 schools. He's completed internships at Microsoft, Google, and Apple. His professors attended his wedding.

Chad isn't going to do better than Andy because of his choice in major.

Ill vent too. My parents make a combined total of roughly $130,000/yr

I paid for my $1600 chraigslist shitbox working at taco bell, currently paying for my own college, their christmas budget on me when I was a kid was $150. They didnt take me out for food with them except on my birthday.

they don't owe me anything just for being wealthy, I got free internet and food and they don't act like I owe them anything.

Just dual major retard. If you wanted to major in maths in the first place it's not like it won't massively benefit your CS abilities.
Convince your dad to help you and at least pay your tuition if you get into tech, then just take 5 years instead of 4 to dual major.

Why do americans have no concept of family?

I was Autistic Andy, except I majored in CS instead of math. Graduated in 3 years with a FAANG job lined up. Social skills and connections don't really matter as long as you get good grades and can pass the interview.

European here.
I have a friend who finished math but half way through wanted to start learning proper programming to better job prospects, but wasn't able to manage his time to do that.
I'm not sure if your university will require you learn python/matlab/etc. but if I was in your position I'd go to study CS. Both you and your dad will be happy, some courses are so much math inclined (and I found them so hard - lol) you will be surprised.

You're pretty stupid for a whole lot of reasons. And also really, really wrong.

Nuclear families are dead and the rapid change in PPP with no increase in socialization of education or healthcare has led to a massive disconnect between generations.
Peoples parents think that even with higher costs, it should be possible to work for it and cover it. They come from an era where that was difficult but entirely possible and associate this complaint with the lazy people from their generation.
Millenials (whatever that means) equate this with greed and laziness from people who have already achieved success, coupled with an upbringing and culture that has prized participation trophies over acknowledging failure.

So the result is an overwhelming prevalence of broken families, parents who think their children are lazy, and children who think their parents are greedy. Everything is expensive as hell so now nobody wants to help anybody and everybody is pointing fingers.

>was raised by Grandparents
>Grandpa made $200K+ as GM of a contracting company
>Would make me work around the house
and on their rental properties paying me $9/hour during my teenage years
>had to pay my own phone bill
>had to buy my own car
>told me when I was 18 to get a job or go to college
>thought I'd be smart ass and just sign up for a couple classes at community college
>they were smarter than that
>kicked me out
>had no place to go
>ended up moving to Texas
>crashed at a Steam friend's house for few weeks
>got a job
>rented a room
>lasted about 6 months
>moved back home
>stayed at my Dads place
>absolute trashed trailer with cockroaches and mice
>can't live this lifestyle
>get into University
>grandparents allow me to come back
>graduate
>get comfy job making $60K at 24 years old
>25 now
>realize that hardass parental figures only wish the best in you

> He doesn't socialize. He never joined any clubs. He never pursued internships. His professors don't even remember his name.
Either you avoided any higher level math that wasnt purely computational or you haven't attendd/graduated.
Math majors are tightly knit as all fuck, especially with professors.

CS graduates are a dime a dozen now. I'm close friends with one of hiring managers at the biggest CS-hiring company in the area and 9/10 applicants they get are completely fucking retarded despite being fresh graduates.
Part of that is the local university being of low quality. A bigger part of that is every dipshit thinking CS = Money and stumbling their way like a drunk fridge to a degree with a 2.5 GPA because they can write basic Java and google everything else.

>>scoffs at my idea of majoring in math instead
What the fuck? What kind of person respects tech more than math

Rich people don't stay rich by blowing fat wads of cash every 3 seconds, and they know the best way to teach fiscal responsibility is to not give you anything excessive.
My dad gave me $2/week allowance when I was growing up, most everyone else I knew got either nothing by being poor-poor, or $25+ even if they were lower-middle class. If I wanted more I could earn $1 for every person I could beat on chess nights at the local Barnes and Noble, and I was 12 playing against grown ass men. I got a quarter for weeding the garden, a quarter for doing dishes when it wasnt my turn, a quarter for cleaning when it wasnt my turn, and so on.

You bet your ass I can live on $200/mo after rent/insurance.

A good CS programs teaches theory of computation, architecture, parallel computing, hardware integration, etc.

Most local schools I researched had a meme curriculum of JavaScript, Java, web apps, being the next big thing, etc. Really nothing focusing on programming. Then I applied and got into UVA and it was completely different. Hardly any of the classes I had even gave a shit what programming language you used. It was up to you to learn that stuff. It was all programming and theory. How to solve problems. How to be efficient. How compilers work. How kernels work. How HCI works. Advanced algorithms and techniques. Theory of computation.

I think the difference between a good programmer and a bad programmer is a good one solves problems and worries about the code last. A bad programmer worries about coding and knowing 15 different languages but has no clue how to solve problems and do anything without given specific instructions to code. These are the Pajeets in India we outsource all of our coding to these days. We hardly any code anymore. We just find various methods of improving our software and then telling the interns or our affiliates in India what to do.

This about math and CS. You have to socialize in higher math, because academia is a society.
And cs... Well, I wouldn't increase anyone's chances of success based on that degree. STEM, yeah, but not CS.
As others have said, there has literally been a "conspiracy" (read: combined effort) by companies to lower cs wages. Overall, this is good for society because we need lots of software, but in general for the tech community it's pretty shitty.

CS is not Software Engineering is not Programming/Coding. Unfortunately, those terms are used interchangeably. Programming/Coding graduates are a dime a dozen, and most colleges have a program in that. Some colleges have true "Software Engineering" and "Computer Science" courses, being focused on software construction and software theory, respectively. Those ones are actually good, but they're rare compared to people who have ""computer science"" degrees.

You dont need social skills to raise a family, you just need them to get one. You're probably fucked.

>the entitlement coming from op
gee i wonder why he doesn't want to give you money, maybe not being humble at all has something to do with it

To be clear my school isn't *awful*, but I think in the interest of passing students (which almost all schools have a vested interest in keeping a higher rate of) the standards are lesser.
There was huge emphasis here on algorithms, architecture, distributed & parallel computing, even a great course on computer graphics (rendering not painting). I took all of them and every time I left that class thinking "Well that was neat", but at _least_ half of the other people who passed said they still didnt understand a fucking thing and that it was unbelievably hard.

Universities don't really fail people anymore. They want more money for research so they have little reason to be harsh, especially with the new going-standard of everybody getting a degree, having a lower rate of graduates implies your program is bad or your teachers are bad and now it's harder to get more students and more funding for research.
So sure, you don't understand what the fuck you did, but you tried, so you pass.
Now everybody with a CS degree is probably retarded because EZ MONEY LOL and true, lots of companies need retard codemonkeys to program for them.

But my point is that going into CS is more likely to get you some shit job as Chad because Chad probably doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Autism Andy probably does because Math departments have no such incentives.

why he not change wife if she produse only retarded babys?
buy Bitcoin on all money and run in azia for hapy easy live with 15y old azian slave?

>i bought an expensive car for my step dad's son
holy shit this is a new level of cuck, except gayer

Get a loan if you want to do math you entitled shit. Sound like too much of a brainlet to actually succeed in it anyway.

Fuck off and learn some English, mentally deranged pajeet.

I had a few professors that passed just about anybody who gave effort but really didn't learn anything. But UVA is pretty good in regards of actually giving a shit about their students. For a public University, they compete in a lot of fields with the best of the Ivy Leagues. I know if you get into the MBA program here, you're set for life.

There's a ton of Universities around here and they're pretty much all party schools full of sorrow for not making it to UVA. Although I honestly feel VT has the best programs in technology than UVA. But I couldn't live with myself being a Hokie.

who the fuck want to only do maths. For most people maths are just a tool or even just a requirement to get into STEM.

>real pajeet in the wild
so this is what a pajeet sounds like

Attached: 1542644699200.jpg (600x616, 132K)