They will switch to Chromium by 2020

They will switch to Chromium by 2020.

Attached: firefox.png (512x512, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gs.statcounter.com/
tonsky.me/blog/chrome-intervention
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Actually, I think they're trying to switch to Rust

They'll switch to Chromium because the web will be developed and optimized for it. They're already insignificant and will have no choice if they want to save whatever market share they have left.

probably, that's the only chance they win some web devs back, and they can waste more money on outreach programs

>Look up web resource
>W3 or Mozilla
>No Google, no chrome, no Android
What are u barking about?
"Features" in IE made it insecure and everyone stopped using those features in place of more secure ones - so the web developed past it.
Looking at the climate of browsers Firefox actually has less features, making it more robust and more likely to have predictable actions. One major reason people stopped using I.E was because they wouldn't know how a website would render - where as in Firefox or chrome it would be fine in IE their homebar would be in the middle of the page.
This can already be seen happening with everyone's slightly different extension suite, and Chrome's "it needs to work no matter what" approach. It's already becoming more insecure and irrelevant than Mozilla.

I don't care. I'll use firefox until I die.
Good meme developers will build applications that work on both no matter what.

Attached: 1536105077797.gif (500x370, 1.88M)

why are SJWs so incompetent? Do they need more donations for hormone supplements?

servo will save us all

and stylo

They won't survive till 2020.
They will go bellow 5% market share next year and collapse into themselves.

Imagine being this out of touch.

Probably.

A CEF compatible Firefox backend post Servo would be magical.

Someday icecat will be more popular than firefox.

lol

You need a lot more than 5% market share to keep a company alive.

Everyone will be using a chrome based browser.
Even edge is being replaced with a chrome clone.

Please no. Chrome is so shitty. I can't take it.

Do you literally live under a rock

I'm not so sure you do. Market share isn't as important as number of customers; market share * size of market

Everybody FINALLY hates Google now, so Chrome and its ilk will fall by the wayside soon enough.

lol. i just came to Jow Forums to post shit about the latest SHIT updates and this was on page 1.
Indeed. Will a good explorer be created?

If chromium is to become the standard then the project should be split off of Google and run by a non-profit like Mozilla. The whole project should be run like the Linux kernel project.

5% market share in a world of 7 billion people where half the global population uses the internet is still pretty good raw numbers.

hmmm thy already did long ago
gs.statcounter.com/

Chromium =/= Chrome

Honestly firefox's engine has better html and javascript support than chrome. I don't know why Microsoft is so fucking incompetent. The problem with Mozilla is they make it as hard as possible for people to user their web engine for their own projects. It's making them fall behind.

That's like 100,000 million people. There going to have to trim some fat.

Worst post I've seen all day

Fuck 'em then I'll fork.

No they won't.

Like most Firefox users, I don't care about the rendering engine. I use Firefox for the ability to customise the UI without having to compile it myself. As long as that doesn't change...

Why would Firefox switch to an inferior browser engine?

>Why would Firefox switch to a superior browser engine?

chrom*/blink is less performant on real world benchmarks than plenty of other browser and their engines.
its reputation is based entirely on subtle "psychometic" improvements that give it the sebmlance of speed or smoothness in lieu of actual performance.

tonsky.me/blog/chrome-intervention
Chrome is continuously breaking the JS standard – basically, Chrome is the new IE.

benchmarks don't mean shit. chromium just werks, while firefox will increasingly become incompatible with the web.

you have to be 18 years or older to post here

Attached: 1514129959393.jpg (350x383, 75K)

Perfect shitpost dude. Almost took you seriously

You are arguing with a 3rd world troll.
>performant

Attached: br.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

That means you should leave.

Whoever you are, I apparently filtered you already but you have proven again your words to be worthless. I really shouldn't have opened your post. Instead of forming an argument, you found a word that is not in a dictionary. However, it is widely debated that it should be put into a dictionary. You have proven to be arrogant and incapable of thought. You are worthless.
I should point out that I am not the person you are speaking of but your post was just so bad that I feel the need to remind you your place. Tripfriend.

thanks for the pasta

lol whatever, your English is so fucking bad, almost every pro Firefox post in this thread is littered with poojeet psuedo english.

They add features slowly. There were promises about it getting Tor and IPFS tabs. Brave got Tor tabs in it's beta while Firefox devs are still dicking around with muh gender and minorities.

Tor devs are better off rebasing to Chromium. A lot of the issues that made it insecure have been patched.

Chromium is more difficult to work with. They'd have to do a bunch of source code changes while with Firefox all they have to do is alter a few lines in about:config. Firefox is still generally more secure.

Just use qtbrowser.

I just wonder what the actual numbers are, if IT freetards didn't force install on workstations even less people would use it. Maybe its already below 5%.

so close, im venezuelan; those fascist brazilian pigdogs dont care about FLOSS, only shitty overpriced gaymer hardware.

Attached: canaima-linux.jpg (448x359, 64K)

I think they will be dead before they switch.

Yeah. The quality of posts on Jow Forums in general has been on a steady decline since 2015

>a post that saying the underlying reason Firefox is shit
>but it offends you
man, leftists are really living in lalaland

>You need a lot more than 5% market share to keep a company alive.
Apple tied for first trillion dollar company with 5% market share.

soi messes with their brains.

they already do on mobile.

see firefox focus.

>>a post that saying the underlying reason Firefox is shit
nope
now go back

Mozilla at this point is just chris beard depositing millions into his own bank account while crowing about being a """"""""non-profit"""""""".

ooooooooh, he told him to go to back Jow Forums !!! how will he ever recover???