Should I switch from nVidia to AMD? I have a 1070 Ti, I was thinking of selling it to buy an AMD GPU...

Should I switch from nVidia to AMD? I have a 1070 Ti, I was thinking of selling it to buy an AMD GPU, plus my monitor is FreeSync (I know it's not GSync but it was really cheap and 144 Hz) so I could take advantage of that.

Attached: nvidia-vs-amd.jpg (640x360, 28K)

Consider it only if you use linucks.

1070ti is a sweet spot, you really shouldn't upgrade to anything. Getting a vega56 will actually be a downgrade, and a vega 64 is marginally better while costing A LOT more.
just keep your card and maybe switch your monitor to something with g-sync.

I went from a 290x (with a freesync IPS 144hz 27" 1440p)

to a 1080ti. i can live without freesync, So high frames was absolutly worth it.

wait with the upgrade until you get a 100% performance increase at the same price point. that way you get most for your money.

>Getting a vega56 will actually be a downgrade, and a vega 64 is marginally better while costing A LOT more.
It's not 2017 anymore

why would you get rid of a perfectly good card for one around the same performance level? adaptive sync isn't that important

>Getting a vega56 will actually be a downgrade

vega 56 is equal to the 1070ti, depending on the games. vega 64 is faster but why upgrade for a small margin? just wait to see what 2019 brings

AMD has no drivers
Either enjoy your monthly driver troubleshooting rituals or stay with the 1070Ti

I don't use nVidia, but unless you have problems with using it in Linux there is no reason to change your card in the considerable future.. Seriously there is not a good update in sight for the forseeable future.

it would be. Vega competes with the 1070, not the 1070ti. Not everyone wants to dump 400 watts into their medium-skew gpu to overclock it while running at 80+ degrees, AMDrones.

>has freesync monitor with nvidia GPU
kek
>it's cheaper to get gsync monitor than vega GPU
lmao

I'll be honest with you man. I have a GTX 670 and I still see no reason to upgrade. What the fuck games are you guys all playing to justify these ridiculous GPUs?

All these new games are fucking terrible.

I am a fan of AMD, but I will freely admit they are not very competitive at the high end GPU market right now.

In the mid-tier of the market, the 400 and 500 series are just fine. I have a 480, paid $200 at launch, and have been very happy with it. To get 1070ti level performance, you'd need to get a Vega 56 or 64, which tend to be over-priced and power hungry.

Wait for Navi, or keep your 1070ti.

Or downgrade to an RX 480/580 an pocket the difference.

Is there even any quality differences between gsync and freesync? Asking for a friend.

> Should I switch from nVidia to AMD?
Wait for 7nm first.

There are some bad FreeSync monitors, but the good ones work just as well.

Vega 64 is 399$ in newegg. 1070ti sells well as used. If care that much about muh FreeSync then go ahead. Personally I would just lock games/monitor on low fps instead if you have tearing issues.

No unless your buying graphics card under 300 dollars

i bought a refurb 1080ti (with warranty) for £480. I've got a 970 and a 1080p monitor which i'm upgrading to 144/1440p soon a gsync IPS one goes on sale.

can't decide whether to send the 1080ti back and get a 2070 or maybe 2080 when the prices drop?

Is 7nm just going to be another meme?