Firefox is pathetic, their market share combining mobile is less than 5%

Firefox is pathetic, their market share combining mobile is less than 5%.
My prediction: Firefox will be dead to 2020.
Free to screencap this.

Attached: 2018-12-12-115605_1176x594_scrot.png (1176x594, 121K)

Message to Firecucks: Stop using dying trash, switch to Chromium like a real man

bump

Thank god, SJW's should crash and burn.

You will never get me, stupid (((Chrome))) shills.

Attached: 1536644576416.jpg (499x499, 41K)

Will never use Chromium/blink.

Will use WebgitGTK if I have to with Epiphany.

Nowadays, many people think that internet = chrome kind of like what IE was back in the day. I wouldn't be surprised if firefox dies off eventually.

Firefox is the best free software browser on Earth.

Change my mind.

Waterfox is the same thing without the retarded Mozilla faggotry.

Why should I care about this "faggotry"?

>wanting pocket by default
>wanting Mozilla botnet by default

>Firefox will be dead to 2020.
>dead
Unlikely
>will become another Chromium reskin
Quite possible

>will become another Chromium reskin
that is sound dead to me

On the bright side, IE will die along with it.

I don't understand, please form proper sentences. What is "pocket" and when did I say I want it? What is the "Mozilla botnet" and when did I say I want it?

Don't forget about icecat my man.

>Chrome browsers now at 75% and rising
>this is fine
Fuck that. What we need is a true lightweight browser to compete with it, otherwise the web is going to disappear in a pile of proprietary bullshit like back in the IE days. We need to kill javascript. Stuff like youtube, openstreetmap, etc need to be factored out into their own programs.

Javascript has indeed bloated the internet... But what can you do, it has provided us with a lot of functionality.

Firefox died when Soros became lead programmer at Mozilla. We Waterforkers now.

Nothing has changed. The early 00s you had to deal with proprietary plugins like then proprietary java or adobe flash. Now it's all javascript.

hopefully Dart makes a comeback :)

Attached: dart.png (439x137, 9K)

Still beats fucking Safari.

>using a browser compiled by Intel's compiler
>double down on the botnet
>unironically trusting Intel in the current year

Attached: 1542731960574.gif (193x135, 1.57M)

No. Fuck no. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. We need to kill the entire concept of turing complete client side scripting in web browsers. It is the root of all webshit evil, from the massive bloat to the rampant security issues.

But not Brave.

Brave is just another chromium reskin

The only functionality javascript has provided is updating a html page piecewise. Everything else is either pointless bloat, evil tracking garbage, or shit that should be in its own program.

Competent developers can use JavaScript efficiently.

You're not a web development are you?

>web developers
>competent
kek

It's closer to ungoogled chromium than regular chromium.

Still in the end a reskin

A particularly useful one, considering you can control javascript with it.

Not a hipster cultist, no.

You're quite right. And then chrome complexity will skyrocket.
In 2020 the only viable option for anyone who has more than just a web browser running on their PC which could run two copies of Crysis but which struggles to run a copy of Chrome with more than 10 tabs will be gopher or the text based web browsers.
It's amazing that the world at large has gotten so much better but in just a mere 10 years the software and web world has gone completely to shit.

i'll make the logo

Windows must be awesome then.

enjoy your botnet

At the rate things are going I'm probably going to unironically switch to a text based browser or something in a year or two.

Nah, it will be another niche browser.
>2018
>caring about what browser you use when almost all mainstream flavors are just shadows of each other.

You people seem to forget that the only reason why Chrome's usage is so widespread is because it has always offered a superior experience. No operating system besides ChromeOS comes with Chrome installed, yet people are willing to download and install it on their new machines. Every single major web browser in existence has copied the Chrome look and feel, including the single address/search bar.

I can see Mozilla deprecating Gecko in favor of Webkit. Firefox is already a niche browser.

Do you mean Blink?
Webkit is completely unmaintained for years now.

Not him.
but ffs you are an idiot.
You want pocket. Why else you would be using default firefox that comes with pocket?
you want botnet browser that instals plugins and tracks you without your permission BECAUSE YOU ARE WILLINGLY USING SUCH BROWSER YA FUCKING IMBECILE.

If they would stop making retarded Blogposts about diversity and inclusivity and instead would just fix long lasting bugs they could maybe climb up to 6%.
Their mobile browser is also complete fucking aids.
Start working faggot

>Switch to botnet, because everyone else did
How about no

You do realize that Chromium/Chrome is made by Google, probably the biggest SJW corporation in the world lmao

>imagine being this autistic to think that just because Edge switched to Chromium that Firefox will do the same.
What a bunch of Goolag fanbois.

>and this impacts me in anyway
Google was never an option to begin with, on the other hand Mozilla opted to do SJW shit instead of making a better browser so I really do hope the normies make Firefox obsolete.

Attached: surfin.png (1366x768, 299K)

>Stab JavaScript with your steely knives but you just can't kill the beast.
Richer form controls is all that's really needed but its not going to happen because google, microsoft, apple, mozilla, etc., and governments all want total botnet. Were fucked for the mainstream internet.
In therory I don't even think javascript is that bad, you can do neat stuff with it, but it seems everyone using it includes as much botnet as they can.

That screenshot gave me aids

It's too bad that's it's literally impossible to write a web browser that performs to web develops' demands.

Opera has been at 1% for decades and guess what, they're still kicking.

looks disgusting

its caused by normies, no one what's to read plain text anymore, it has to be followed with nice effects and pictures and the days of having to refresh the whole page every time you clicked a link are gone. main stream killed it again.

The only salvation is to move to another obscure tech for freaks, build it and then when mainstream kills it again we keep moving.

>Imagine using Opera

You should try is for a week. You'll probably realise that the content on most of the websites you visit regularly is actually shit.

You're forgeting about the "gets advertised on Google search and Youtube" reason. That's the main reason.

?? but I didn't want these things so I didn't check the button that asked if I wanted them.

im unironically using opera right now

any normal chrome/firefox extension can do more than brave can you genius

Brave is just a marketing scheme to get money. Look at Brendan Jew Eichs history.

Google has at least some Kind of legal responsibility. Brave is so small I doubt anyone on their teams cares a slight bit about privacy or security but money

install memevaldi

(((They))) will never get me to switch to Chromium/Blink

Attached: Goanna_layout_engine_logo.png (510x195, 47K)

By becoming Chromium reskin which is Firefox future as well

>No operating system besides ChromeOS comes with Chrome installed
my Android did

All hail the new era, the era of qutebrowser!

>Webkit/Blink
>no adnauseam

yea no

>2018
>using anything other than surf
the absolute state of Jow Forums

This. the core concept of html is great - it just never got updated. We need a declarative way of specifying UIs and updates which is non-turing complete.

humans are only humans, and with the power of turing will always fuck up.

>uses webkit
>minimalist
The absolute state of suckless, you mean.

UNGOOGLED
CHROMIUM
only problem is that it takes for days to compile for me kek

The First Law of Program Bloat: every (heavily used) program will, eventually, become turing complete.

ungoogled chromium, patches, etc. it's open source and better than firefox so contribute to it.

that's a small price to pay for protecting your privacy

>ungoogled chromium
>""""""ungoogled""""" botnet
lmao have fun

>software wars

reminder that this board is just /v/ for autistic people

>that the only reason why Chrome's usage is so widespread is because it has always offered a superior experience.

*Because it's shoehorned into every software installation package from lightweight noname applications to fucking motherboard driver CD's and cattle doesn't have time for trifle things like reading what the fuck is about to worm its way into their computers, nor are they offered things like Firefox anywhere visible

Attached: 1544544862159.png (672x787, 979K)

>install Firefox
>edit about:config (or just copypaste a custom user.js) to remove the pocket bloat and mozilla botnet)
wa la

>Waterfox
Stuck on version 57, no modern extensions work for it. You might as well just use Brave.

Waterfox supports most webextensions, actually. I only found a few that are totally incompatible, stuff like cookie autodelete simply disable features not supported by waterfox.