Are MacBooks and ThinkPads the only laptop computers worth considering?

Are MacBooks and ThinkPads the only laptop computers worth considering?

Attached: C82353E4-76C8-415E-97F3-766F7672C247.jpg (2000x1333, 464K)

no, only thinkpads because trackpoint

What’s the thinkpad to get in 2018?
Needing a laptop but don’t wanna pay 2 grand for a piece of shit (seems to be the norm these days)

Dell XPS is good but expensive. I have a ThinkPad but honestly it's nothing special. They're so easy to get fingerprints on that it really triggers my autism.

Depends on the price. A free laptop is always worth considering.
>inb4 give it back jamal/kareem/tyrone etc.

Latitude, Thinkpad, and MBP

Attached: ea4f50a6-bbf3-4e1a-920d-6fb4ff24b0f1..jpg (612x433, 52K)

how is that 7000 dollars in thinkpads. Was the pic taken in 2011?

Ive got a dell g5 15 and I love it. Get the 256GB ssd model and then just throw in your own HHD and save yourself about $300

>trackpoint
>red button
>distracting enough
>nothnx

I feel like Jow Forums has just been “Apple btfo” for too long. I grow so tired of it.

same

might as well end up buying mac

Thinkpads and Dell XPS if you don't mind having no clit.

Buy a real macbook next time

My new job (5 months now) gave me a Thinkpad Carbon X1.

1440p screen, ultra light, powerful, great battery. I would say it’s the Thinkpad to have right now.

Still wish I could go the Apple route again but my companies software is incompatible.

A lot of people have been burned by the shitty Dell quality of the 00's, but the XPS line is probably the best you can get right now in terms of build quality + everyday usefulness.

Chinese companies are starting to push some really nice stuff (MateBook Pro X etc), but trusting those sneaky chinkies to not scrape all your valuable info is a bold move these days.

>Jow Forums doesn't like Mac
>Huh, guess I'll buy a Mac
We hate them for a reason. They're overpriced, break easily, and customer support might as well be shoving a dick up your ass every time they "help" you.

Attached: 1528553395181.png (1280x720, 411K)

Just got the XPS 13 and it's amazing.
Everything just werks

Overpriced
>money is relative, and when it comes to a cheap hobby like computers anyone with money doesn’t give a shit about 1200 vs 2000 when it’s going to be your mainstay for years.

Break easily.
>citation needed

Customer support
> the best I’ve had from any company period. Set a Genius Bar appointment and get your shit taken care of

If the thinkpads last forever, why do you need 7 of them?

Bragging rights

>Set a Genius Bar appointment and get your shit taken care of
That'll be $1,200, sir. Please do the needful, sir.
Don't mind the issue was just a bent pin, pay up the $1,200, sir.

>hey kid, i bought 7 of the same outdated laptop look at me!
yeah ok

Sucks to be you nigger I have 10

I'm pretty sure that was from a small business environment with multiple computer users.

the patrician choice is having your job provide you with a mac an iphone then do all your work ssh’d into an openbsd vps. every laptop is a thin client nowadays so get the one that connects to the internet fastest

T480

I much as like think pads they cost a fortune brand new. Do good laptops that doesn't cost a fortune even exist

owned a latitude 14 years ago,
then had a vostro 10 years ago, but it generally felt a lot cheaper.

still own the vostro and it works.
how is the quality of these nowadays?

look at him, can't even use the quotation function correctly.
as expected of an itoddler

perhaps you should start taking adderall you sperg.

Fujitsu Lifebook
Panasonic Toughbook

>using windows
>"zero issues"
yikes