Is there any point of microsoft office outside of school or an office job?

Is there any point of microsoft office outside of school or an office job?

Attached: 1534587272614.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Absolutely none, that's why it's called "Office"

There's no point in it there, either. Fuck "offices", everyone who works in them is a faggot, and so are you.

I'm personally pissed off with my university, that they enforce usage of microsoft student accounts as I'm CS student and GNU/Linux user. I check it probably twice per month, but every time I have to go through the pile of similar shitty websites like Microsoft Imagine, Microsoft Office and so on, in order to find where my account is, BECAUSE on every fucking site they have exactly the same login panel with exactly the same background picture, of course it won't let me in without allowing javascript few times, after I'll be taken to their web-app main page, which probably consumes x-times more resources than my operating system, where I'll click on one of the dozen flat icons, and eventually I got to my outlook account. To be honest, after first year in uni, I eventually memorized that my account is at Microsoft Office branch.

Why not just set up thunderbird or something with your student email dude?

Confusion came also from the fact, that I have different student subscription accounts on other Microsoft platforms.

That's what I do with my emails. But it won't let me. And yeah, it's on university domain, not @outlook.com.

no

Attached: Microsoft_Home.png (340x244, 2K)

Then you are just retarded. You just need to change a few fucking settings and manually configure it.

Does anyone here even use libreoffice?

I used it just the other day to automatedly remove 10s of thousands of line breaks from an old long form doc of my father's that had been fucked by many file conversions between his MS Word and Google Docs. Incidentally, I was running a similar process on the same doc using my son's faggoty ass Windows 10 machine with WinWord, and it took an hour, while LO on my shitty old Debian laptop was done in about 10, which INCLUDED me DuckDuckGoing how to fucking do it.

there is no point of microsoft office.

Yes. All of my essays are done in librewriter. Powerpoints are done in Impress. I have zero need for excel or anything else. Just works

Yes. I dont use any of the bloat features on microshaft orifice. I even intentionally do a horrible job with any of the programs in libreoffice so no one will ask me to use that shit anymore

This. Microsoft email accounts support IMAP just fine.

>it won't let me

What is POP3/IMAP

>t. soi cuuck neet

It's been quite a many years since that was even possible for me to be. Try again.

I replaced MS Office with Libre Office at the boomer dominated small business I work at and set it to save as Docx and Xlsx by default. No one noticed. Saves a ton in Office 365 fees.

the interface is an eyesore, but it's pretty powerful

Are you the weirdo who argues with the professor in mid class about using linux?

>inb4 loonix is just a kernel

i use it for presentations and other random shit when normies need me to view their .doc file.
otherwise vim + latex

Microsoft Office is obsolete because google docs and libre office replace it easily.

Isn't docx the format microsoft keeps changing to fuck up the compatibility with other software?

>office software
>"is office useful outside office?"
Come on OP

Many people still refuse to use anything but a .docx file for everything and not to mention years ago .doc was for everything.

Haven't run into a problem yet.

ITT: A young Jow Forumsgentooman realizes there is little use for software outside of it's purpose

Crazy, I know

/thread

You all have to buy the Office365 subscription. No one will escape paying.

Attached: Satya-Nadella-quotes.jpg (778x518, 46K)

>office software
>is there any point outside of an office

Attached: 1470705265671.png (334x586, 163K)

NPCs do not count as people

You know you can disable both of those in 365 Admin Center right?

The people who use the advanced functionality in Office that would cause incompatibilities would've noticed the switch to LibreOffice.

Excel is neat. Powerpoint is just a sideways PDF. Outlook is unironically good, but there are free email clients that are good enough. Word, meh. I'd rather use LaTeX.

no because linux has the same shit