How the fuck do I get a tech job

Mainly interested in Sysadmin but even with experience in networking and virtualization I don't know what I'm lacking that makes employers keep rejecting me

Attached: 1528083856870.jpg (540x721, 85K)

Degree, certifications, and connections.

Beats me. I can't even get an interview.

Any recommended certs?

>connections
I understand how this helps but I don't see how anyone can actually get these without already having them far in advance? Like how do you just "get" connections?

Attached: 1525844066613.jpg (1080x1080, 774K)

Attached: certs for sysadmin.png (1232x695, 79K)

>it shows up first on google so it must be the best!
are you a 40 year old mom

It's better than some recommendation from a random neckbeard that has no experience on Jow Forums so yeah.

Do you even have basic A/N/S + some cisco certification?

I got my first internship that I start in a month after almost a year of applying. This place was my first response and first interview for any kind of tech position

Just takes a lot of will power, alcohol helps

>Like how do you just "get" connections?
meetup.com
look for anything resembling any aspect of computers
defcon offshoots, lan parties, hackerspaces (or makerspaces but that's stretching it), explicitly labelled IT people gatherings, etc

Good luck buddy

I'll hire you if you dress up as a cute girl for me

What kind of certs do you have?

b-but what if I already am?

Attached: 1542918873917.gif (728x720, 550K)

i work a bullshit retail job not even in the IT field and i feel like ive already somewhat made connections. my boss's husband needs intern, so does my friend's dad. u gotta put yourself out there

Stop coming to Jow Forums no one here knows anything about practical systems administration.

I don't know if I can help you but have a coloured version of that picture.

Attached: sun-chan-colour.png (1080x1442, 581K)

Experience in networking and virtualization
Start there you dipshit.

I gotta stop applying just to listings that look like fun, don't think this is how it works.

>connections
otherwise known as how companies turn to dogshit. letting dumb people in (because HR is dumb) then hiring their dumb friends

RHCSA/RHCE, CCNA, ITIL, Microsoft certs are expensive I think so probably skip them but learn about windows server admin, set up a full production homelab

Apply for jobs in cloud infrastructure, sone firm legit needs private cloud but most of them are retarded thinking that having a private cloud is better than public cloud.
My point is a lot of jobs in that area, its a relatively new field so easy to climb the hierarchy, and you get to do almost the same shit a sysadmin, I worked there and I must say it's enjoyable.

Attached: 1543464564800.jpg (1006x706, 163K)

>sun-tan
Hue hue whoever made this is a funny little joker