Why would anyone build their own budget system when business surplus exists?

Why would anyone build their own budget system when business surplus exists?

Attached: 1539853626977.png (309x474, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAFuawsN-1I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>no LEDs
What boomer trash is this?

dell power supplies have always been sparky sparky gabage for me, but that beats my PC

however i bought mine for $250 6 years ago and only spend $15-20 here and there to maintain it.

phenom 2 x6
8gb ddr3

i bought a heatsink and 2 power supplies over the years due to 2 black outs.

this thing is from 2012

Literally fixable with a $5 PSU adapter and a $30 Seasonic.

Can you just throw a gtx 1080ti in this?

What's a good Optiplex to get for gaming? Plan to upgrade PSU and GPU.

will the shitty office tier power supply handle one of the most power hungry cards?
i dunno user
but srsly, 1050ti is about the best thing you can put in there

Why get one with an i7 2600 when the i7 6700 ones are the same price?

Because I want something built in the last couple years.

I don't know, OP. I tried to tell Reddit and they said I got lucky and noobs would have an easier time building a full PC than buying a used one and putting a GPU in.

The value is ridiculous. You don't need to change the PSU if you aren't going beyond 1050 or maybe 1050 Ti. You just have to read up on all the bullshit names for the PC sizes. I think mini tower is the biggest size with the best parts.

Mine even came with a legit win10 pro key built in to the mobo. Installed a fresh win10 copy and it worked.

The fuck are you talking about?

>sloppy seconds

Who cares if you have to change the PSU. You can get a decent 450w for $25 on sale. I'm thinking Optiplex with a 4590 and a GTX 1070 Ti. Am I crazy? The whole thing should be under $500 and dump on custom PC's costing $1000 more.

Some people grew out of the megatron looking tower shit after leaving high school.

Rocking a thinkcentre m93p with a 4670/1050ti and a dell t3500 with an x5570/1070.

Where do you find these?

Ebay

There is no ryzen surplus

My in law got one of these with 8 gigs of ram and I got him a 1050ti as a gift. He has a sub 300 dollar gaming computer that will play any modern title at 1080 at high settings.

Whats the beefiest Ayymd card I can put in one of these without replacing the PSU?

NVIDIA drivers are cancer on linucks.

It's like a joke. Why would anyone buy anything else. Or a console for that matter.

>Or a console for that matter
Exclusives and playing online with friends

Because most business PCs run 32-bit windows would be my guess.

>1080 high
Thanks for the laugh

You can just install a 64-bit copy of windows over whatever crap is on there, it's just a regular x86-64 architecture pc.

I don't know which one are worth the money please tell me the secret

>intel
Because AMD builds let you upgrade all the way to 16-core processors. Zen 3 might bring 32-core processors but I'm not sure on that part.

Attached: huge.png (1119x719, 633K)

Fool you could have got this for only $1450.

Attached: Capture.jpg (788x239, 30K)

We play games here.

Look at the specs and use your brain. Dell seems popular. If you aren't able to look up CPU specs then this project isn't for you.

I'm using an Optiplex 9020 with ram slots out the ass and an i5 4th or 5th gen. Advice from Thinkpad general carries over. You need to know the name of the devices you're searching for.

Also ivy bridge has like 20% lower IPC than coffeelake and 25% lower IPC than zen+ so this is essentially a 2.5 GHz quad-core zen+ chip with no SMT except it consunes like 100 watts.

google the cpu

By the time you're ready to upgrade it will be cheaper to just buy another used $200 business PC.

So WHY would you go with an INFERIOR intel CPU?

If you have a zen+ system right now all you have to do is upgrade the CPU not buy a completely new computer. The ryzen 3600 8-core chip will be just $170, do you honestly believe you'll find that performance in a $170 used desktop?

Attached: 1534326485713.png (1824x1026, 431K)

>(OC)
>Percentage Difference

:^)

The point is there's honestly no reason to use intel for gaymen or anything for that matter, the chips constantly overheat and thermal throttle and require expensive exotic cooling to keep from shutting down. Don't even get me started on frame stuttering.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9YL0wvNzc0OTIxL29yaWdpbmFsL0Zhci1DcnktUHJpbWFsLUZyYW1lVGltZW9C (709x457, 92K)

frame times over 20 ms. yikers

Depends on what you want to do. For me a replaceable ATX size PSU is a must.

What if it's x32-yourmum?

>x32
filtered

oh yeah forgot about this, I really hate proprietary parts (case, PSU, motherboard, cables, etc.) that you must buy again to fix your pc, what should I buy then

I think i7 4790 is the highest Optiplex you can get before even the midtowers have proprietary PSU. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've a comparable CPU with same graphics card and get playable framerates @1080p even in new titles with highest or second highest graphics settings. I don't keep fraps in a corner to masturbate to how many frames I'm getting. Sure as hell beats any console's performance though.

how am i supposed to know the computers running fast enough if there's no rgb leds?

Recently i saw linus video:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAFuawsN-1I

Then i search some cheap pc deals, and saw one about 50€
SPECS:
>Dell optiplex 380
>core2duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
>4GB
>Standard hdd drive (230GB)
>Suports gpu pciexpress LP

Its a good deal, for facebook flash games?
Since my family member mostly does that and some tv stream and youtube.

RX 460 / RX 560.
I had an absolute aids time trying to get a RX 460 working on motherboards that didn't have proper UEFI support, to the point where I just gave up, somehow worked fine on ones that did have UEFI.

I gotta get off my ass and put some of my builds on CL before Christmas.

>it's upside down ATX

Integrated Intel GPUs of that generation can't even run YouTube at 1080p, but if you put a GT 1030 in there, replace the E8400 with a Q6600 and slap BSEL on there and maybe replace the RAM to 8GB it's okayish, still too much to invest to make things "bearable".

Would just say stay clear of it and opt for something that has a i5 at least, I managed to get a HP Elite 8200 a while back for €90 including shipping.

I'm not so sure, I believe they're trying their best for their stuff to be incompatible with open standards. I think they're pretty iffy about some voltages, like -12 or -5 that usually are very weak on ATX PSUs

ok, it was too good to be true.
I only have experience in work stuff pc/laptops, not too much in gaming stuff.
Thanks for the advice.

tfw you responded to bait

>Integrated Intel GPUs of that generation can't even run YouTube at 1080p
But an E8400 should be able to do it in software. My X2 5200+ could play 1080p60 Hi10P in MPC-HC, and an E8400 beats that by a mile.

I'm planning for nexgen Radeon/AM5.
Also, I hate those cases.
Unbeatable value though