/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1544666792992.png (1207x919, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
my.mixtape.moe/mrnhkx.pdf
newgrounds.com/art/view/mrstrangersalley/futaba
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no australian power supply

Attached: Capture.png (681x525, 63K)

what is this fetish called? post more

What do you mean? It's called headphones.

Also how come no one EVER mentions the ATH-ADX5000 when multiple people here have the hd800? Is Stax the true endgame and can beat everything at 1000+ or a meme?

Attached: NCpuNrD.jpg (2048x2048, 251K)

i didn't even know that existed, i wish they would rerelease the original ad2000

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

LOL, Stax shitphones are literally audiophool garbage

post the uncropped image

Sauce?

Stax incels on suicide watch

Small white cock was rated lower in blind tests than a BBC by Sapphire.

Nice headphones, here's your mastering bro.

Attached: .png (899x274, 17K)

Give me enough (you)s I’ll buy this paper and post it.

Attached: image.jpg (1024x768, 437K)

email the authors and they might just give it to you

Don't waste money on that meme. Even if it's true, it's not like they say the l700 or l300 is shittier than the k701. Who really cares about $4000 headphones?

>buy a paper proving that stax is trash
>the study shows that stax is trash
>nothing has changed

All Stax are objectively garbage

Are there any microphone isolation shields that can be mounted to a suspension scissor microphone stand?

Has anyone here actually looked at the study?
It's available elsewhere for free, but I'll just upload it
my.mixtape.moe/mrnhkx.pdf

>The highest rated Headphone E (green) has the lowest amount of non-coherent distortion among the given headphones.

Headphone E is the Stax btw lmfao....I'm not even a stax poster but at least learn how to read before you post this shit dude

Attached: 2018-12-14_02-48-36.png (666x854, 108K)

What do you guys recommend for a portable headphone amp? I need something battery powered to drive a pair of 80 ohm DT770's when i'm not at home.

>Budget - £70
>Location - UK
>Source - Phone audio / Laptop
>Type of headphone - Beyer DT770
>Open or closed -
>Comfort level -
>Sound signature - Neutral
>Past headphones -

stax

jk fiio e17k if you need internal battery, sabaj da2 if you don't

>>The highest rated Headphone E (green) has the lowest amount of non-coherent distortion among the given headphones.
Wrong

Attached: qSMkjqo[1].png (514x379, 48K)

Interesting, thanks.

>The second observation is that beyond Headphone D, most listeners had difficulty reliably discriminating among the headphones indicated by the small differences in headphone preference ratings, and the rather large overlapping error bars.

So in the end, above a certain point, it doesn't really matter.

>So in the end, above a certain point, it doesn't really matter.
Yes. Electrostats are useless.

I overlooked that chart, but this study is kinda bs anyway because they used Stax as a reference and "virtually" tested the others using recordings

>what is decay
regardless, stax has 80 years to improve their FR. harman comparatively is a BABY
>Yes. Electrostats are useless.
what happened to >muh stax sux this study proves it. you are admitting right here that the study is useless propaganda you've cooked up

Attached: 6de6f4f3_STAX_SR-207_EP-507_SB2217.png (2260x896, 291K)

Yes, there's obviously differences between how headphones sound, but the results still hold true for just distortion performance. According to the paper, distortion doesn't indicate much about headphone quality unless it's particularly bad.

All that you can take away from it is that low distortion isn't what makes stax good.

stax

Objectively garbage

are you sure you need an amp? the 80 ohm dt770 sounded fine out of my phone when i had it

>Yes. Electrostats are useless.
>what is planar wavefront propagation

i'm looking into buying some nice headphones for christmas

budget: maximum 130 usd/180 aud, but preferably around 100 usd/140 aud

source: normal 3.5mm jack

type: over ears, closed headphones.

comfort: preferably good comfy headphones, whatever is fine as long as it doesn't hurt after a couple of hours or whatever

Stax sound like shit compared to normal headphones even when equalized to match one target.

stax

there is nothing that supports that, in fact the study you have been linking actually proves otherwise
>The highest rated Headphone E (green) has the lowest amount of non-coherent distortion among the given headphones.

Poor damage control, my dear stax incel

they did point out that that metric was a better predictor of preference than the others, but it was still rated lower (barely) than the AKG as pointed out
>In summary, among the distortion metrics we chose in this study, non-coherent distortion based on music appears to be to be more correlated with listeners’ preference ratings than the THD, IM and Multitone.

you appear to have forgotten to type out your reply.

Yes, Stax are garbage and can't compete even with mid-fi dynamic headphones

I mispoke, I meant to use the word suggest not prove
>it was still rated lower (barely)
false, you can't make any conclusions due to the statistical significance (the bars)
you've got nothing

>t. triggered stax incel

respond using proof.

why do you keep forgetting to type your reply out?

been a while since i took stats, but what you mean is that the p-value isn't

see >false, you can't make any conclusions due to the statistical significance (the bars)

do you have anything or are you just going to shitpost? you've fallen pretty far sapphire. you used to actually write thoughtful posts and gatekeep undesirables, but now you've made it your mission to shit up /hpg/

Stax shitphones are objectively worse than a mif-di dynamics, it's a fact

>mif-di
what did he mean by this

It's not random, Stax sound really bad too.

It means Stax are objectively garbage

black cock is objectively good (to sapphire)

>ordered new heapdhones from a shop in my city
>thought that I'd rather support a local business
>also I could just drive there if I need a replacement or want to return them
>delivery is done the same day according to them and shipping is almost free
>2 days have passed
>they weren't even shipped
>contact them
>ahurr durr sorry user we didn't actually have them in stock even though our online shop says otherwise please forgive us
>we need to get them from our distributor so you'll have to wait until monday
>6 fucking days in total
>canceling the purchase means I have to wait like 3 days for the money to actually return to my account
should have just bought them from amazon, fucking worthless fucks

this is just sad dude.

Poor Stax incels are crying already

jamal’s nigger dick is crying for your warm mouth sapphire

>spend years gatekeeping trolls from /hpg/ only to become the troll in the end
>if you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you

Attached: C37B9CA6-FF07-4EE1-892E-230DD28C1B26.jpg (480x480, 40K)

what i'm most curious about is if stax users actually try them before buying, or if they just spend a fuckload of money hoping it sounds good

>t. triggered stax incel

I dont have any headphones stores I in my city so I buy everything based off reviews and measurements. I wish I had the opportunity to demo headphones first.

considering the only places you're really going to get a chance to try them is japan and canjams i doubt many people tried them before they bought them

>if they just spend a fuckload of money hoping it sounds good
you don't need to spend a fuckload of money. I bought mine after the impressions of another user here who had similar headphones as me and bought a stax setup for $400

And they sound bad.

so you've said for the 10,000th time but it doesn't mean anything and no one is listening anymore

oh 400 doesn't sound too bad, people here make it sound like it costs a lot more

How do you get a setup for $400? The energizer?

>no one is listening

because stax blew your eardrums out and short circuit it lol

PA PA

Attached: PAPA.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

be patient and check hifishark.com + devbrada.com
>oh 400 doesn't sound too bad, people here make it sound like it costs a lot more
it's a hard pill for people to swallow when they realize they could have bought stax for what they paid for their dynamic setup (or $100-200 more)

well no I meant that people are still interested and buying stax regardless of your shitposting. i'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish

Give source OP, reverse searching it only gave me a chinese steam account avatar.

shhhhh be quiet or the DT1990 shills will be angry that they spend 600usd for worst headphone (including that one user getting it today in the mail).

Attached: 1544783422625.png (1000x1000, 274K)

Attached: 1540881747981.png (331x10000, 160K)

>tfw you tried stax but they sounded airy and unnatural so you didn't get them

Attached: 1407499316733.gif (480x288, 981K)

No one interested in Stax now, after this audiophool meme was exposed

is the little bear worth buying for shits and giggles?

Surprisingly there is a store in my shithole that has them for audition, so I might try them and see what the fuss is about. Probably next year though cause I just bought some new headphones.

>after this audiophool meme was exposed
with what proof

Attached: 1517429337730.png (645x729, 43K)

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

no it didn't

>t. triggered stax incel

sapphire if you're going to tell us fictitious stories we'd much rather hear about the time you lost your virginity

not OP but I'll spoonfeed you faggots
newgrounds.com/art/view/mrstrangersalley/futaba
next time at least search a cocking booru like sankakucomplex that should give you the artist name if nothing else

ps: what is a not shit dacamp to replace my aged, dead screen, mostly unresponsive buttons and battery swelled but somehow not caught on fire fiio e7? willing to spend $200 AUD or about $150 freedom burger dollars

The headbands looks very comfy.

Yeah I hope more company use headband like this and stop with the "self adjusting" wing system or akg headband. Also its lightweight.

Attached: 1.jpg (1071x5065, 1.38M)

dx3 pro when its on sale
i probably wouldnt have paid 186-200 for it but there was a 15% ebay coupon that made it 158 burgerbucks, 3 day dhl shipping was included because they fucked up and didnt have stock

stax energizer

Garbage

Yes yes sapphire go back to your nigger cock pacifier

Picked up a pair of ATH-MSR7NC's on sale. They're arriving later today. Did I make the right call or am I about to feel imminent buyer's remorse?

Attached: ath_msr7_nc_2_sq.jpg (330x330, 54K)

>Listening to top 40

earpads and headband comfort is superior to beyer for pro use.

careful where you buy it, they make fake ones from china. just google it if you think you have a fake.

I bought it from amazon, it was sold and fulfilled by bald boy Jeffrey

As a general rule, if the error bars overlap then it's not a statistical significant difference

Well, now that the ad2000x have been discontinued a new version should be coming soon

Amazon isn't infallible. A relative of mine bought an M2 drive off amazon and the box arrived tampered with. It was empty. Thankfully he got a replacement sent out but shit can go wrong.

redpill me on CG, is he the dude that love grados?

Attached: 1544777890344.jpg (848x480, 107K)

Reposting from the last thread pls respond.
What is the current meme for less than a $100 and what can I actually get for that money that is fairly neutral (no scooped mids) and comfortable?

Does anyone know if that user got those vintage planars in? I was thinking of picking up a pair and missed the last couple of threads

i would post the pastebin but i would rather not associate with sapphire