Blue Yeti Microphone

What is your opinion on the performance/price of the Yeti? It looks like it has all I need, but maybe there are better options that I haven't even heard of or considered?

Thank you

Attached: blue yeti mic.jpg (700x481, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_sjZJ9i_mH0
amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Professional-USB-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B076ZXYG17/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1544830890&sr=8-2&keywords=amazon basics microphone
thomann.de/de/the_tbone_micplug_usb.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just get a snowball, or an actually good XLR mic broseph

Get a real microphone if you are doing anything for an audience.

Isn't snowball just a cheaper version with less functions?

Well, I do intend to share my singing and maybe some speech with an audience via Youtube, not live broadcasting or concerts in bars/clubs and the like. What do you recommend?

It's fine for 99% of uses. Sounds great.

Horrible mic for most use cases. It's a large diaphragm condenser which picks up everything in your room/house, including every single mouse click, every single keystroke, even your breath. And it's a low quality mic even for the use case where large diaphragm condensers are appropriate (recording in a sound booth).

Just get a cheap XLR interface like the Behringer UMC22, and a cheap XLR mic like the Behringer Ultravoice Xm8500. Cheaper than the Yeti in total, and far superior for what most people use their mics for (online voice chat / streaming / video commentary)

They're overpriced shit and people buy them because they see their favorite youtuber or twitch streamer having them along with DX Racers, Razer headphones, etc. They're also unnecessarily big for the quality of sound you get. USB mics(I owned a blue Snowball and a USB AT2020) are always going to have that slight white noise no matter what gain you're on so your recordings are never going to sound clean. Getting an audio interface with 48v phantom power will open you up to a wide range of microphones you can use+they don't have white noise.
>Well, I do intend to share my singing and maybe some speech with an audience via Youtube
A condenser microphone would be great for singing if you have acoustic foam on your walls. BM800 should be the cheapest in that category. If you don't want to deal with that shit then get a dynamic microphone like a SM58(I'm using a $27 bootleg that sounds as good as the original) or any of the cheaper alternatives. You have to have your mouth up close to it but you'll get no background noise because they are designed to be used in venues and concerts. Just look into the difference between dynamic and condenser mics and see which will fit your preference.

The answer is wrapped in this guy explaining how to be a voice actor so you'll have to sit through that, but this is the video that explains it the best imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=_sjZJ9i_mH0

stop promoting your plagiarized content you fucking hack

>your recordings are never going to sound clean
Even if I buy with the pop filter?

Remember when that Weegee faggot completely ripped off that video and tried to act all denial about it?
Yes. Pop filters are only used for blocking plosive sounds blowing into the mic. The white noise is most likely because USB mics aren't using a preamp.

Ye. Completely took the blue yeti is a toy meme out of context and just ran with that shit ripping off the entire video, fuck that faggot.

Because he has no experience outside of let's plays. I found his channel when he shilled it on /v/ before he had 1000 subs and since I did animations on YT he tried to contact me through Youtube's shitty message system that I only found out a year later. He isn't a good voice actor since like what SBN3 said there's a difference between voice acting and making funny voices.

He's really grasping at straws now that he can't mooch off of alpharad's dick
Highschool dropout retard

Here’s a good opinion

Attached: 13C008FF-50C6-4A21-B8BE-0F5EF9391D90.png (800x1180, 218K)

Why would you make this?

Who the fuck makes this unironically
[spoiler]I need more [/spoiler]

Attached: 1517794142445.jpg (532x532, 34K)

Don't get a USB mic. They sound awful when compared to traditional mics even at the same pricepoint.
Get a Shure SM58 instead. Yes, you'll need an audio interface but it's worth it.

what was the original

got one for 40% off just for recording random shit like videos and i find its great. there is probably better stuff for RRP though

>14 y-o girl talking like that to an adult man
Topkek.
As if something like that would ever happen. Ah ah

On the other hand, what is a (mostly) non-garbage unidirectional USB mic for just online chatting and streaming?

I know they're a "diamond dozen" on Amazon and they'd probably work fine, but was wondering if anyone had a specific rec.

I use an Behringer Ultravoice and run it with pic related.

Can recommend. It has a gain control and connects via USB. Pretty neat sound and it also features the option to switch Phantom power on/off if a mic desperately needs it to work.

Attached: xlrusbadapter2.jpg (375x361, 20K)

what is the name of pic related?

amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Professional-USB-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B076ZXYG17/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1544830890&sr=8-2&keywords=amazon basics microphone

>things that never happen

>Strong and independent 14 y-o little girls don't exist
Stupid bigot

dont fall for the meme

I fell for the blue yeti meme, it's a joke

This here is mine: thomann.de/de/the_tbone_micplug_usb.htm

Jow Forums was where I found it.

As an amateur music maker, this is how I found out about how shite the meme yeti is